Lightning

Lightning as first car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning as first car?

so im in the market for my first car and of ocurse i want a lightning

01 would be the year

would you reccomend one for a 16 year old?

-rishi

Old 08-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Well young man let me say this...

It's up to you I have 3 sons and one of them has been to jail twice already for street racing. Despite the father to son heart filled talks we have had and the punsihment bestowed him.

So if you think your can handle it then the Lightning is a great first truck. Also keep in mind the maintenance and mods aren't cheap.

Just my two cents, good luck!

Suavy

Old 08-02-2003, 04:11 PM
But Of Course!

Great choice, Junior! I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to handle a 350 RWHP pickup truck at your age.

Make sure to ask Mom for some mod money, too. You'll be in the 12's in no time.

Old 08-02-2003, 04:21 PM
Im now 17, will be 18 in a couple months. I bought my truck new (2002) when I was 16, and it was my first vehicle. I have had countless amounts of fun in my truck. I take good care of it, and respect it very much. Have I got any tickets? Yes. Ive gotten my share. Is it worth it? Hell yeah! I got 2 tickets since ive had my license, and it was all within the first 4 months of me owning the truck. Now I pay a lot more attention to my speed limits. Besides, I know kids in 4 bangers who have plenty more tickets than myself. As long as you don't abuse the power, and go street racing, you'll be fine!

-Mike

Old 08-02-2003, 04:25 PM
my first vehicle was my 2002 Lightning. i love the truck but it isn't for a 16 year old to drive. i got it when i was 23.

i think you need more time to practice on something alot slower and work your way up to the Lightning man. buy a regular F150 and get used to the size and power. then get a Lightning when you have money to mod it, insure it and what fix it.

don't be discouraged by what we are saying, it's for your best interest only. good luck and take care.

Old 08-02-2003, 04:30 PM
I think a 16 year old and a L = big trouble!

These truck have alot of power, and they can get away from ya very easy.

Just the other day, i saw a nut make a turn , in a L then hit the gas, that L fish tailed all over the road.

Chas

Old 08-02-2003, 04:30 PM
i know many kids from my school who had stangs or camaros for their first cars and half of them crashed them, mostly in the rain

i have been drivin my L since i was 17 but it wasn't my first car
if i were u, i would practice drivin for a while a car wit not that much power or a fwd car, these trucks are extremely dangerous when its wet out and very easy to fishtail into a curve or so
its very easy to get a ticket wit these trucks just watch ur speed limit

Old 08-02-2003, 04:43 PM
My first car when i was 16 was a mitsubish eclipse spyder gt, it was a v6 with 200 hp, not bad, i had that car for about a year and a half. A year and a half later i had to sell it for some problems i had with it and I got the L. The L was a totally different car in feel and power. To tell u the truth i feel like i have more control in the L than i had in the eclipse. The truck has lots of traction and great handleing. U just have to watch out for a few things like 350 HP to the Rear wheels where nothing sits on it but a bed, so it likes to loose control easily, just dont press the gas to hard during a turn. I've had the L for 6 months now, no tickets or anything, just a fun gas guzzling truck, i dont see any problems with a first timer with a super truck like this, just be careful and mostly responsible.

Old 08-02-2003, 04:47 PM
I had a tahoe when I turned 15, sold it and got a corvette shortly after and got the L last summer and I am now 18. As long as you make sure your careful, any car can be dangerous in the wrong hands, just be safe and you'll really enjoy it.

--patrick

Old 08-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Lightbulb

You can always take off the supercharger belt! -Mat-

Old 08-02-2003, 05:02 PM
Re: Lightning as first car?

Originally posted by SUPREME
so im in the market for my first car and of ocurse i want a lightning

01 would be the year

would you reccomend one for a 16 year old?

-rishi
This is not a fair question, because I wanna say, yea go for it, but do yourself a favor and respect the power above all, good luck and keep the shiny side up, John H.

Old 08-02-2003, 05:04 PM
thanks for the replies

my bros first car was a mustang gt and he stayed accident free and ticket free

he told me if i got a lightning and acted stupid with it my lightning would be taken away and sold

i am very responsible and all that garbage but i mean come on, im very sure iw ould be tempted to push it

a few friends have m3s and rsx type s's
camaros and fireturds plus trans ams too

i want to
a. run them all
b. look cool doing it
c. get girls

here are the other choices
escalade-used of course
h1-see above-this one most likely wont happen because of how rare they are

then 97 c5
supra tt any year

and of course LIGHTNING

help me people
thanks rishi

Old 08-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Banned
Chicks dig L's.

Be sure the first mod you get is a Bedrug so you can bang all the babes in the back

Old 08-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Of all those vehicles you listed... I can scratch them all off for reasons to narrow down to the L anyhow.

Escalade? This is like a soccer mom van to the wealthy. Scratch that one.

H1? I always liked them. Way too expensive, and unless I lived in the desert, I would never get to truely use them.

C5 Vette? Totally not practical for a 16 year old. Atleast you can comfortably fit a passenger in your truck, semi-confortably 2 people. You can haul stuff in a Lightning, not a vette. Think about insurance... Vette... Lightning.... I think the Lightning would be cheaper.

Supra TT? WAY over priced. Ever since the release of Fast and the Furious, those prices have doubled. To get that car to where it is worth your time and money, you'll have 50k+ invested.

If you are to buy a lightning, drop 700$ into chip, filter, and pulley, you will be putting around 380HP+ to the rear wheels, and capable of running mid-high 12's. Go for the L, just be careful and DONT be stupid. I know about 10 kids who just got arrested on Thursday here in South Florida at the hot spot of a road called 27. All the local street racers go out there, and this is the 2nd time in a year there has been a big bust. As long as you stay away from street racing, and being stupid with the truck, then you should be fine. Go for the L!

-Mike

Old 08-02-2003, 05:26 PM
yo thanks for the insight

overall i love the L but:

what do i need to haul neway being 16 feel me?

so doesnt that bring c5 into the picture?

To get that car to where it is worth your time and money, you'll have 50k+ invested.
can you explain that a lil more please

thanks
rishi

Quick Reply: Lightning as first car?