Lightning

Super 2Ner TV Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003 | 01:41 AM
|
Super 2Ner TV Anyone?

I woke up with nothing on TV today, and saw "Super 2Ner TV" or something pretty close on TNN. As far as I can tell, it's 2 Boston-accented twins who talk about imports.

Anyways, they went to the track and had a long interview with all these guys with black celica's. They were talking all this trash about how slow the other guy was, what mods they had, blah blah blah, rabble rabble rabble. Oh, I have intake, shift kit, exhaust, etc. etc. etc..
Oh, bwa ha ha ::superior laugh::, this guy only has an automatic.

The camera showed the race starting as a closeup on one of the Celicas. When it takes off, my brain stopped working due to a lack of oxygen as I was was horrified as the ridiculous size of the rear wing on a front wheel drive car. After a few seconds, I found myself on the floor after I had clearly banged my head on my desk after the shocking wing. But wait, the other Celica pulls up (slowly) with a double decker wing! Ugh. Well, the guy with the double decker (I think?) won the race by about 1/10th. That extra wing gave the added rear traction to let him run 16.8! Wow, he beat the other Celica twice!

Anyways, anyone else see this? Comments on Celicas? Anyone raced a Celica? (in your wife's minivan, not the Lightning. Well, like it matters, they both would burn them Celicas)

Old 06-22-2003 | 01:46 AM
Banned AGAIN For Using Our Galleries To Post Inappropriate Material
That's one of the local track out here in So Cal, where the L group goes from time to time. Must have been an all import thing, I didn't see ONE American car.

Funniest part I saw was when they were talking to some hispanic dude and he was saying how he had, heads, exhaust, header(s), intake, and a 60 shot of Nawzzz and they showed him running a blistering time of 16.3!!!

Damn, I wish I could do that. Oh yeah, he had a nice little wing on his too. Too much money goes into some of those things for what little they get out.

Old 06-22-2003 | 01:56 AM
I have seen most of the episodes, hey its part of the power block. BTW what ever happend to PHR, Cam and Dean, how could you beat a Funny Car driver's perspective on the aftermarket industry? Anywho, Super Tuner TV is a good show, they cater to the more Asian/European space, but they do NOT advocate RICE. They make fun of it every chance they get. Good cars are good cars regardless of where they originate.
Like it or not, most of the younger folks have gone this route, that is why we see cars like the SVT Focus for instance..

Old 06-22-2003 | 02:57 AM
Even if its catered to the young import crowd. They could have found better guys to host it. I think they are idiots. The showed pissed me off so much the first time i saw it, it has been banned from my television.

Old 06-22-2003 | 03:01 AM
Re: Super 2Ner TV Anyone?

Originally posted by sporkdevil

Anyways, anyone else see this? Comments on Celicas? Anyone raced a Celica? (in your wife's minivan, not the Lightning. Well, like it matters, they both would burn them Celicas)
I drove a rental Celica once. Beat the living ***** out of it. It was just a plain jane GT though, not the GTS which is pretty peppy for a 4 cyl. Anyhoo, the GT was slow but liked to rev in the upward ranges like most imports do. It handled pretty tightly even though I despise FWD. I did like the interior albeit it had chinzy chrome/metal trim everywhere.

Old 06-22-2003 | 03:58 AM
Banned
I actually saw it this morning. They show it on the left coast in the mid mornings. Whats funny, is ive seen those two celica clowns at that track several times. We usually bring 10 or so truck with us when we would race there.

I dunno if Black01 was there last dec when we saw the dude with the infinity with a 50 shot of juice, intake, header, 5 speed, fart pipe and i got him to show his time slip barely running a 16.9.

BTW. A lot of these guys are squeezing without a chip

Old 06-22-2003 | 06:01 AM
|
I was just wondering if I was the only one with the problem that they were acting like hot shiz-nitch and got 10 minutes of air time when they ran high 16's. Sometimes I just feel like the only sane one.

Old 06-22-2003 | 06:32 AM
Banned AGAIN For Using Our Galleries To Post Inappropriate Material
Originally posted by Flying ****
I actually saw it this morning. They show it on the left coast in the mid mornings. Whats funny, is ive seen those two celica clowns at that track several times. We usually bring 10 or so truck with us when we would race there.

I dunno if Black01 was there last dec when we saw the dude with the infinity with a 50 shot of juice, intake, header, 5 speed, fart pipe and i got him to show his time slip barely running a 16.9.

BTW. A lot of these guys are squeezing without a chip
****, you know I don't make meetings...too much of a damn flake!!!! Or wait, was I there in Dec??? Hmmm... anywho.. it's almost 4 am... and I'm still up trying to figure out Greggs damn thread!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to get back to racing soon.

Old 06-22-2003 | 08:15 AM
I would like to take Ann's little headlights and rear bumper for a ride.

Old 06-22-2003 | 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
I would like to take Ann's little headlights and rear bumper for a ride.
Opps she is on Hi rev tuners, not Super 2nrtv.

I would still like to take her for a ride

Old 06-22-2003 | 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Don's Bolt

WROOM-WROOM

Quick Reply: Super 2Ner TV Anyone?