NASA?

Jerry

Old 07-03-2003, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jerry Jordan
jarmstro,

NASA?

Jerry
No... U.S. Navy many many years ago. Operated ships steam propelled turbo generators that powered the ship. We required at least 20 inches of vacuum 15 sometimes got you by on the generators. Some things you don't forget others you wish you could forget.

Long story.... but suffice to say you didn't want to lose power.

I'm a computer geek for the last 35 years. Yes they had computers that far back sorta. Stated off on a IBM 402 collating machine all hard wired. Punched cards had round holes back then, for those of you of who remember punched cards.

I'm a Programmer / Server Administrator.

Last edited by jarmstro; 07-04-2003 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:04 AM
jarmstro
...ya haha 3 lbs would hurt... I always have boost on my mind! 3 inches of vacumn.

Steve

Old 07-04-2003, 12:26 AM
Jamstro....Thumbs up bud!!!! I'm on a steam plant now! USNS Comfort!

Old 07-04-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by whip
Jamstro....Thumbs up bud!!!! I'm on a steam plant now! USNS Comfort!

Old 08-03-2003, 08:53 PM
Thumbs up

I got the brakes working better, but there still not as good as with the stock blower.

It turns out most of the problem was with the adaptor plate between the blower and the upper intale plenum. For some reason it didn't seal right and there was a vacuum leak.

I got a new adaptor plate from Kenne Bell. I removed the old plate cleaned it all up, put a thin layer of Ultra Black silicone where the plate mounts to the blower. I then let it dry for a hour or so, and then put the new plate back on and reinstalled the upper plenum.

Now the brakes are working much better, but not as good as when I was running the eaton. At least I should be able to hold it at 2000 - 2300 rpms at the starting line, but I am still looking into some kind of vacuum canister to store more vacuum. I think the combo of cams and a bigger blower is hurting my vacuum.

Old 08-04-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
I got the brakes working better, but there still not as good as with the stock blower.

It turns out most of the problem was with the adaptor plate between the blower and the upper intale plenum. For some reason it didn't seal right and there was a vacuum leak.

I got a new adaptor plate from Kenne Bell. I removed the old plate cleaned it all up, put a thin layer of Ultra Black silicone where the plate mounts to the blower. I then let it dry for a hour or so, and then put the new plate back on and reinstalled the upper plenum.

Now the brakes are working much better, but not as good as when I was running the eaton. At least I should be able to hold it at 2000 - 2300 rpms at the starting line, but I am still looking into some kind of vacuum canister to store more vacuum. I think the combo of cams and a bigger blower is hurting my vacuum.
Don, when installing mine I noticed the two front points had a few thousands space between them when the back end was seated flush. I put some rocker shims between the two front points to even it up. My vacuum at idle is about 17.5 and on deceleration it goes past 20, normal cruise it's 10-13. I have not noticed any brake problems but then again I am using stock cams. I've had race cams before and the brakes where bad and the tranny vb would not shift right and had to go to a manual vb.
JE

Old 08-05-2003, 01:06 AM
Re: Brake question with Kenne Bell Blower??

Originally posted by Don's Bolt
I talked to a few other members who have the Kenne Bell supercharger on their truck. I found I am not the only one whos brakes don't work as well with the new bigger blower.

I was wondering if anyone has done anything to improve the performance of the brakes with the KB blower??

I have a feeling since the KB flows so much air, it is robbing vacuum from the brake system. Maybee we can rig up some kind of vacuum canister to store vacuum to help the braking performance.

Thanks
Don
Thats definately a cam problem, I have same problem....I tried a vacume canister and it didnt do S&%^....I think the right way of doing it is with an electric vacume pump......

Old 08-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Re: Re: Brake question with Kenne Bell Blower??

Originally posted by promodlightning
Thats definately a cam problem, I have same problem....I tried a vacume canister and it didnt do S&%^....I think the right way of doing it is with an electric vacume pump......
I just ordered this, I bet it will solve my problem $250.00 from http://www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com/...s/Accessories/

Old 08-05-2003, 09:40 AM
In my searching for vacuum pumps I also found one of these

http://www.penisdepot.com/frame_premiummegavac.html

I can't wait till it arives.

Quick Reply: Brake question with Kenne Bell Blower??