Lightning

#@*! Change of plans, but here is a preview.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003 | 08:11 PM
whoa

it wasn't Don's Bolt (Don C)'s hood that was rotting, it was mine, Don H's. All along the inside front seam it's begining to corrode. Known issue on 99-00's. My father's 00 was so bad that it already spread to the top. 4500 miles on a year old truck it started before it was even driven in the snow for all of 2 months. I noticed mine recently. There have been posts on here before about it.

I plan on putting an aftermarket hood on this winter and have the valance painted in the winter.

Old 07-31-2003 | 08:11 PM
|
Re: Rotting away?

Originally posted by Johnny AC
I don't think Don's hood was actually rotting away, I'm sure he previously stated that he wanted to repair some rock chip paint damage and decided to go a little further with it. It looks like a great idea Don, can't wait to see it in person, John H.
John
That is tallimeca who's hood is rotting. His name is Don too

Old 07-31-2003 | 08:33 PM
Re: Re: Rotting away?

Originally posted by Don's Bolt
John
That is tallimeca who's hood is rotting. His name is Don too
I'm sorry, I did not see that one. I did not know that there was a problem with the hoods, my truck is garaged and I have not seen any problems so far, thank God for garages, John H.

Old 07-31-2003 | 08:43 PM
yup

problem on all f150's and expeditions......some kinda of sealant or epoxy that goes in the folds of the stamped parts of the hood. They weren't apply propperly. There is a bulletin on it somewhere i read, i know of 2 in my driveway and there were posts on here before. Guy with a white one posted picture, i printed them out and showed my dealer.

My father's truck was garaged.....no difference, still get moisture, even from the air alone.

Quick Reply: #@*! Change of plans, but here is a preview.