Lightning

Ford is out of control

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003 | 03:27 PM
|
DING DING DING
dealerjim you win the prize! The headers ARE still attched to the exhaust and the Ford rep is a cry baby A-hole.

Jerry

Old 06-27-2003 | 03:39 PM
|
Just got off the phone with the dealership. All this crap is not coming from the FSE Wess guy. This is coming down from on high through him. He is NOT the bad guy. As soon as he saw the cylinder he knew the chip did not cause the failure. Someone high up at Ford is making the call. No doubt some bean counter!

Jerry

Old 06-27-2003 | 03:47 PM
Still seems like BS to me. The headers are already there and the computer can be put back to stock by just taking out the chip and resetting it. It amazes me how these corporate idiots think.

Old 06-27-2003 | 04:03 PM
|
It's all about customer service! Ford does not know what that is anymore. Lets not forget, if my motor had been put together right we would not be having the conversation!

Jerry

Old 06-27-2003 | 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Jordan
SVTLightning02, what are you saying? It's my fault I got a motor that was assembled with parts left out? I guess I should be happy about this? I had a 99 L for three years. I was a member here almost the whole time. Go back and see how many negative post I had about it! Good luck with your 6lb lower.

Jerry
Just saying every time you have something to say its usually complaining about something. Given with what has happened to you, you do have your right to bitch but a persons bitching rights only go so far. Maybe im all alone here but its getting old.

Old 06-27-2003 | 05:35 PM
The returning it to stock is a "CYA" piece. Beside the fact that we live in a litigeous (sp?) society, rather then quibble over the wording of the warranty or the "risk" that your "aftermarket" parts might break something (they are not "certified" to install your aftermarket parts, nor have they "certified" your aftermarket parts) they want it delivered to you the way they have "certified" the truck.

They "know" their pieces "work" together by themselves, introducing someone elses parts would introduce a risk to them that they didn't design.

Its stupid when taken to this extreme, but I do see why their saying that.

How come your dealer won't just sign off that "yeah it was stock" and then turn the keys over to you and you just "reinstalled" the parts, I don't know.

Dan

Old 06-28-2003 | 10:05 AM
Hey Jerry i really do feel your pain on the mods you may have to re-install. I understand it was not your fault and you really did get a bad engine etc.

I had just gotten back from the drags when i read your post. There were some other L/Mustang owners there and a lot of talk about "uninstalling parts/chip/extra pcm etc.." So what the guys are saying is, "hey its not my fault it blew up" They will just uninstall the parts and "beat the system"

Well, the way i look at it is if you modify the truck, then you take the chance of blowing the engine, or at the least voiding the warranty. Be a grown up about it. Pay for it. Otherwise dont modify the truck.

Sorry for the "bashing", You obviously dont fit into this group, but sh#@ man i am a FORD fan. This is a Lightning site! Maybye this m4 or z4 or whatever it is is a great car or truck or whatever,but sh#@ you are talking to a bunch of Ford fans.

Anyway it looks like you will have to reinstall the headers etc later. My advice to you is to wait a while. Drive the truck and make sure its put back right before you modify it. Who knows this engine may be bad too, then you may run into the same problems all over again.

good luck whatever you do.

Old 06-29-2003 | 02:54 PM
IMHO the pawn is correct

in his asssessment. While I understand and sympathize with your frustration, "don't cut off your nose to spite your face"! See if you can get the installer to install your parts for a "little extra' from you. If not, take it stock. You should be able to pull chip, then reset PCM. If they make you buy a new PCM, use original for a reflash program and new one stock. You want that warranty on your new motor! "If given lemons, make lemonade"!

Quick Reply: Ford is out of control