Lightning

Raced a twin turbo supra today!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003 | 04:41 AM
Single turbo Supras usually don't run in the 12s.

BPU Supras yes, singles, not for the most part.

There may be the occasional guy who just finishes the single + fuel swap and wants to take it to the track. It's not surprising there's no traction when you're putting down over 700hp/700tq on 19" street tires.

6-speeds generally have the most problem getting off the line. You either have to have a slippable clutch that can take XXX hp, or drop the clutch and rely on your tires...pretty much the same problem any high HP manual car has.

Also the red Supra linked about doesn't look to be too heavily modded going by the posted 1/4 times.

I've gone 12.0@121 @ a DA of 2400' in my stock turboed BPU 6-speed.

Anything can happen on the street, and that's exactly what happened in the first post.

My stock L has run a best of 14.1@97 (on 20s) and I pulled on a TT Supra on the street as well.

Almost forgot...good kill and can't wait to see the video

Old 06-26-2003 | 04:54 AM
Well what's up guys, i'm the guy Leo raced. My car is a 1993.5 TT auto. It's got exhaust, downpipe, boost controller, bcc, bov, FMIC and intake. I've got a bad boost leak though and was only running 12-13 psi. On 16 psi on pump gas it's gone 12.5 at 115 mph. I have a 3800 stall going in within a week, and i'll gladly run any L's from a stop then!! Also coming soon is the single upgrade/built tranny. 10's here I come...

Take it easy guys!

Matt

Quick Reply: Raced a twin turbo supra today!