Lightning

Ford is out of control

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003 | 06:07 PM
|
Angry Ford is out of control

The replacement motor for my 03 is in and Ford is telling the dealer they MUST take the truck back to stock before it leaves the dealership! No headers or e-fan! Can you believe this *****? My truck motor fails because of their poor assembly job (No wrist pin clips) and they want to screw with me. Because of THEIR screw-up the numbers will not match on my truck anymore. If something is not done Ford will lose the performance market. There must be a way we could get a Ford big-wig's ear to talk about this kind of treatment. I would like to keep driving a Lightning for a long time! A better flowing exhaust is not acceptable? Do they not realize I have the ability to re-install all the stock parts before I bring the truck in for service? What does this accomplish? They are acting like a junior high girl that is proven wrong and starts treating you like ***** as if YOU did something wrong! There are a few of you that would buy a Ford if they took a ***** in your morning coffee but I think this is the last straw for me. Some of you say the other manufactors are doing the same thing......well you may be right but I could not be treated any worse by anyone else so what do I have to lose? I think I'll trade it in on a Z4.

Jerry

Old 06-26-2003 | 06:10 PM
I got first dibs on all your aftermarket parts Ill uninstall the aftermarket ones and replace with stock ones for you

Last edited by MadNess; 06-27-2003 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-26-2003 | 06:12 PM
I'll take your LTs if you dont want them.
I'll pay for the labor and shipping to get them to me too!

Old 06-26-2003 | 06:13 PM
That sucks!

You said that the Dealership was on your side. Maybe take the tech or whoever is installing your new motor to a nice dinner and have him note in your warranty work that it was back to stock when the new motor was put in. No one should ever know the difference. If you don't like dinner, hook'em up with something else. I really don't think a Ford rep is gonna come out and look at the completed work before they give it back to you.

Just my .02

Old 06-26-2003 | 06:16 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Angry repercussions

The truck must me taken back to stock or.....

Old 06-26-2003 | 06:17 PM
That's some serious BS, Jerry. You should go over to flatratetech.com and see what those guys have to say. If you've never been there, it's essentially a site where Ford techs and customers share their experiences and knowledge regarding Fomoco. BTW, if you do trade your truck in, I'd be interested in your suspension mods. But I sure hope it doesn't come to that.

Good luck,
Edward

Old 06-26-2003 | 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear.

they try and get you any way they can.

One small note. I do not think there is matching #s on motors anymore. Not positive , but pretty sure.

VINNIE

Old 06-26-2003 | 07:43 PM
Alot of people talk to me about new car purchase's. With my experiences with Ford and other's here on the boards I've swayed them into other options and away from Fomoco vehicles. It seems Ford has forgotten who the customer is. They've taken the view of "you have a L or Cobra, therefore your mods, if any , have caused this warranty claim and we are cancelling it" attitude that it seems as if it is just not worth the hassle of purchasing a vehicle from them anymore.
For those of us that are indeed stock it makes a trip to the dealer a blood preesure raising experience out of what is an unpleasant experience anyway.
How many other companies are run with a "the customer is always wrong" or "Fight it we have lawyers on retainer anyway" attitude?

On a side note:
What happend to "we will sell all the parts to the Cobra R so any Ford customer can buy the parts to build their own Cobra R" too?
Good luck buying the heads, intake, valve springs................
Ford was supposed to help speed-up the development of the mod motor for the aftermarket, they've only helped in slowing it down.

Old 06-26-2003 | 07:46 PM
Jerry,

Like I've been saying all alone,
It is essential you get your L out of Fords hands ASAP
I would say (even know it's B/S) do what ever it takes to get your truck back, even if it means back to stock.
As much as I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH FORD You can understand their reason for asking this. They could have shoved it up your a$$ like everyone else and just voided the wrrnty DUE TO THE MODS, even know we all know it WAS a factory **** Up.

You modded it once and you can Mod it again,
GET YOUR TRUCK OUT OF THEIR HANDS QUICKLY
NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES

Originally posted by Edward
You should go over to flatratetech.com and see what those guys have to say. If you've never been there, it's essentially a site where Ford techs and customers share their experiences and knowledge regarding Fomoco.
Edward

Your telling me there's a place I can go and tell Ford how ****ed up they are, and curse and scream at them all day
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooo
I'm There

Old 06-26-2003 | 09:18 PM
|
I called them back this afternoon and told them I WAS NOT going to let them remove any aftermarket parts from my truck. I told them to install the new motor and I will take it without a warranty. I'm not paying for a new PCM either. I hope this is not another factory defective motor. Do you really think that even if I removed the headers and E-fan, that if I got another piece of ***** from the factory that they would not try to get out of paying? Do you think after all this they would ever buy me another motor (no matter if it had wrist pin clips or loose main bearing caps)? I'll take my chances! The Field Service Engineer that came out and looked at my truck is a complete idiot! His name is Wes (I will get his last name after I get my truck back). This A-Hole said the chip melted the side of the piston (yeah and did not melt the top of the piston or deposit any alum. on the spark plug). You all saw the pics, how do you think he came to this conclusion? This guy is an engineer! This is the guy telling the dealership to take the truck back to stock. And they take offence when we say we know more about these truck than they do. I just want them to install the new motor.....if I get lucky and they were able to build one right, I will never ask for a warranty repair again. I must say again, the guy's at the dealership (Leif Johnson Ford in Austin) have fought for me every step of the way (and they should have because they will ultimately lose business if Ford keeps this crap up). If it was not for them I'm sure Ford would have wiped their a$$ on me! I'm sorry but this is just wrong. Hell, it makes no difference if I was running a 500 HP shot..... that will not make the wrist pin clips disappear!

Jerry

Old 06-26-2003 | 09:22 PM
If they remove the aftermarket parts and give them back to you? If so i would let them and then just install them again and keep your warrenty.

Old 06-26-2003 | 09:22 PM
So you're paying for the engine installation yourself because you don't want them to remove your longtubes and efan? Just trying to get the straight story here....

Old 06-26-2003 | 09:27 PM
|
No I will NOT pay for the install. I will not pay for a new PCM and I will not let them remove the aftermarket parts. So I assume I will have no warranty when I pick the truck up. I WILL pay the tech the difference for the extra time it takes him to hook up the headers.

Jerry

Old 06-26-2003 | 09:32 PM
hmmmm jerry seems like the glass is always half empty for you

Old 06-26-2003 | 09:44 PM
|
SVTLightning02, what are you saying? It's my fault I got a motor that was assembled with parts left out? I guess I should be happy about this? I had a 99 L for three years. I was a member here almost the whole time. Go back and see how many negative post I had about it! Good luck with your 6lb lower.

Jerry

Quick Reply: Ford is out of control