Lightning

What's nitrous in a Lightning feel like?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003 | 04:39 PM
|
What's nitrous in a Lightning feel like?

Like I said the other day I drove my friends L with the KB on it and it felt awsome! My other friend has yet to take me for a ride in his 99ss with a 100 shot. But he says it it awsome. I've never been in a car with nitrous b4. And I've heard so much about it.
I guess my question is, what does nitrous (75-100 shot) feel like on a stock L or even on a modded L with chip, filter and pulleys?
All i can think of, is going back to stock, and then using nitrous would be like my truck running how it runs now at the push of a button??? (after 4# lower, 2# upper, chip, filter....) In a way am I correct? I'm just curious to hear some input of how it feels like to be in a car/Lightning with Nitrous.
thanks, Shane

Old 07-30-2003 | 04:56 PM
Banned
warm apple pie

Old 07-30-2003 | 05:19 PM
Heads and cam LS1 with a 150 shot is pretty cool.
I don't really feel the nitrous too much on my truck.

Old 07-30-2003 | 05:43 PM
|
Originally posted by easterisland
I don't really feel the nitrous too much on my truck.
that's what I was wondering. why is that?
shane

Old 07-30-2003 | 05:56 PM
I have a 100 shot on a 4# pulley. It kinda feels like a stock turbo. A slight pause when I activate the nitrous than you feel the truck start to pull harder

Old 07-30-2003 | 06:04 PM
The nitrious is awsome. I have a flip switch and full throttle spray. I have the trannie reworked, so when the modded switch is on the neck jerk is moderate, but when the switch is on nitrious, the tray shifts your neck into whiplash!! I love the feeling. I'm running 11.81 at 115.3 in the 1/4 in Jackson,SC with a 75 shot, 12.33 at 112.53 at Reynolds/Silver Dollar.

Old 07-30-2003 | 07:58 PM
|
full throttle spray only sprays when your at wot? and you can arm it at any time? then there is push button activated where you CAN spray when you want as long as it is armmed...
Also Im looking to get osme more replies on how it feels in our L's
thanks, Shane

Old 07-30-2003 | 08:19 PM
Full throttle spray is a microswitch on the throttle bracket so that when you are at full throttle, the cam hits the switch and you get n2o.

Old 07-30-2003 | 08:41 PM
|
Originally posted by Grimace
Full throttle spray is a microswitch on the throttle bracket so that when you are at full throttle, the cam hits the switch and you get n2o.
thank you. now any more replies to how it feels on an L? thanks, Shane

Old 07-30-2003 | 08:47 PM
Banned
its a big kick in the *** on my hd150

Old 07-30-2003 | 08:48 PM
I don't have NOS on my truck but have had it on two other vehicles. In my opinion it depends on the size of the hit, a 50-75 shot felt to me like a smooth surge in power ( turbo like ) 150-175 hit, on a street vehicle can be hard to handle, traction is a problem and the hit is sudden and hard, I would recommend high RPM activation, 250 shot ( the highest I went on one stage ) is like being hit in the back with a 2x4, down right scary and awesome all at once, 300 shot ( two stage, 200 first shot, 100 second ) was a blast with traction, I would recommend a rpm trip device for the second stage, I used one and after some testing to get the RPM right was very happy, the hit was hard from the first shot ( not as violent as the 250 ) and smooth from the 100 second shot, the car just kept pulling harder. Good luck, Todd

Old 07-30-2003 | 09:15 PM
I'm laughing my *** off right now Shane

The night I tested it the first time I posted
"NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE NITROUS"

Then I Finally listened to Hank and put a warmer on it
and my next post was
Hot Nitrous Test, "HOLY MOLY" Thats more like it
of course it was 33 degrees the 1st time I used it and with the smaller jets so I was lucky if I was seeing maybe 25 hp if that.
But with the bottle at 900 PSI, HOLY MO FO what a difference.
However
What Mo Fo is saying is what I was saying,
if you were use to 150 shots like I was in my BB Chevelle's
the 75 shot was no comparison and even disappointing AT FIRST But just like I had to get use to the Lightning when I bought it, and I was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in the low RPM's.
You have to think of the L like a Big Block Motor. I've had sooooooooo many of both and a screaming small block always felt and sounded meaner than a low rpm big block. But just like that sucker found out last night in the 69 Camaro I dusted,
THESE L'S HAUL *** BIG TIME and do it quite quietly in my case.
(Of course I didn't use or need juice last night)

Shane, it's harder than you think to feel the difference in the L,
But if it's all working correctly one thing you can always bank on with Nitrous is, if you use 75 HP jets, YOU GET 75 HP. There is no guestimates with the advertised HP, you get exactly what you paid for. The first time I tried the juice at Cecil I took a full 8/10's off my former best gasoline ET.

Even in the heat I can go to the track and run 12.7 or 12.8 on gasoline, then arm the juice and immediatly run 12.3's at my home track in 80 degree heat. When it gets cooler I'll go GET my 11's. At Cecil I ran identical 12.0's in the heat, due to using race fuel for the first time ever, V making me wait an hour between runs, and getting tips form lots of the Brothers that were there.
On the last run of the day I got totally out of it TWICE back in it, then out again and coasted the last 100 ft or so, AND STILL RAN A 12.2.

make sure everything is working correctly, and go make some passes --> IT WORKS

ROCK ON BRO AND GOOD LUCK

Old 07-30-2003 | 09:35 PM
It feels good you smoke a zo6. ofcourse i haven't raced one yet, but it will feel good.

Old 07-30-2003 | 09:49 PM
YEAH! What Rob said. Actually, never got the chance to even arm my nitrous and spray. Lost compression in one of my cylinders before I got the chance to even spray. Once I rebuild her though, shes going to be running like a champ!

-Mike

Old 07-30-2003 | 10:40 PM
Originally posted by mecca
YEAH! What Rob said. Actually, never got the chance to even arm my nitrous and spray. Lost compression in one of my cylinders before I got the chance to even spray. Once I rebuild her though, shes going to be running like a champ!

-Mike
WHERE THE FRUCK HAVE I BEEN MIKE
You Motor she no work no more
What happen ???

Quick Reply: What's nitrous in a Lightning feel like?