Lightning

driving the truck when it's 65 degrees out verses 95 like normal...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003 | 07:06 PM
i remember a time this past spring right after i had all the main mods done to my truck. #4, 90mm...etc. i was on the freeway on my way home from the track. i had taken off my bed cover, tail gate, and spare. i floored it from about 70mph and the tires broke loose and i got a little sideways. pretty damn scary. but it was pretty kool to know my truck could do that.

...chris

Old 08-04-2003 | 07:13 PM
maniac - the calculator does not differentiate between s/c and normally aspirated. The calculator mainly tells you the relative potential the conditions have for making power - it does not tell you how effectively an individual vehicle will respond to those conditions.

It makes sense to me that different vehicles respond differently to heat. For example, to get the big power boost of great weather, you are going to need to add more fuel to make the most of the additional oxygen. If your computer doesn't do that for you, you are not going to get max power gains. For heat/lousy weather, if your computer is playing it safe and dumping in too much fuel you will probably have a bigger loss in power than the calculator shows.

Shane - in great weather, you should definitely be putting out more power than a day of 'standard' conditions, and way more power than in a day with poor conditions. If the 'correction' factor is accurate, you would dyno the same (corrected hp) on all 3 days.

If you play around with the calculator, you will see that barometric pressure is a BIG factor. High pressure = mother nature's own supercharger.

High humidity is bad because water in the air is taking the place of power making oxygen. Cold air is more dense (more oxygen), but temp alone is probably less of a factor than humidy or pressure.

Old 08-04-2003 | 07:22 PM
|
Originally posted by FastAsL
i floored it from about 70mph and the tires broke loose and i got a little sideways. pretty damn scary.
...chris
that is awsome!

Old 08-04-2003 | 07:30 PM
|
Originally posted by 03GreyLightning
Shane,
You got it right. I know for a fact that a SC loves cold air over hot air any day. Down here in Texas NOS is huge since it loves the hot air more then a turbo or SC. I was thinking of trying to make som kind of intercooler to shove cold air into the SC since its to damn hot here in TX.
Just my 02.
David
how do I get my truck to run like last night all the time?
Even in the 90 degree heat, is there any way to fool the motor/computer to thinking its only 65 out? I know they make electric fans, intercooler fans, power coolers, and all to cool the motor down. Even nitrous could cool the motor down if applied right correct? Any advise for me? I loved what I felt last night. thanks, shane

Old 08-07-2003 | 10:14 AM
|
Originally posted by offroadmaniac
Will a supercharged truck lose more hp in higher temps when compared to a N/A truck?
supercharged cars should do lose more power in heat than cars not supercharged right? thanks, shane

Quick Reply: driving the truck when it's 65 degrees out verses 95 like normal...