Lightning

swapping 00 grille for 01 install help

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003 | 01:55 PM
|
swapping 00 grille for 01 install help

what do I do? To be honest I haven't even looked, but I figured I'd ask before I go to pick it up so that maybe by the time I get back I'll have some answers!!!

Anyone?

-Kimball

Old 07-19-2003 | 02:11 PM
Well its basically easy. On the top grill you have to take of the whole grill shell. First you take of the plastic part inside the hood. you also have to take off the corner lights because there are two screws that you need to take off so the grill can come off.

You are also going to see a plastic on both ends under the top grill you are also going to take those off. The hardest ones are two behind the front of the grill.

The bottom one all you have to do is get under the truck and unscrew the old grill and place and screw the new one on there.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-19-2003 | 02:32 PM
The above post explains it all

Looks lot better than the honeycomb too

Old 07-19-2003 | 03:08 PM
|
Well, looks like this thread is going to turn into a "How-much-I-Wanna-Kick-Everyone-At-Ford-In-Ihe-*****" thread

Left the truck there for the past week while I was out of town to get some final warranty work and some other stuff done. This all included replacing the rear window trim, repainting the top of the cab, painting my 01 grilles, and touching up my shaker. I was to pick up the L today by 5. I go in to get it all happy because I have been driving my dying 89 Bronco for a week, and what do I find???

NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE!!!

Maybe they painted, the top of the cab. I couldn't tell, as the light in the service center was non-existant. But I find my shaker, grilles, and window trim EXACTLY as I had left it.

Another thing, I had just washed the vehicle like the day before I dropped it off and had cleaned my tips. THEY WERE BLACK!! I AM SOO damn mad.

Somebody is getting a fi****ll of boomstick at 9 AM on Monday

-Kimball

Old 07-19-2003 | 09:32 PM
Originally posted by zbornac
Well, looks like this thread is going to turn into a "How-much-I-Wanna-Kick-Everyone-At-Ford-In-Ihe-*****" thread

Left the truck there for the past week while I was out of town to get some final warranty work and some other stuff done. This all included replacing the rear window trim, repainting the top of the cab, painting my 01 grilles, and touching up my shaker. I was to pick up the L today by 5. I go in to get it all happy because I have been driving my dying 89 Bronco for a week, and what do I find???

NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE!!!

Maybe they painted, the top of the cab. I couldn't tell, as the light in the service center was non-existant. But I find my shaker, grilles, and window trim EXACTLY as I had left it.

Another thing, I had just washed the vehicle like the day before I dropped it off and had cleaned my tips. THEY WERE BLACK!! I AM SOO damn mad.

Somebody is getting a fi****ll of boomstick at 9 AM on Monday

-Kimball
Sorry to hear .

Another reason i will NEVER leave my L at FoMoCo.

I paid it off. Now I am going to cancel my extended (7 yr. ,100,000 mile) and tell FoMoCo to Kiss it were the sun don't shine.

Was talking to a guy that works at a dealer and they just LOVE when an L gets left there.

Old 07-19-2003 | 09:57 PM
|
This is the first/last time I leave it at the dealer. Luckily my warranty just ended a couple days ago, so I dont have to put up with the ***** anymore. At least I wont be tempted by the free work to take it to Ford anymore.

-Kimball

Old 07-20-2003 | 08:50 AM
I thought the bottom grill was a differant size in o1?

Old 07-20-2003 | 08:55 AM
Originally posted by booger
I thought the bottom grill was a differant size in o1?

Nope.

it is the Fog light hole that is different. The 01/04 foglights do not work with the 99/00 bottom bumper cover.

VINNIE

Quick Reply: swapping 00 grille for 01 install help