Lightning

Lightning as first car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MEAT BAG
Guess no one deserves that house they live in till they move out either, or all those clothes and food you needed till you got a job.

NO, you do not deserve to live in your parents home. It is a privilage. I pay for my privilage, maybe not in money but in jobs to do around the house. I have been working since I was 15. I've was saving up for a decent car, when my dad proposed to sell me his truck, that we bought brand new back in 98. I paid the last $4000 on the truck, and now it is mine.

Originally posted by MEAT BAG
Sorry but comments like this usually come from people that were not very mature when they were younger.
I think I am a mature person, as much as a 19 year old can be. I don’t have the life experience but for what I know so far I think I can consider myself at least mature enough to drive a vehicle without flooring it everywhere and killing someone. Yes I think as a first car it might be a little much but who knows everyone is different.

Yes everyone is different. But you need to learn how to drive before you can jump into such a nice and powerful truck. What's going to happen when your showing off, street racing, and something goes wrong? If you have no experience then you do not deserve the truck.

Originally posted by offroadmaniac
But, there are some that do deserve what they get, whether or not they payed for it. I just wanted to put that in. But, I do agree with everything else you said
You are also correct. If someone works hard enough or puts in their time and effort then you are right, they do deserve the L. But most of the time that's not the case. I will stand corrected, and agree with your statement.

On a side note, I didn't realize how young some of our L owners are. I'm guessing most of them also put in their time and effort, and were able to cash in their chips. But for the average 16/17 yr old, they are totally immature, and would abuse such an awesome machine. So I will stick with, you do not deserve an L as a first vehicle.

Old 08-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by MicLightning
"Im 17 now mommy, time to get me a new car" treatment. It shouldn't be about being mature enough to drive an L, it should mature enough to actually go out and work and EARN it.
Exactly. I'm turning 18 in 3 months. WOW. I spent my hard earned cash on my F150 and I love it to death. I have yet to let it go more than 7 days without washing it, checking the air in the tires, and all that good stuff.

Old 08-03-2003, 02:13 PM
I am not the average teenager and most L owners my age arent i bet.

If a 16 year old wants to street race they will

if a 16 year old wants power is isnt significantly hard to acquire it.

you can hurt yourself and others just as easily in a celica gt as you can in a lightning

would you rather have me in a civic hatch with "stickers that add horsepower" and a radiator in front posing as a front mount intercooler?

Im pretty sure you dont

thanks
-rishi

Old 08-03-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by SUPREME
would you rather have me in a civic hatch with "stickers that add horsepower" and a radiator in front posing as a front mount intercooler?
Hes definately got a point there.

Old 08-03-2003, 03:15 PM
FuB
Damn those ricers

Old 08-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Damn there are alot more 16 year olds with Lightnings on this board. I remember being one of the first ones in 2000 and getting alot of **** from it. I Actually met other Lightning owners back then that were pretty rude about it and didnt even take the chance to know me. On the other hand some, were really cool about it.

I am now 19, and have 0 accidents and been pulled over once in the truck. Not bad for a teenager, who is suppost to get in accidents with this truck and kill people with it huh??????

I really hate the fact that all you people brag about having to pay for your own stuff. Does that mean that you are better than those of us that didnt pay for their Lightning???? I dont think so.

Of course there is the 2 types of kids: 1)The rich snob who get everything and doesnt take care of it. (which i hate and have no respect for and have seen quite a few here in South Florida.) 2) Then there are the 16 year olds that take pride in what they have gotten and like to take care of it.

Until you find out what kind of person this 16 year old is DO NOT JUDGE THEM. I see a lot of juding on this forum just because we are teenagers, which is BS.

Another point i want to make is i know of 4 or 5 teenagers with lightnings and they are some of the respectable people i have ever met. Some cruise this forum and some dont.

SO to the point of the original question: Only thing i can say is have RESPECT for it. When you do decide to floor for the first time make sure you are in a location where there is nothing around(Empty Parking lot), you will get the feeling for it. Also do a couple donuts, this will get you use to how the truck feels when it starts sliding from under you.

Good Luck and Enjoy, I have for the past 3.5 years. But the time has come for me to let it go.

Old 08-03-2003, 04:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is the truth. I don't judge without experience. If you are 16, and are doing great in school, what the h3ll kind of job do you have to afford a Lightning? I payed 36,000 for mine and I work on airplanes for gods sake. Prove me wrong and I will apologize. I don't see a Lightning as a "good car" for a 16 year old KID. There are kids here in Edmond who get everything they want. There is a little punk driving a 2000 Hummer. The real deal not that pile of crap H2. His momma bought it for him "Cause she wants him to have a big safe car" (her own words). Did he earn it? NO! The little spoiled brat is barely passing school, has no job, and bums money from momma and daddy for everything. I depended on myself for everything so don't give me this crap about me not judging people till you know the story. I know the story enough to know it disgusts me to know I work 70 hours a week to EARN something that a spoiled brat can beg momma and daddy for.

Old 08-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Good luck

more power to you kid(No pun intended!)
stay away from the drink and drug and driving combo and you've got most of it beat.
If you race street remember it is illegal EVERYWHERE,but when you do be aware of whats around,don't waste your fuel, trans or tires on someone you know you'll smoke (which is nearly everyone who thinks they can beat you)
I don't recommend street racing (too many dead friends\people)
Yes I've done my share so you guys out there don't post nasties!!
Oh yeah the cool part about driving an L, when you do smoke someone not only did they lose but they lost to a truck! and if they beat you you can always say "what are you doin' racin a truck fool?!"

Good Luck!
Charlie
'01 L
red That's all !
The mods are coming,just saving for a house.
This place is full of great info and alot of helpful folks.

Quick Reply: Lightning as first car?