Lightning

10 Second Street Terror

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003 | 11:12 PM

Old 06-15-2003 | 11:30 PM
Big Red Machine

Last time I looked Bogarts & Slicks were not full street trim! Waiting for you to reply.......

Old 06-15-2003 | 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Jim@JDM

P.S.
Your Truck is 100 LBS. heavier than mine. You only went 2 100's of a tenth fast than me and two miles per hour.

Jim@JDM
Well, faster ET and faster Trap speed is faster right?

No prize for second place in racing

Congrats for getting Big Red on the Road Sal.

By the way, I've seen Sal's roll bar installation and it is the least conspicuous I've seen on a Lightning

Old 06-16-2003 | 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Jim@JDM

I talked to you at WFC6 about your massive Nitrous explosion.

Supercharger + Nitrous = KABOOM!!

Old 06-16-2003 | 01:04 AM
Unhappy

Well, back to the sandbox. When are you people going to start behaving like adults?

Old 06-16-2003 | 01:11 AM
Lightbulb

I am tired of this my truck is the fastest and I am "God" cause my truck weighs so and so. You say it is streetable this streetable that. So do you go 10's on 93 Octane>??? I don't think so. I have your truck run twice. The first time it went a 12.7X and the second time it was struggling to go a 10.9X with all the other passes I saw in the 11's. What good is it to have one fast time slip but no consitency(sp)>??? Not good at all if you ask me. I am not trying to bash you, as I am glad your truck is back on the road. I am just stating some facts. I ran to the sidelines everytime you were about to make a pass in excitement, so don't call me a hater either. I just don't like one sided stories. -Mat-

Old 06-16-2003 | 01:18 AM
Banned
Hmm, whats up with this? I think people are starting to get the scare that the Works 140 is out and on some fast trucks. Look out.. I dont think sal is going to be needing nitrous. Some of the others will though,

Good to see your back up and running Sal. Good luck this season

Old 06-16-2003 | 01:23 AM
Back from the dead ****?

Old 06-16-2003 | 01:31 AM
Originally posted by cyntaxx
Back from the dead ****?
LoL. I can't wait to see a Works140 truck run. I think I will have to make it out to PA to see Sal run. Goodluck! -Mat-

Old 06-16-2003 | 03:16 AM
I'm happy as hell that Sal got a 140 on his truck....it should have happened a long time ago. If the tuners don't get a handle on these things, then whats the use of owning one. I don't see the point of buying a 3+ thousand dollar S/C and running it at 14lbs of boost. I want mine to be comfy at 24lbs, and to do this takes a lot of learning and botched 1/4 mile passes. NO?

Also I can't believe some of you guys get your panties all in a knot when a tuner comes on here and gives his product a little "razzle dazzle". They all do it cause thats how they make a living.

I guess I'm a little impatient. I want to see chips and fuel systems in a kit and everything cut-n-tried and ready to go.

Sal....you sell big pumps but I don't see 55lb injectors or fuel rails or adjustable FPR's on your site......how come ??
Dale

Old 06-16-2003 | 05:14 AM
Originally posted by LightningTruck

Supercharger + Nitrous = KABOOM!!
i was behind him when the giant fire god wreacked havoc. i believe it was more like nitrous and the 3 sec. wait that he had to give to the competitor that ultimatly did it in. all i saw was his truck lift and boom. i dont think he went 5 ft. barely.

glad to see its running Sal and thanks for helping me trouble shoot my little problem. can't wait til the weekend see ya in pennsylvania

Old 06-16-2003 | 05:47 AM
Hey Sal,
I was tied up all day yesterday, but I see you were right around the corner from me at Bald Hill, that stretch of road is my favorite test area for WOT Blast. Unfortunatly that may change once they complete the new Police Station at the corner of Mid Country Rd But Man oh Man it would have been a pleasure to get my *** handed to me by your Beast had I ran into you.

BTW
Thats the same hood I see, how'd you manage that after the mishap ? Glad to see it's looking as good as EVER

Old 06-16-2003 | 06:17 AM
Banned
Originally posted by cyntaxx
Back from the dead ****?
I was out of town for 4 days and noticed all kinds of stuff happened around here

Old 06-16-2003 | 06:20 AM
Banned
Originally posted by Bad as L
I'm happy as hell that Sal got a 140 on his truck....it should have happened a long time ago. If the tuners don't get a handle on these things, then whats the use of owning one. I don't see the point of buying a 3+ thousand dollar S/C and running it at 14lbs of boost. I want mine to be comfy at 24lbs, and to do this takes a lot of learning and botched 1/4 mile passes. NO?

Also I can't believe some of you guys get your panties all in a knot when a tuner comes on here and gives his product a little "razzle dazzle". They all do it cause thats how they make a living.

I guess I'm a little impatient. I want to see chips and fuel systems in a kit and everything cut-n-tried and ready to go.

Sal....you sell big pumps but I don't see 55lb injectors or fuel rails or adjustable FPR's on your site......how come ??
Dale
Thats the prob, running around with 24 lbs of boost on standard 91,92, or 93 octane is deadly... Cruise around town at 15-16 psi, its not like youre going to need anymore. You start to hit the wall at 21 psi with our MAF's, so more tuning and triming is needed to get the air flow. I know it sounds easy to crank up the boost, but there is more to this.

BTW.. Works makes custom fuel rails now and Salad can get them for you. Injectors can be found all across the net for a fair price.. If you need an adj regualtor, go get a 1997 fuel rail setup and slap on an adj regulator for a modular cobra.

Old 06-16-2003 | 07:49 AM
JDM people (owners and employees), you suck. Time and time again you guys just sound like the biggest a-holes. Makes me happy I buy my stuff from the guy in the house.

Last edited by Crued; 06-16-2003 at 07:51 AM.

Quick Reply: 10 Second Street Terror