Lightning

Ses Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ses Light

My service engine soon light keeps coming on since I have installed a K&N drop in filter. It is reading that it is lean when you pull the code. I can reset it, clean the MAF (guessing it is the oil from the K&N since it never happened before) and it is fine for around 200 miles or so then it is back on. What gives, is it the K&N like I suspect? I am about fed up with it, and wish I just bought a paper filter till I can buy a new intake when I buy all my performance parts at once.

Old 06-27-2003, 06:59 PM
Re: Ses Light

Originally posted by therealgeronimo
My service engine soon light keeps coming on since I have installed a K&N drop in filter. It is reading that it is lean when you pull the code. I can reset it, clean the MAF (guessing it is the oil from the K&N since it never happened before) and it is fine for around 200 miles or so then it is back on. What gives, is it the K&N like I suspect? I am about fed up with it, and wish I just bought a paper filter till I can buy a new intake when I buy all my performance parts at once.
I doubt that the filter has anything to do with it. I have installed 3 different kn cone filters and this has never happened.

Old 06-27-2003, 07:02 PM
Shouldn't be the K&N at all. Did you clamp the lid back down tight and everything? Didn't mess with the IAT sensor did you?

Old 06-28-2003, 11:12 AM
I didn't mess with any sensors, the code that it is showing is "P0171 - Drivers side bank to lean" How do I go about trouble shooting? I have a 2lb upper, some head work, and Bassani short tube headers. I think it is still on the stock ecu; could that be the problem? I went to the track last Thursday and ran an 8.80 in the 8th with 2.0 60', two weeks before around same temp and humidity, ran 8.80 with 2.6 60', So I think I have a bad sensor and it is causing it to think it is lean, and add extra fuel, but in reality it is only making it richer because it never really was lean.

Old 06-29-2003, 04:05 PM
ttt

Quick Reply: Ses Light