Lightning

New Magnaflow/ JDM longtubes are in!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003 | 11:26 PM
|
New Magnaflow/ JDM longtubes are in!

I wanted to give you guys a heads up, I had the "new' stainless Magnaflow and JDM's long tubes and high flow cats installed at JDM's today. First the good, the system sounds great and volume wise in my opinion it's slightly less loud than a Bassani but has the same pitch, which I like. Having the stock exhaust for almost 2 years and then going to this is a major, wow to say the least, throttle response is better across the board. Now for the bad, unless you have access to a lift and a well stocked tool box, includind a welder this is not a do it yourself gig, if fact I would not recommend adding this setup to a full exhaust, the pipes just don't match up like they should, it took two pro's ( sean and rich)about 12 man hours to do the job, most of which was spent fabing pipes to make it happen. Thanks again guys the quality of your work is outstanding and speaks for itself. Todd

Old 06-20-2003 | 11:29 PM
Thumbs up

It sure is a nice sounding system isn't it>??? Do you have the silverbullet catback or the single muffler system>??? Glad you made out well. -Mat-

Old 06-20-2003 | 11:30 PM
Nice meeting ya today Todd

Glad everything worked out on the exhaust.
Give your little "sweetie" a hug, because it won't be long, when your not allowed too

Old 06-20-2003 | 11:42 PM
|
Thanks

Gator, It was nice meeting you as well and putting a face to the name, it all worked out but as you know sean and rich killed themselfs getting it just right, it was just way to much work for just the cat back, but it does sound great.
Matt, I bought a Magnaflow cat back, not one of Jims silver bullets or single muffler setups, for two reasons: cost (384.00 to my door) and it's all stainless, but the effort involved to get it to fly with long tubes and the highflow cats was substantial. Jim mentioned in a half kidding half serious way" Don't bring another one back" that alone should say it all.

Old 06-20-2003 | 11:48 PM
I gotta hear one of these set ups. I am in NJ. i have straight pipes on my truck wiht factory everything from the cats to the engine. It is loud and i love it. ......But.... if this is better i will have to spend the cash... my mom will kill me.

Vinny

Old 06-21-2003 | 03:16 AM
sweet

sounds really good todd. Especially when you came blasting by me!!!!

In case you didn't notice....we took another wrong turn.....there are too many 287s in this country!!!

Old 06-21-2003 | 09:12 AM
|
I did notice that you guys jumped on 287 but I thought that you guys made the decision to go home the same way you came, you might have samed time I waited almost 2 hours to get get over the GW brigde, I should have taken the tappen Z, I glad you guys made it home safe, And with a bunch more HP, se ya soon. Todd

Last edited by todd abbott; 06-21-2003 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-21-2003 | 10:26 AM
I dont understand. Di dyou get the Long Tubes and full exhaust. the Cat back system or some hybrid ?

I watched them install my exhaust system and have watched/helped Shaun install quite a few on the ground at FFW and it doesnt require a welder NOR 12 hours. More like 3. But that assumes all the pieces are premade and the full system is purchased.

It may have been that they had to fab a few of the parts as they went. Typically they premake them for stock

I personally wouldnt attempt it in my garage - But lots of people have.

Doug

Old 06-21-2003 | 10:31 AM
Doug, He used the new Magnaflow Catback along with the Kooks Longtube headers and JDM midpipes with highflow cats.

Old 06-21-2003 | 12:00 PM
|
exhaust question?

Doug, The above post is correct, I used a Magnaflow catback, they are making a " cat back bolt on" this is NOT one of JDM's ( which would have fit ) I did this because of cost and all stainless construction, the cost difference got eaten up in labor and the fit of the unit left a little bit to be desired with the long tubes and high flow cats. It sounds great but not worth the effort in my opinion, if the full meal deal is what you want than buy one of Jims cat backs or a Bassani, sorry about the confussion. Todd

Old 06-21-2003 | 12:01 PM
Re: sweet

Originally posted by tallimeca

In case you didn't notice....we took another wrong turn.....there are too many 287s in this country!!!
Say it ain't so Can't blame that one on DON

Old 06-21-2003 | 04:40 PM
we suck

you might have samed time I waited almost 2 hours to get get over the GW brigde,

Nope, we waiting in the same traffic.......don't ask.

Hey Gator,...go the wrong way once, shame on him. Go the wrong way twice....shame on us. Wait.....maybe it don't count because we were reversing directions

Old 02-18-2004 | 10:10 PM
Update-

I installed Razors Edge's Dynatech Longtubes with high flow cats and Midpipes from REM as well.

They fit perfectly and bolted right up to the magnaflow, since they are designed to bolt right in place with the facotry catback, as is the magnaflow. All exhausts should be designed to maintain the factory mounting points, that way everything fits together perfectly. I did everything with VinniePSVT in his garage, we took our time on it and spent the day doing it.

REM Longtubes/cats + magnaflow catback =

Old 02-19-2004 | 02:04 AM
I was just about to get the dynatech headers+midpipes and i have the new magnaflow so thanks for the good news.

Old 02-19-2004 | 10:41 AM
I too have the full Dynatech exhaust. Fits like a glove. The installer was impressed with how much better they fit than the JDM/KOOKS system.

Quick Reply: New Magnaflow/ JDM longtubes are in!