Lightning

Why do Ricers do it? vs the L

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003 | 04:24 AM
|
Why do Ricers do it? vs the L

I dont understand why they want to street race. I'm at a light and hear this 3" coffee can winding up I'm thinking this has got to end now! I roll out of the light about 50% and hear this POS going for it! I give it 100% by the time I hit 60mph I had 6 car lenths on him. What's was the point? I really dont need to prove anything and for it being a kill? No, more like he want to see the L go.

Old 07-10-2003 | 04:40 AM
a friend of mine has a litlle prelude with exhaust. we were going somewhere and came up to a stop sign with a long straight away in front of it. he straight up said to me - "i know youll murder me but i just want to see the truck go"

Old 07-10-2003 | 05:18 AM
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
Some people are Just born Stunned. After they get a sh*t kicking in there Coffee Cans enough times maybe they will trade up to a used Lightning.

Old 07-10-2003 | 06:38 AM
It like beer muscles
or something ?

These kids and their 4-6 cyl's would have never
even thought about it if it wasn't for TV.
Now they think they got some kind of performance car
or something ?
They really make it hard for the people that truly have
7-11 second imports

I actually took a u-turn last night to double take on one,
it was a lowered with custom multi color paint, bla bla bla,
and a frukking 6" exhuast pipe "YES SIX INCH" I only know that because what made me cut the u-turn was it was a piece of Flu-Pipe that you use to vent boilers in our houses (I sell it at work)

Old 07-10-2003 | 07:00 AM
Most think that just by putting a muffler(not even a full system), and lowering it they can take anyone. Oh yeah, and big tach too. I don't even waist my gas on them

Old 07-10-2003 | 10:18 AM
As Mr Rayford said earlier this week on the Johnboy and Billy show,

"When your the monky at the top of the pole, The other monkeys are looking at your azz and always trying to slap at it."

WOT

Old 07-10-2003 | 10:21 AM
Rice make a good snack....or something

Old 07-10-2003 | 10:31 AM
When I first got the Lightning, I was cruishing around in Savannah late one evening and heard what sounded like a coffee can import reving behind me. Without looking I gunned it with the same frustration as you all mention above. Then I looked and a nice blue viper passed me with a wave. I flashed my lights and waved back before I turned off. I was shocked and a lot glad I didn't mess with him.

Old 07-10-2003 | 10:40 AM
there's a ricer near me that i just happened to run into all the time at the same gas station. he'll drive up, rev his car to redline, and wait a minute or so till it drops all the way back down to idle. the one time i was there and saw him i revved back rear hard. it was hilarious because he knew i'd slaughter him. the majority of the time they want to race you just to see you fly past them.

i came up on a maxima one time and the passenger was literally hailing me! lol then he pointed forward so i smiled, nailed it, and left him in the background. apparently that pissed off the driver because the passenger was admiring my L. hehe well he tried to run past me by hiding behind the traffic and getting a running start. didn't work. i held him behind me until i got off. moron! hehehe

Old 07-10-2003 | 11:19 AM
Originally posted by E-LO
Most think that just by putting a muffler(not even a full system), and lowering it they can take anyone. Oh yeah, and big tach too. I don't even waist my gas on them
Don't forget that the big erector set wing on the back adds at least 30 HP and drops 0.5 sec of their quarter mile. You need a wing when you can only go 45mph, right?

Old 07-10-2003 | 11:33 AM
Re: Why do Ricers do it? vs the L

Originally posted by Certified Drunk
...I give it 100% by the time I hit 60mph I had 6 car lenths on him. What's was the point?...
If it bothers you why waste your gas on them, risk getting a ticket and giving them an excuse to drive like an @ss doing the *I just got really spanked flyby*.

Old 07-10-2003 | 11:34 AM
nothing more funny than front wheel drive car with a big a$$ wing on the back

Old 07-10-2003 | 11:36 AM
you mean even after you beat him, ya didnt get the, "RICER - FLY - BY!?!?!?!"

Damn ricers...

Old 07-10-2003 | 11:36 AM
Haven't you noticed? The only cars with the big erector set wings are front wheel drive. Not sure how that really works, but I guess I should try it out on my beater contour. Might help me fit in at work too.

Old 07-10-2003 | 12:37 PM
I like my rice with cream gravy my mom makes without thinking,using a few things and little time

Quick Reply: Why do Ricers do it? vs the L