Lightning

Looking for A/F Data

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003 | 08:04 PM
Re: Re: Re: WHAT WAS YOUR RWHP???

Originally posted by Hilander
These figures are a little low, but some trucks respond much better than others to mods. Yours would probably pick up more than most
Thats encouraging, lets hope your right.

I plan on getting a chip, was gonna get one yesterday if they had someone to burn it at the dyno, but the tuner wasnt there.

I guess I'll just get a mail order chip. I need to do some more research on it before I do it to decide which one I get and what my future mods are going to be.

Old 07-13-2003 | 08:43 PM
I agree with what others have said, Not only are you guyes A/F ratios whacked but your HP readings are also whacked. I didnt read it but was this a tail pipe sniffer ? I wonder how long it had been since the tip was changed. As for the low readings, Sharpshooter are these corrected or actual numbers ? The only way those numbers make sense are if they were actual, meaning the dyno wasnt taking you altitude or heat into consideration.

Old 07-13-2003 | 09:15 PM
Originally posted by BuzzzLightyear
I agree with what others have said, Not only are you guyes A/F ratios whacked but your HP readings are also whacked. I didnt read it but was this a tail pipe sniffer ? I wonder how long it had been since the tip was changed. As for the low readings, Sharpshooter are these corrected or actual numbers ? The only way those numbers make sense are if they were actual, meaning the dyno wasnt taking you altitude or heat into consideration.
A/F was done with a tail pipe sniffer, no idea about the tip.

If I'm looking at this chart correctly my #'s are actual, but the correction factor is only 1.03. If the numbers on my chart arent corrected then I multiply them by 1.03, that will give me 334 hp instead of the 324.7. I dont know much about these dynos so I might be wrong.

Old 07-13-2003 | 09:32 PM
Banned
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/Show...ategoryCd=O2KI

FJO KWB0240 Red Display
FJO KWB0241 Green Display

Then hit this link for the $50 rebate which applies to the actual wideband sensor.

All you guys need to do is goto a muffler shop and have them weld in an extra 02 bung. If i could do it all over again, i would have installed it on the passenger side before the cats opposed to the drivers side. Makes snaking the cables a hell of a lot easier.

Youre looking at $1000 when said and done. Divide that between 3 or 4 guys, thats chump change.

Old 07-13-2003 | 10:03 PM
Banned
how would you divide it between 3 or 4 guys?

Old 07-13-2003 | 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Sharpshooter
A/F was done with a tail pipe sniffer, no idea about the tip.

If I'm looking at this chart correctly my #'s are actual, but the correction factor is only 1.03. If the numbers on my chart arent corrected then I multiply them by 1.03, that will give me 334 hp instead of the 324.7. I dont know much about these dynos so I might be wrong.
That makes sense then, I wouldnt be suprised to see another 5-10 rwhp after break in period. My truck with a K&N and 6000 miles pulled 357RWHP. Its my guess the K&N will give you another 10RWHP(Due to increase in boost), that puts you between 349-354(Close enough since Dynos do vary) I would also say that the tip on the 02 sensor was fouled because there is no way you guys trucks should run that rich. A/F ratio is A/F ratio altitiude has nothing to do with it.

Old 07-13-2003 | 10:08 PM
Banned
Originally posted by eatoncharged
how would you divide it between 3 or 4 guys?

You can make it into a mobile setup like i describe earlier. Takes 5 minutes to xfer it vehicle to vehicle.

Old 07-13-2003 | 11:50 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT WAS YOUR RWHP???

Originally posted by Sharpshooter
Thats encouraging, lets hope your right.

I plan on getting a chip, was gonna get one yesterday if they had someone to burn it at the dyno, but the tuner wasnt there.

I guess I'll just get a mail order chip. I need to do some more research on it before I do it to decide which one I get and what my future mods are going to be.
Good luck alot goes into these Dynos so who knows you may have just had a bad couple. The track is here you'll find it

Old 07-13-2003 | 11:53 PM
Banned
hilander are you thinking about getting a wideband

Old 07-14-2003 | 12:17 AM
|
Originally posted by eatoncharged
hilander are you thinking about getting a wideband
Yes, I am considering it.

Old 07-14-2003 | 10:10 AM
Originally posted by cyntaxx
Gator, do you just troll around the boards making stabs at people? I've seen you do a lot of that lately..... Guess the Louisville Hooters isn't cutting it huh?

WTF are you talking about kid., The ONLY person/kid that takes stabs at people is your ***.

Open your eyes-grow up-be a man

Any thing you don't understand? See ya soon, bud.......LOL

Old 07-14-2003 | 10:17 AM
Originally posted by easterisland
I don't use rear O2 sensors. So I blocked one of the stock holes and installed the wideband O2 into the other. So far it has lasted around 11K miles. I have also ran around 40 gallons of leaded gas through the engine.
I have been considering adding another bung to run the wideband. Thanks for that info!

Quick Reply: Looking for A/F Data