Lightning

Lightning Strike

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you came out fine, and glad to see that the cab was untouched for the most part. Makes me feel safe!

Old 06-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Black2000L
Glad you came out fine, and glad to see that the cab was untouched for the most part. Makes me feel safe!
I was kind of surprised that except for the damage caused by the airbags deploying, and a shattered drivers side window, the cab is pretty much intact. The front end really absorbed a lot of energy. As you might imagine, it was a pretty violent collision.

Listen up kids: Airbags and seatbelts save lives!

Old 06-10-2003, 11:13 PM
Good to see you weren't hurt. Damn sad to see an L in that shape. Hope things go well for ya.

Old 06-10-2003, 11:27 PM
Oh my....that just hurts to look at.
I hope you are ok from that!
Good thing you were in a truck...that could have been even more serious!

Hopefully you will get a new one!

Best of luck!

Paul G.

Old 06-11-2003, 12:05 AM
totaled

WTF! Glad to see your cool though. A definite total.

Old 06-11-2003, 12:06 AM
Man. I hardly ever wear my seatbelt. I am a "punk" kid! i am a sweet driver, no accidents but lots of avoided accidents due to good driving, but i am sure you are too. I guess i will have to start buckling up. I mean to but i just forget. I guess i wont now. Glad your oK. Hope you get a new one. Good luck.

Vinny

Old 06-11-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Vinny
Man. I hardly ever wear my seatbelt. I am a "punk" kid! i am a sweet driver, no accidents but lots of avoided accidents due to good driving, but i am sure you are too. I guess i will have to start buckling up. I mean to but i just forget. I guess i wont now. Glad your oK. Hope you get a new one. Good luck.

Vinny
That's the first accident I've been in since 1985. I consider myself a pretty decent driver too. But no matter how sweet a driver you are, sometimes other people do real stupid things. There was no way I could have avoided this one. It was like this guy was aiming for me. He was waiting to turn and didn't move until I was about 30 feet from him. Not much you can do at 50 MPH (45 zone).
I'm in the USAF, so wearing seatbelts has been ingrained into me. I'm glad for that now.

-Craig

Old 06-11-2003, 08:32 AM
Did you have normal full coverage? Anyone here got 'Complete Replacement Insurance' ? I talked to my agent, and they said the blue books give values, and some don't. What I have is a policy which states if the truck is totaled, they will find one of same year, same milage or lower, etc. But the guy was honest, and said to find a truck like that, with the same thing as your (even color, everything is in the policy *grin*)... would be almost impossible. He said I would almost for sure, get a brand new one if they can even get that. Kind of nice knowing if I get mine totaled, will be replaced with a new one, or the EXACT same type, no questions asked. And he said its all really up to me. If they can't find a red one, and find a blue one, my choice. They give me all the choices, and then if they can't find anything close, I get to choose a brand new one. YAY! I won't just get 'money for what the blue book value is' and have to use that to purchose one. Kind of nice. Wasn't very much more either.

I hope all goes well with you! And glad everyone is ok. And agree on the old people thing. I see a lot of crazy 60+ drivers. And as far as the pulling out in front of ya, yes. I"m always scared to be driving and see someone inch out and stop... I always think what if they just pulled out. I always have my head lights on thought in hopes they will see me, plus I usually drive with the foot on the brake and such. I'm a freaky paranoid driver. Though, like you said, 30ft, heh, what where you to do?! Damn the elders! *grin*

Old 06-11-2003, 08:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man that looks like it was a solid pop! Hope both you and the other guy turn out alright? And I do hope for your sake they total it so you can move on to a later model.

Vinny, I can't stress seat belt usage enough. My wife and her mother had a head on about 20 years ago. The old guy crossed the centerline (asleep) and hit them on a 2 lane road. He and my mother in law did'nt have their belts on. Killed him, messed up my m-i-l pretty bad and my wife came out of it hurt but in much better shape than the other two.

Just some words to the wise from someone with experience, WOT

Old 06-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Sorry about the accident.

But holy cow, I know I don't post much anymore, but to see PBGas post again is freaky. How's it going Paul?

Old 06-11-2003, 11:20 AM
arrgghh...makes me cringe to see that. I would lose my mind if someone did that to me, they would need to call an abulance to "treat' the guy's "injuries" Good luck on getting a new truck, just make sure its another L and not some Hemi or something lame

Old 06-11-2003, 11:23 AM
He said Old Fart.....haha.

Hope everthing works out...lokks totaled to me..03 here you come.

Old 06-11-2003, 11:29 AM
(Off Subject...)

WHAT04
What kind of taillights are those? And are they 'DOT' approved? I really wanna get a set... and a new set of front '03 headlights. Thanks!

Old 06-11-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Konig
arrgghh...makes me cringe to see that. I would lose my mind if someone did that to me, they would need to call an abulance to "treat' the guy's "injuries" ) Good luck on getting a new truck, just make sure its another L and not some Hemi or something lame
The witnesses that stopped for the accident wouldn't let me get near the guy In retrospect that was probably a good thing but I was pretty irate at the time.
I wouldn't even consider one of the POS hemi's or alleged SRT-10's. You should be ashamed that you even mention it

Old 06-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Having just had my front end customized by a deer while I was doing 65, i feel your pain. Glad you are OK and I hope everthing turns out well. A lot will depend on the insurance companies you are dealing with. I can tell you right now that everyone in the biz from repair shops to rental car agencies says American Family is a real problem. Allstate is not far behind. According to the people I have talked with State Farm is doing a good job of taking care of their claims. (No, I am not an agent or employee of any insurance company).

If for some reason you can't get it totaled the do like I did and turn lemons into lemonade. I'm getting the custom hood I have always wanted and billet grills too. Can't wait to get her back in 2-3 weeks; driving the rental camry blows.

Quick Reply: Lightning Strike