Lightning

Lightning as first car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 05:33 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how about the fact that the insurance on the c5 will be very very very high if you can even get insured, that is unless this is under your parents name.

Old 08-02-2003, 05:51 PM
lightning purchase

I know when I was 16 I wasn't looking at cars like an H1 and lightning trucks, I was more in the 2500 price range back then. Things have definately changed since then.

Old 08-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Honestly i think kids and 380 HP are a bad combination, but if you think you can handle it all the power, youll love the truck.

Do not drink and drive
Do not get high and drive
Do not do any drug and drive

Fast vehicles are freaking awesome, but being unsafe about what you do is just retarded, it might seem ok, until some bs happens and then you look like an ******* and youll feel like an ******* and some things you can't get back. Just be responsible and enjoy the truck.

Dont forget, you'll be buying a lot of gas and a lot of tires.

Old 08-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by CCCPL
I think a 16 year old and a L = big trouble!

These truck have alot of power, and they can get away from ya very easy.

Just the other day, i saw a nut make a turn , in a L then hit the gas, that L fish tailed all over the road.

Chas
Hey! I did that ... on purpose! I am in Iowa though so I doubt you saw me. My first vehicle was a 1959 Volkswagon Bus. I really like my stock 03 L. I am 50 and still rockin baby!

Old 08-02-2003, 06:04 PM
At that age you cannot possibly pay for one of these trucks can you? My guess is your parents will buy it for you, which is fine. Thew only problem I see with that is you will not respect this truck as much as you would if you payed for it yourself, and maybe getting yourself into trouble...I could be wrong.

Old 08-02-2003, 06:09 PM
i will apreciate it and yes they would be paying for it

im not one that takes things for granted

Old 08-02-2003, 06:50 PM

Last edited by MEAT BAG; 08-03-2003 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by TrboH22
At that age you cannot possibly pay for one of these trucks can you? My guess is your parents will buy it for you, which is fine. Thew only problem I see with that is you will not respect this truck as much as you would if you payed for it yourself, and maybe getting yourself into trouble...I could be wrong.
I have to agree with you. When you buy things yourself, you have so much more respect for it. Not to mention, how proud of yourself you are for actually buying it yourself.

supreme-
just to let you know, don't get this vehicle to get the girls, and to be cool among others. Get the vehicle that will best suit you, not others. Friends and girls shouldn't evolve around what vehicle you have.

Old 08-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by SUPREME
thanks for the replies

my bros first car was a mustang gt and he stayed accident free and ticket free

he told me if i got a lightning and acted stupid with it my lightning would be taken away and sold

i am very responsible and all that garbage but i mean come on, im very sure iw ould be tempted to push it

a few friends have m3s and rsx type s's
camaros and fireturds plus trans ams too

i want to
a. run them all
b. look cool doing it
c. get girls

here are the other choices
escalade-used of course
h1-see above-this one most likely wont happen because of how rare they are

then 97 c5
supra tt any year

and of course LIGHTNING

help me people
thanks rishi
must be nice when MOMMY and DADDY have all that money to spend on their kids FIRST car, i payed for my first...and my second by myself....currently saving for an L....im 18 now.....cant wait

Old 08-02-2003, 08:05 PM
yes sir i am lucky and i apreciate it

and no girls and friends wouldnt be the only reason ahaha that was just a joke

and yes i would pay for insurance

Old 08-02-2003, 09:02 PM
My first was a 89' Honda Accord I wouldnt suggest it as your first, but what the hell if someones gonna pay for it. I don't care what any of you say, none of you 16 year old L owners that say you paid for it actually did. But I'm 22 now and I think I am mature enough for it and the loan payments. I know I waws def not at 16. The less power the better starting out IMHO

Jon

Old 08-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Hey Supreme

No disrespect intended because I was 16 once and I know how you feel....BUT NO WAY NO HOW should a 16yo be driving a Lightning.

If Id have had a fast car when I was 16,Id be dead or still in jail.

Andy

Old 08-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Why shouldn't a 16 year old be able to drive a Lightning? If a 16 year old has the maturity, and brains, to drive like a sane person, then why not be able to drive it? I take care of my truck so that 10 years down the road, it will still be in good condition. It is washed atleast twice a week, and waxed every 2-3 weeks. Yes im spoiled, but I guarentee you this truck lasts me for a good 10 years. The whole subject about a 16 year old not being able to handle the power to me is just BS. Its all mental. If a kid wants to take his Geo Metro and top it out (if it even hits 100?), he is going to do it. If a kid wants to be an idiot and do 120 in his Lightning, well, then hes an idiot for wanting to do it, but atleast the Lightning has a lot safer braking capabilities and handles a lot better so IMO its safer overall. Believe me, ive been reading these boards for a while and ive seen 30+ year old guys doing stuff which shouldn't be done, so whos to say that if your older your not going to do stupid things in a Lightning? As for mommy and daddy paying for my Lightning, so be it. They worked hard for their money, and I work hard myself. Why let money sit. They thought I deserved it. Yes, it is a 30k truck, but I see kids driving cars 2 and 3 times the price of my truck, and im sure those kids don't have a single dollar in that car. I myself pay my insurance, gas, and any parts added to the truck, along with keeping the truck in working condition. Do I sometimes use the power of the truck? Yes, but I do it in a manner which isn't going to put any innocent lives in danger, and im smart about it. Im sure there are plenty of people on this board whos parents bought them their first car. Maybe it wasn't as nice and powerful as a Lightning, but I hate to say it, time and technology has changed. I just wanted to say how I felt about people nagging on kids with Lightnings.

-Mike

Old 08-02-2003, 10:34 PM
AMEN!

TESTIFY!

Old 08-03-2003, 12:58 AM
hey man! im 16...i got a job and started paying for the truck myseld as much as i could..it stays in the garage and is cleaned every week...i had a dodge ram 4x4 for almost a year...i got a 2000 silver with pulley, chip and intake...people think i am irresponsible for haveing that truck...yeah its very powerful...yet i have no tickets, warnings, nothing! i take it easy..and pimp it out..but there is always the track!! and some acational ricers...go for it man! they are awesome trucks...my email is leog2987@aol.com write me some time and if you decide to get it, i'll help you hook it up man!!! peace...

Quick Reply: Lightning as first car?