Lightning

"shining" sanded touch-up paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow... I didn't know touch-up paint was such a touchy (haha... touchy. Didn't mean to do that) subject.
Thanks, everyone, for the advice.

Old 06-10-2003, 03:34 PM
****... what's that swirl remover you're talking about?
2.0? Who makes it? Where would i find it?

Old 06-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Banned
Old 06-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Guapo
Wow... I didn't know touch-up paint was such a touchy (haha... touchy. Didn't mean to do that) subject.
Thanks, everyone, for the advice.
see what you did, now I want you to do seven hail marys and 10 our fathers for your sin! just kiding, yeah some people love there paint work.

Old 06-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Posting Rights Suspended For Too Many Antagonistic Posts
I'm sure that **** knows best. He has spent more time than the rest of us slammin people against their paint jobs! He probably reads them their miranda's then gives them advice on paint touch up.

Old 06-10-2003, 03:47 PM
Thanks!!

Old 06-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Flying ****
Meguiars #9 V2.0 Swirl Remover Then finish off with some
Menzerna Final Polish
I will agree with you on the Menzerna Final Polish, it is the best I have used. I sometimes follow with a hand glaze but always end with 2-3 coats of Pinnacle Souverain wax. IMO it is the best wax for show-car results on black paint. It doesn't just shine and reflect, it give depth and that wet look that makes the ultimate difference.

BTW all the Meguires does is fill in swirls with oils (ie petroleum products). To really get rid of swirls, you need to get them out with an abrasive.

PS I'm not talking about that wet look shown in that picture posted on this thread.

Last edited by NeedFourSpeed; 06-10-2003 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Banned
Originally posted by smkstklightning
I'm sure that **** knows best. He has spent more time than the rest of us slammin people against their paint jobs! He probably reads them their miranda's then gives them advice on paint touch up.

Dont you belong in jail for driving drunk?

Old 06-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Dont you belong in jail for driving drunk?

Old 06-10-2003, 04:09 PM
Banned
Originally posted by NeedFourSpeed
I will agree with you on the Menzerna Final Polish, it is the best I have used. I sometimes follow with a hand glaze but always end with 2-3 coats of Pinnacle Souverain wax. IMO it is the best wax for show-car results on black paint. It doesn't just shine and reflect, it give depth and that wet look that makes the ultimate difference.

BTW all the Meguires does is fill in swirls with oils (ie petroleum products). To really get rid of swirls, you need to get them out with an abrasive.

PS I'm not talking about that wet look shown in that picture posted on this thread.

The newest 2.0 does have some intense abrasives and removes these swirls. I would point him to Intense Polish by Menzerna, but i dont think he has the proper equipment to really take advantage of it. After i use any of the SMR's, i always use Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion to remove any fillers that are left over, then either go with a sealant/wax or glaze and wax. BTW, all i use is Souveran.. Nothing touches this stuff

Old 06-10-2003, 04:10 PM
For the record I believe in drinking and detailing not drinking and driving........I'm having a hard time convincing my friends to be the designated detailer .

Old 06-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Banned
Originally posted by NeedFourSpeed
For the record I believe in drinking and detailing not drinking and driving........I'm having a hard time convincing my friends to be the designated detailer .

Tell me about. Holding a PC for 7 hrs on setting 6 has reminded me not to get swirls in the paint.

BTW, that Cyntax is a post *****

Old 06-10-2003, 04:20 PM
The newest 2.0 does have some intense abrasives and removes these swirls. I would point him to Intense Polish by Menzerna, but i dont think he has the proper equipment to really take advantage of it. After i use any of the SMR's, i always use Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion to remove any fillers that are left over, then either go with a sealant/wax or glaze and wax. BTW, all i use is Souveran.. Nothing touches this stuff
I used the Intensive Polish to bring back the shine on a friends painted mirrors. That stuff works and requires a light touch or you can get in trouble in a hurry. When he saw all the red on the pad I was using he about freaked. After the final polish and wax he couldn't believe the results.

I use the paintwork cleansing lotion and PC unit also! We better shut up before we give all our secrets away LOL!

Old 06-10-2003, 04:20 PM
my name has TWO x's...

Old 06-10-2003, 04:21 PM
CYNTAXX, The new Drag Look. Ed

Quick Reply: "shining" sanded touch-up paint