Lightning

Props to Hypertech!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Matt,

According to that same dyno Cory's sonic blue 03 L made 390 HP. His only mod is a Magnaflow muffler. Jimmy and I dared him to post those numbers on the forums so we could laugh and watch the BS flags fly. You don't see him on here do you.

I think your numbers are pretty close but like I said we need to go to Lucky's to make sure since the numbers Sat. were all over the place. They seemed to have issues with automatics on that mustang dyno.

You're right they are very nice people and the dyno was free. If I was paying though it would have been done to my satifaction. I posted those 2 graphs so you could see what the torque graph is suppose to look like (even on a mustang dyno).

Last edited by LTNBOLT; 08-04-2003 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:41 PM
A few of us need to get together and see if Lucky's will give us a price break since that's where we had are last pulls anyway.
Lets do this. Even though I did not go to that Dyno Day at Lucky's I am up for a comparison of the two machines. I asked someone about the difference between DynoJet/Mustang Dyno and they said that the Mustang is about 20hp over, so we need to compare the two.

Later
Damon

Old 08-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Seemed a bit high to me, so I let it go. It was fun while it lasted and again, the Hypertech guys were first rate.

Cory

Old 08-04-2003, 07:53 PM
How do you like that super cool pic of you Cory?

Old 08-04-2003, 08:21 PM
yeah lets go, mine would be a good comparison since it is completely stock with no variations possible. jsut let me know when you want to go.

Old 08-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Despite what you guys think the Mustang Dyno is a better dyno. The reason being that it puts a exact load on your vehicle. This is why you encountered the downshift at 3400 when you didnt on the dynojet. A Mustang Dyno has the ability to put the exact load on your vehicle that it has on the street. What does this mean for you ? It means if your on a Mustang Dyno and they enter all your info properly you get the exact A/F ratio you will have at the track. You wont have to do guess work and say will my a/f ration is 12.3 but thats good because on the street it will be leaner. It also means the RWHP number is more acurate than on a Dynojet. The Dynojet puts a 3000lb load on your vehicle, the Mustang has is able to put the exact load your vehicle weighs. A Mustang Dyno also is also able to give you readings at part throttle at any speed the dynojet cannot. The only reason advantage to a dynojet is they are more popular and can be found anywhere for equal comparison. Big props to Hypertech for showing you guys a great time. Im curious did any of you even have Hypertech products ? What were dynos with the Hypertuner ?

Old 08-04-2003, 10:44 PM
I don't think anyone had any Hypertech mods out of the whole group. However I bought a Hypertech Power Programmer for my wifes Dakota R/T and didn't really see anything substantial.

Last edited by dealerjim; 08-04-2003 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Im curious did any of you even have Hypertech products ?
I had a Hypertech 160*stat. LOL!

What were dynos with the Hypertuner ?
They actually told us not to buy a Hypertuner, but did say that they will have some new stuff coming out later on.

Later
Damon

Old 08-04-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by BuzzzLightyear
Despite what you guys think the Mustang Dyno is a better dyno. The reason being that it puts a exact load on your vehicle. This is why you encountered the downshift at 3400 when you didnt on the dynojet. A Mustang Dyno has the ability to put the exact load on your vehicle that it has on the street. Hypertuner ?
You're right about putting the load on it but wrong about the kickdown. Go out and try to get your L to kickdown while in drive at 3200 rpm or above. I tried it one day on the way to my first dyno session after read the starting rpm's on here for dynoing. I could not get it to kickdown at anything above 3200 rpm. I told the guy to hammer it at 3200 rpm and it worked perfectly.

They only asked us our rear gear ratio and nothing else. I know from read about the Mustang Dyno that there are several settings to enter but I didn't see it happening.

If you look at my graph you see it starts at 4000 rpm and took it 800 to 1000 rpm to climb to the right torque level. The pull started at 3400 rpm. They flat out had something all screwed up.

Last edited by LTNBOLT; 08-04-2003 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:42 PM
The reason you get different kickdowns is because the load value is different on a Dynojet Vs Mustang Dyno. On the Mustang dyno when data is entered correct, your truck will shift just as it does on the street. The Mustang Dyno is able to put exact loads, Dynojet has less load than when driving on street. This is the reason you hear guys say will 12.3 is good because at track you run leaner, More load is leaner than less load. If you want Dynojet numbers I suppose you could have the dyno operator enter a 3000# load.

Old 08-04-2003, 11:55 PM
Cool

On the street they won't kickdown above 3200 rpm. They claimed to have matched the output numbers to the dynojet right next to it. The guy said they added 17% which would be high from what I read about the differences between the two.

This still doesn't explain how strange it was acting.

Quick Reply: Props to Hypertech!!!