Lightning

Great work by JDM

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003 | 10:50 AM
Thumbs up JDM

JDM's got my truck running 11.80's with a stock blower, stock heads, stock cams and no nitrous. Best of all it's got a built lower end that's able to take even more, (KB blower next Winter). Keep on Truckin' JDM !!!!!

Old 06-20-2003 | 10:52 AM
Maybe I just called on a bad day than. I wish the website pricing was updated.

Old 06-20-2003 | 07:43 PM
The first time I went to JDM's I thought I was getting hosed. He was so into this other guy, he barely said hi to me. But once he got into my truck, it was like that was the only thing in the world that mattered. They truly have a pasion for these trucks, making people happy, and doing things right. JDM may be hard to get a hold of, and they may charge a high dollar, but you get exactly what you pay for....top notch service and parts! I proudly fly the JDM banner on my truck and wouldn't have it any other way!

Old 06-20-2003 | 09:39 PM
Originally posted by 99 SVT Bolt
They've always done a fantastic job for me.
Andy, that is one bad pic. Congrats on the photography.

Old 06-20-2003 | 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Blue02svt
Andy, that is one bad pic. Congrats on the photography.
Thanks!

Old 06-20-2003 | 11:40 PM
Re: Great work by JDM

Originally posted by RayCee
With all the bashing that goes on here, I just wanted to say what a great job the guys at JDM did. I had them custom install one of their heat exchangers on my truck and they did a fantastic job. The best part is that they didn't rape me on the labor charges either. Anyway, just wanted to throw a bone out to Jim and the guys there.
Vinnie, is that You ???
I know this is really you Vinnie

Keep your pants on, I'm just kidding,

It is nice to hear something postitive about a tuner after the rash of bashing lately. Way to go JDM

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 06-20-2003 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-20-2003 | 11:43 PM
haha. too funny. nice to hear compliments about tuners for a change!!!v

Vinny

Old 06-21-2003 | 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Vinny
haha. too funny. nice to hear compliments about tuners for a change!!!v

Vinny
Yep I have to agree!!

Scott

Old 06-21-2003 | 12:27 AM
Re: Re: Great work by JDM

Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
Vinnie, is that You ???
I know this is really you Vinnie

Old 06-21-2003 | 03:13 AM
agreed

finally got to visit the shop for the first time today. Now I know why these guys are always hanging out there!!!!

Had my truck dynod and custom tuned. Jim spent the better part of the day on my truck alone. I was worried about running lean, the first pull was so rich it was dropping off the graph!!!

Jim changed a couple things, brought the a/f up a bit, but still conservitive and picked up 30hp and 70ftlbs!!!!!

I am now the official dyno *****

If you guys have never had your truck dynoed, you need to do it. It is like nothing you have ever heard before. I head this freaking noise comming from outback and was like what in the christ is that???

It was Gator's truck

Old 06-21-2003 | 12:42 PM
Diiiick....I mean Don...How bout some numbers???? What did that red sled pull?

Old 06-21-2003 | 03:09 PM
Thank you to everyone for all your support and kind words. We have taken a beating on the boards so it is nice to hear some more pleasant commentary. It is always a pleasure putting names with the faces that I talk to on the phones and on the websites. I look forward to seeing the same faces and meeting many more new ones in the future. Thank you all from myself and the whole team at JDM.

Old 06-21-2003 | 04:32 PM
numbers

416.87 hp
522.41 ft lbs

This was done after Jim doctored up my tunning to level out the a/f. This was also my street side of the chip, so would have been a litttle higher on the strip side, but i was more concerned about the tune then the numbers.

A/f number are still very conservitive. Floats right around the 11 mark. I'm sure Jim could have gotten more out of it but i'm very happy where it is.

Just for kicks. The first pull I made was 386.37 / 456.52. A/f dropped off the graph at about 3500rpm and didn't come back till around 5000 rpm.

Old 06-21-2003 | 04:57 PM
Thumbs up

Positive posts are nice to read for a change. All in all I think the tuners do a great job at what they do, and if we don't like a particular tuner than we can just buy from another. If we could all just do that instead of bashing the one or ones that we don't like every chance that some of us get these boards would be a lot better off. There are tons of things to talk about and post about with out all the bashing.
I have dealt with all of the top three tuners; JDM, JLP, and PSP. They all three have given me great service.
I choose and for a long while now to just use one, JDM, to me for what I want out of my truck it is the best way to go.(in my opinion)
That way they know your truck, and they know the history of it. It is their tuning that they tweak to get what you want. It saves them time for not having to guess at what was done to it last by someone else.
JDM has been great to me, and I know that I will reach my goals with them, and I wouldn't want it any other way. So JDM keep up the great work and I love to read about all of the satisfied customers out there.
See you guys soon,
Bill

Old 06-21-2003 | 05:03 PM
My God Don!!! That thing is getting to be a monster, eh? I am really hoping to do the 4lb'r and a dyno tune this summer. If I don't get a chance to go to Jersey, I may steal a burn of your chip file and throw it on a local dyno.

oh, and a spacer too!! Duuuude! Sweeeeeeeeet!

Quick Reply: Great work by JDM