Lightning

someone broke into the L

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry someone broke into the L

My Lightning got broken into at Ga Tech today. Good thing is that there was no damage (must've used "the method" to get in) and the funnier thing is that they only stole my change holder and my visor CD holder, but they didnt take the CD's??? hahahah they must've not liked my music as all the CD's were dumped out on my seat. I feel bad for whoever did it cuz they must in a pretty bad situation to have to steal change, but at the same time I hope they get hit by a truck, A BIG BLACK TRUCK. Needless to say I wont be parking where I was at anymore. If anybody knows how I can protect myself in the future please let me know. Thanks guys.

Justin

Old 06-11-2003, 06:31 PM
Last fall I had someone pry open my soft toneau cover, steal a chamois (sp?) and carefully try to put the toneau back on. Oddly enough, they did not take any of the other detailing products (about 25 bucks worth) I had back there, most still unopened. I guess the thief had to dry their vehicle but not wax or polish it.

Old 06-11-2003, 06:33 PM
do you have an alarm on your truck? it probably wouldn't keep people from getting in but it would bring attention to those who are around it

Old 06-11-2003, 06:43 PM
After I had that happen to me, I went out a week later and had a Alpine SEC-150R installed. It has proximity radar and will chirp pretty loudly if people hang around my truck too much. And if there is a breach of the inner zone (within an open window, inside the cab, etc.) it will go nuts!

I'm contemplating a pager next....

Old 06-11-2003, 06:47 PM
nope i dont have an alarm, I doubt it would have helped me where I was parked tho. What's a decent system to get?

Old 06-11-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by jc_atl
nope i dont have an alarm, I doubt it would have helped me where I was parked tho. What's a decent system to get?
I like my Alpine/wireless camera and soon a pager!

Old 06-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by cyntaxx
I like my Alpine/wireless camera and soon a pager!
how much is the alpine? do they tend to have a lot of false alarms? haha im asking cuz whenever i drive thru the parking desk i get at least 3 cars chirpping at me...

Old 06-11-2003, 06:56 PM
That sucks jc_atl

But TG there was no damage

Ya I've had people break in older cars of mine through the yrs, and steal the stupidest schit, yet leave much better stuff behind.

Old 06-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by jc_atl
how much is the alpine? do they tend to have a lot of false alarms? haha im asking cuz whenever i drive thru the parking desk i get at least 3 cars chirpping at me...
I have never had any false alarms. Of course, I never park streetside and my truck is either far far away at the other end of a parking lot (when I get groceries, etc.), under my watchful eye in a restaurant parking lot (always ask to sit where I can see my truck), or at home tucked under my apartment in my garage (where a wireless camera with audio will soon be babysitting it).

The alarm was 350 installed.

Old 06-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Thant sucks JC
I know your pain.
Last year some punk broke into my wife's truck, broke the window, scratched/dented the door and ripped the dash apart for a $120 CD player and a cell phone charger. He messed up the stereo getting it out (broke some tabs off the face plate) and dumped it 100 yards away. The police found it and I got it back. I fixed for $18 in parts, had the window fixed and re tinted and just living with the scratched/dented door and scratches in the dash.

The best part is they caught the **** the next night a few streets over. I just got a letter in the mail saying he would be in jail for 7 years before getting paroll and I should get $250 in restitution (I won't hold my breath for it ). I was pissed when it happend but glad they did not touch my L parked right next to my wife's truck and thrilled his *** in now in jail.

I hope they catch the one who got you.

Old 06-11-2003, 10:39 PM
It's most likely someone who knows you, and who wants to **** you off without actually stealing things worth while, or ruining your vehicle. Think of people you know, even associates, who may know you and your vehicle, and did you **** any of them off in the last few months

Old 06-12-2003, 12:23 AM
Do you attend GT? I graduated in 1999: BSID. Anyway, midtown ATL can be sketchy, and my roommate then had his Pontiac broken into for.... (you're not going to believe this).... mix tapes!!!

Quick Reply: someone broke into the L