Lightning

JDM Phenolic Spacers!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003 | 01:57 PM
|
Former Sponsor
Thumbs up JDM Phenolic Spacers!

Just want to let everyone that our phenolic spacers are in stock and ready for shipping. The back orders will be shipping today and the people on the waiting list will be called. The final price for these spacers are $89.00 without the EGR tube, $139.00 with the EGR tube.

The purpose of our spacer is to straighten out the air flow pattern before it hits the supercharger impellers. This kit is also designed to reduce the heat to the upper plenum generated by the supercharger which will give you a cooler air charge. It will work in conjunction with the stock supercharger as well as an aftermarket blower such as the Kenne Bell.

Call JDM at 732/780/0770 or E-Mail us at Sales@TeamJDM.com to order.

Thanks, I could tell you that you will get a horsepower improvement and a cooler air charge. I will not post any numbers because every truck is different and the way the vehicle is set up for the test might be different than the way we did ours. For example you bring your truck to the dyno shop and the guy takes two hours before the guy dynos it so the truck will be cooled down. Than you go back home put the phenolic spacer on and you come back and the guy dyno's it immediately while the truck is hot and you loose 15 horsepower. Than you post that it did not work. Or, it could be you went for a dyno on a 28 barometer day and it was a 30 barometer day when you originally dynoed the truck. I can only tell you that they do work. If you have any legitimate questions I will be more than happy to answer them.

Jim@JDM

Old 06-18-2003 | 01:59 PM
Could we see some dyno numbers that try to eliminate as many variables as possible? For instance, 2 pulls back to back with no cool down withOUT the spacer. Then 2 pulls back to back with it. Same day, with a couple of hours of cool down before each 2 pulls.

Old 06-18-2003 | 02:05 PM
HP huh?

Jim, that makes no sense...

testing is one of the biggest parts of tuning a car. I agree that lots of things can affect a dyno/drag strip run, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do comparisons!

No matter what, people will post their results, so you not posting them doesn't help anything unless you haven't been able to measure any gains (dyno, strip, intake temperature at lower intake, air flow through the intake, something should be better!)

If you have dyno or strip numbers and don't want to share them, that's fine (weird if they're positive, but it's your right)

If the number are to good to be true (aka 30hp), then get some more numbers and figure out where the discrepency is.

Not being a basher, just an engineer.

Coldie

Old 06-18-2003 | 02:07 PM
Quote from the other phenolic spacer thread:

"It drops your plenum temperature after a 1/4 mile run 68 degrees. This means that the air going in to your supercharger is cooler which on a supercharged engine is a plus."

EDIT: I don't know if those numbers are tested or not, just what Jim posted.

Last edited by cyntaxx; 06-18-2003 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-18-2003 | 02:19 PM
Re: JDM Phenolic Spacers!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim@JDM
[B]
For example you bring your truck to the dyno shop and the guy takes two hours before the guy dynos it so the truck will be cooled down. Than you go back home put the phenolic spacer on and you come back and the guy dyno's it immediately while the truck is hot and you loose 15 horsepower. Than you post that it did not work. Or, it could be you went for a dyno on a 28 barometer day and it was a 30 barometer day when you originally dynoed the truck. I can only tell you that they do work. QUOTE]

JIM!!
I think this is outright hilarious. Not in the fact that I think bad of anything in here..Its like the disclaimer for leasing a BMW for 399/month with 3985 down.
What you have done is here to me..is spoken the truth..And you made me laugh..For that you get..YES YOU GET!!!

SMILING PIG!! LOL

Old 06-18-2003 | 02:33 PM
plenum temp

I had forgotten about that number, but it's not really the number that's useful.

If you've just shuffled the heat into the Supercharger, so it puts more heat into the air, what good have you done?

A temperature probe before and after the intercooler would be an excellent non-hp answer.

Coldie

Old 06-18-2003 | 02:41 PM
|
Former Sponsor
Jim, that makes no sense...

testing is one of the biggest parts of tuning a car. I agree that lots of things can affect a dyno/drag strip run, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do comparisons!

No matter what, people will post their results, so you not posting them doesn't help anything unless you haven't been able to measure any gains (dyno, strip, intake temperature at lower intake, air flow through the intake, something should be better!)

If you have dyno or strip numbers and don't want to share them, that's fine (weird if they're positive, but it's your right)

If the number are to good to be true (aka 30hp), then get some more numbers and figure out where the discrepency is.

Not being a basher, just an engineer.

Coldie
Coldie,

I'll be more than happy to post dyno number gains because they are positive. The situation that I am in here is that Cyntaxx came on and stated that this is a useless mod and I have a feeling everything I say about it even though he never tested it he will shoot the product down. So my suggestion is why don't all of you get together and vote for somebody to come down here, I'll install one on his truck and dyno it, if it doesn't work he doesn't pay for it. So, you guys pick the person that you trust and you all get your results this way there will be no question to my results.

Jim@JDM

Last edited by Jim@JDM; 06-18-2003 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-18-2003 | 02:46 PM
Pick Me

Pick Me

Pick Me

Old 06-18-2003 | 02:47 PM
Banned
Jim just send me one to test. If i like it, ill dupe it, including your instructions and sell the hell out of them for you. If you dont want to send me one, please at least send me a copy of the installation instructions so i can copy those

Old 06-18-2003 | 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Jim@JDM
So, you guys pick the person that you trust and you all get your results this way there will be no question to my results.

Jim@JDM
I'll be at the shop on saturday, I'll volunteer also

So me and Gator, 2 different trucks, 2 different set of mods

Old 06-18-2003 | 02:48 PM
Banned
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Pick Me

Pick Me

Pick Me

Pipe down Post *****!

Old 06-18-2003 | 02:50 PM
Fair, reply...I like that! Kudos to Jim

Old 06-18-2003 | 02:59 PM
Damn it! Why do I live so far away from NJ?

Wait a minute...... I remember. Never mind.

Old 06-18-2003 | 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Jim@JDM
Coldie,

I'll be more than happy to post dyno number gains because they are positive. The situation that I am in here is that Cyntaxx came on and stated that this is a useless mod and I have a feeling everything I say about it even though he never tested it he will shoot the product down. So my suggestion is why don't all of you get together and vote for somebody to come down here, I'll install one on his truck and dyno it, if it doesn't work he doesn't pay for it. So, you guys pick the person that you trust and you all get your results this way there will be no question to my results.

Jim@JDM
Wouldn't you be refuting me by posting positive dyno numbers??

Old 06-18-2003 | 03:43 PM
Send one to Kansas Jim and I'll make sure you will be bullit-proof against the naysayers. Independent dyno,and, I will have witnesses and documented conditions.

Otherwise its going to be your fault that I make the decision to spend my money on another JDM product that I want!

Jim, does it ever seem like you can't win for losing with this crowd? Good luck with that product and I think that number is 732.780.0770.

-Jeff-

Quick Reply: JDM Phenolic Spacers!