Lightning

Leaving Lightning Community

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaving Lightning Community

Well, i'm leaving the lightning community to join the Dodge Boys. I sold my lightning so i can get the "Bad ***" SRT10 once it comes out in August, i have been talking to an inside source at the local Dodge dealer assuring me they will be getting one in August which if everything goes as planned, will be mine. Can't wait to meet some you guys on the street, well in my rear view mirror more like it!

Old 06-28-2003, 07:10 PM
You have no idea how much I look forward to meeting you!!!

Old 06-28-2003, 07:17 PM
hahah....good luck and I wish you well in your new found "dodge" community. As for you seeing Lightnings in your rearview mirror.........wake up from your dream, cause that's all it will be.

Old 06-28-2003, 07:41 PM
being a member of the highly modified Dodge V-10 club, made me appreciate how much we have here when it comes to mods, tuners, communication, etc. the other side of the fence is very expensive and lonely when it comes free advice or free anything.
i've also had a deposit on an SRT10 for almost 2years now, and unless you have a viper in your garage, any "original" viper owner will be able to buy the "showroom" models from any dealership at msrp, before you and i are allowed to buy them at dealer inflated prices. my dealer is also a SVT dealer, and is pretty much up to snuff on whats going on with the truck, and still cannot verify what the final specs or looks are going to be like. my deposit is to be returned if the msrp exceeds 50K (remember this was 2-years ago, when it was stated, it would be price competitive with the Lightning). my dealer said there is now a 99.9% chance my deposit would be returned.

Old 06-28-2003, 07:46 PM
Banned
Dodge is all hype. You will be trading that slug in for a Gen3 L...

Besides, its quite expected a SRT10 or SRT500, what ever they be calling it these days, will have a hard enough time competing with a stock gen 2.

Goodbye and i wish you well in Dodgeville...

Old 06-28-2003, 08:51 PM
it has been proven that a stock L will beat the stock SRT10, just sucks that you'll be paying that much money for a slower truck

Old 06-28-2003, 08:59 PM
when was this proven??? I heard a variety of numbers for a stock srt10 and didnt know they even released performance numbers. The slowest one i have heard for the new dodge is 13.8 and the fastest was mid 12s so i am wondering if anyone has any sound info. All i have heard was speculation.

Vinny

Old 06-28-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by litnfast
You have no idea how much I look forward to meeting you!!!
I hear that.......

Old 06-28-2003, 10:19 PM
'01's wife here.

I frequent many Dodge boards (as well as everything else also). The earliest I have seen for release is the end of the year. There have been snippets of information here and there pointing to problems getting the T-56 transmission to hold up in the truck.

Also, it is almost a positive that it will have no, or very little towing capacity.

Basically, your dealer is talking out his a*s. He doesn't have a clue, so he is stringing you......... and your money......... along. Don't feel bad, it happens all the time with all manufacturers (Chevy dealers tell their customer the SS will smoke a Lightning ).

The reason I think you will not see very good times for the SRT-10 is because of that manual trans. You will see Viper times ranging from 11.7 in the quarter to 12.9 because of the manual trans (this is from automotive journalists who are used to driving sticks). I cannot image trying to launch a light assed 5000lb truck with 500lbs of torque with a manual.............. give me a good ol automatic any day. Of course, I don't know if Dodge even has an auto trans that could hold up behind that engine.

I wish you the best with your $50K+ super truck. You might be better off waiting for the G3 though. On one of the Chevy boards, a gentleman works for a company who is doing the brakes for both the SRT and the G3. The owner has driven both. He says the L will absolutally blow the SRT away. Don't bash on me......... I am only relating what I have read.

Old 06-28-2003, 10:27 PM
01's wife......

I need a wife or girlfriend like you. Your husband is a lucky man to have a wife that knows what she is talking about in cars. I have yet to find a girl that has a clue. As for the dodge, i think owners will be let down. I will stick with the lightning.

Vinny

Old 06-28-2003, 10:39 PM
I have been told more than once by Ford that they are waiting on Dodge and Dodge seems to be waiting on Ford to see who will blink first in the truck "wars". Both want to see what the other is going to put into production so who knows when the Dodge will really land on dealers lots.

Old 06-28-2003, 11:05 PM
HaHaHaHa, sorry guys i just had to do that to let my roomate see this thread. THere is no way in hell i would sell my lightning for a dodge truck, i used to have an SST and regardless of a viper motor or not, a dodge is a dodge and doesn't compare to a Ford. besides i can't wait to see an SRT on the road, to show it up. Its just that my roomate is talking up all this hype because he plans on forking out the $50K plus to be embarrassed by my lightning. That's why i love this forum, the honest truth is always told.

Old 06-28-2003, 11:18 PM
Re: Leaving Lightning Community

Originally posted by SmokinSVT
Can't wait to meet some you guys on the street, well in my rear view mirror more like it!
Ill be in your rear view mirror ,that is untill i get traction.

Old 06-29-2003, 12:00 AM
my uncle said the same thing about his dakota r/t but we all no how they turned out

Old 06-29-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by blown318
I hear that.......
Ditto. Or something.

Quick Reply: Leaving Lightning Community