Lightning

FTVB installed, Impressive!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTVB installed, Impressive!

Just installed my FTVB last weekend, it's been raining so I haven't been able to try it till today. All I have to say is WOW! Install was a piece of cake (let things drain for a couple of hours so I had minimal mess) and I love my new B&M pan. Shifts are much improved and I love the hard 1-2 shift. Now all I have to do is order a 4# pulley, some new plugs, and have my chip reburned by JL and I am set. Thanks Gregg for the awesome instructions and top quality part. This is the most fun mod I have so far, and it was easy to install.

Last edited by 72smitty; 06-28-2003 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-28-2003, 07:01 PM
I have to agree Smitty, Gregg is the man. Did I mention my new low price on the kit?

New LOW price

Tim@Chikenears

Old 06-28-2003, 07:54 PM
I LOVE my FTVB! It was the FIRST mod I made to the truck.

Old 06-28-2003, 11:24 PM
Talking I couldn't agree more

Originally posted by LightningTruck
I LOVE my FTVB! It was the FIRST mod I made to the truck.

Nuff said

Old 06-29-2003, 12:01 AM
Re: FTVB installed, Impressive!

Originally posted by 72smitty
Just installed my FTVB last weekend, it's been raining so I haven't been able to try it till today. All I have to say is WOW! Install was a piece of cake (let things drain for a couple of hours so I had minimal mess) and I love my new B&M pan. Shifts are much improved and I love the hard 1-2 shift. Now all I have to do is order a 4# pulley, some new plugs, and have my chip reburned by JL and I am set. Thanks Gregg for the awesome instructions and top quality part. This is the most fun mod I have so far, and it was easy to install.
When you get that #4 be ready for some tire barking from 1~2 and even 2~3

I would highly recomended you look into some good traction bars so you don't break any driveshafts.

Old 06-29-2003, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the advice C Brown. I have been looking at them, just don't know which ones I am going to go with. I am already starting to get a little wheel hop and have been told this will remedy that. I'm sure with the 4#er that I will need them. Thanks.

Old 06-29-2003, 02:26 AM
Seems like an awesome kit. I will be getting one soon. How hard is the install. I am not a mechanic. is it easily done???

Vinny

Old 06-29-2003, 10:22 AM
I started out with Lakewood's, they worked great on a stock/first few mods I did. Then I wanted a lowered ride, and more power and the combo just didn't work. Mostly the lowered part. I now have JL "lift bars", and really really like them. The only place they have been a problem is getting in my own drive way(due to a large "hump" at the entrance which I am working on fixing. Basically all the "Rancho Style" bars are the same; just pick the ones you like. I went with JL bars due to the color and price

Quick Reply: FTVB installed, Impressive!