Lightning

anyone see the gas comercial with the Lightning in it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003 | 04:55 AM
|
has anyone else seen it or do you all think im crazy still?

Old 07-06-2003 | 10:18 PM
I JUST SAW IT! Was watching Fox news...and it popped up! BP commercial haha... funny

Old 07-07-2003 | 12:46 AM
|
Originally posted by wildneg
I JUST SAW IT! Was watching Fox news...and it popped up! BP commercial haha... funny
AWSOME!

Old 07-07-2003 | 01:42 AM
You're not imagining anything...That was me !!! I went to a BP station in my 2001 Silver L last December in Orlando and I noticed a bunch cars there except at one pump. I pulled up there and noticed that they had several new structures with that black glass that they use for security cameras. I knew something was up right away because I always go to that station and those things were never there before. When I got out this guy started talking over the intercom and asked me all sorts of questions. I actually talked to him for several minutes while I was filling up, so they didn't air but 2% of the entire shooting. He asked me what SVT stood for.... what grade of gas I was getting (that's where the whole pinging thing came in)... "how fast that thing could go"(i told him 142)... whether I was German or not and they didn't air my response to that because he got a smartass reply to that question. Cool thing was as I was about to pull away a guy ran up to me with BP logos everywhere on his clothes and told me to come around to the back of the store. There was a crap load of people sitting behind the store staring at TV screens watching the pump I was just at. They gave me $50 that day for doing the commerical and another $500 just about 7 weeks ago.

For those of you who have seen the commerical, where do you guys live and when are they airing it? They sent me a crude version of what might air, but I haven't even seen the commerical on TV myself.

Old 07-07-2003 | 02:01 AM
I just saw the guy on the other website say it was his L and he's full of it... If i had the electronics to transfer from VHS (what BP sent me) to the computer I would send you guys the video they sent me. Anyways, I thought it was pretty cool to have a L in a commerical!!! Now, if only Ford could do a really cool commerical with the L and cobra running across the desert or something... now that would kick A$$!!!

Old 07-07-2003 | 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Viper8
You're not imagining anything...That was me !!! I went to a BP station in my 2001 Silver L last December in Orlando and I noticed a bunch cars there except at one pump. I pulled up there and noticed that they had several new structures with that black glass that they use for security cameras. I knew something was up right away because I always go to that station and those things were never there before. When I got out this guy started talking over the intercom and asked me all sorts of questions. I actually talked to him for several minutes while I was filling up, so they didn't air but 2% of the entire shooting. He asked me what SVT stood for.... what grade of gas I was getting (that's where the whole pinging thing came in)... "how fast that thing could go"(i told him 142)... whether I was German or not and they didn't air my response to that because he got a smartass reply to that question. Cool thing was as I was about to pull away a guy ran up to me with BP logos everywhere on his clothes and told me to come around to the back of the store. There was a crap load of people sitting behind the store staring at TV screens watching the pump I was just at. They gave me $50 that day for doing the commerical and another $500 just about 7 weeks ago.

For those of you who have seen the commerical, where do you guys live and when are they airing it? They sent me a crude version of what might air, but I haven't even seen the commerical on TV myself.
I am kicking myself for not pulling into that gas station before you that day.

Awesome that they chose you though!

Old 07-07-2003 | 05:35 AM
Viper8:

Chicago area. It was about 9:25ish PM during a commercial of Fox 32's News.

Old 07-07-2003 | 01:02 PM
cool. I'll keep my eye out and see if i can see it for myself.

Old 07-07-2003 | 04:15 PM
|
again awsome commercial. it's nice to talk to the guy with the truck. i didnt know they filmed ya then told ya you were being filmed. that's wierd. but I guess that's a more natural way to do it. so ya got $550 for it and your truck is on tv... not a bad deal. i just thought they'd tell you about the lines and have it more scripted. then you come there or they use your truck and someone else does the lines... ya know? but sounds like a cool story. I saw it on channel 7 i think it was abc here in Illinois. there are a lot of bp's around here. thanks, Shane

Old 07-07-2003 | 07:36 PM
ya, I got a pretty good deal out of it. I hope I get to see it soon because I've been waiting 8 months for this thing to air. Thanks for the compliments. Take it easy.

Old 07-07-2003 | 07:50 PM
I just saw it today around 430pm also on ABC, I too am in Chicagoland. I did a double take when I saw the SVT emblem on the tailgate, otherwise I would've surfed and missed it. Very cool.

Old 07-07-2003 | 08:13 PM
|
Originally posted by NO CHANCE
I just saw it today around 430pm also on ABC, I too am in Chicagoland. I did a double take when I saw the SVT emblem on the tailgate, otherwise I would've surfed and missed it. Very cool.
ditto on the double take... then when I heard about pinging if he didnt use ultimate i almost passed out. I know it's JUST a commercial, but i thought it was so cool! Viper8 where do ya live what state? no chance, you ever go to the track? i go to rt 66 in joliet if you ever wanna go let me know. Shane

Old 07-07-2003 | 08:28 PM
I live in Orlando. I go to the track every now and then, but my truck is stock except for a Flex-A-Lite 270 fan so I'm not that fast. I'm dying here because I want to mod it, but I have an extended warranty that I paid for ~$1500. I have 35,660 on my truck now and I'm debating wether or not to mod it or just keep the warranty. I've been watching TV like a mad man for the past day or two to see the commerical but I keep missing it. Anyways... has there ever been a commerical made by Ford or any other commerical that had a lightning in it? The only SVT vehicle I've ever seen on TV was the SVT focus for some special sales event Ford had a little while ago.

Old 07-07-2003 | 08:32 PM
There was one by Ford that had a ton of F150s in it and you could notice one of the tails was a Lightning. I spotted it a couple of months ago and people confirmed this.

Hell, I'd drive across the desert and do drifts for free if only Ford would film it.

Old 07-07-2003 | 08:34 PM
|
do you go to bp alot? or is there not one in your area? just trying to see why we are seeing it and you arent. I only saw the ending half of it, so I guess timing is everything. what happened b4 you talked about pinging and ultimate gas, anything?
I am going to be looking out for it again to, if I can record it and it comes out clear on tape, I will send it out to you. I'll let you know, Shane

Quick Reply: anyone see the gas comercial with the Lightning in it?