Lightning

Ltubes=less boost

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003 | 07:44 AM
|
Ltubes=less boost

So therefore do you increase pulley size to regain the 1-2 pound loss? Also if your already running a 6#(9.0") pulley how much more can you spin the Eaton? Maybe it's just time for a KB

Old 08-04-2003 | 08:08 AM
In lamens terms...Losing 1-2# doesn't matter, you are still gaining power over not having the LT's. The low restriction exhaust is getting rid of exhaust gases more efficiently so boost isn't building up as high. There comes a time that you will actually lose power by adding too much pulley. Too much boost = too much heat = less power. There have been many tests on this.

Old 08-04-2003 | 02:21 PM
|
I realize boost is a measure of backpressure but 13#'s is 13#'s....I guess to gain back what I lost another blower that does not add the mucho heat would be the ticket.. I just wondered how many guys out there are using pulleys that are more than 6# in size...

Old 08-04-2003 | 02:34 PM
Well After I put the LT's on, I put on a JL upper. With roughly the same setup as Mrinaldi's truck except the LT's, he makes more boost (2# or so) but I walk off him every time, not bad but just enough. I just slapped a 6# on recently with the upper and now I am around 14# depending on the weather. It has been too hot and humid to compare to my previous times, and I've been too busy to take it to the dyno.

I should get some pretty good times this fall if it doesn't blow up.

Old 08-04-2003 | 02:39 PM
|
Originally posted by yysenhimer

I should get some pretty good times this fall if it doesn't blow up.
LOL..we are all just waiting for an excuse to put a built engine in anyway...heheheh

Wouldn't a 8# give you/me the same boost as going smaller on the blower? My L is not a daily driver so the abuse the Eaton will see would be a little less...

Old 08-04-2003 | 04:20 PM
Originally posted by JeffsLightning
Wouldn't a 8# give you/me the same boost as going smaller on the blower? My L is not a daily driver so the abuse the Eaton will see would be a little less...
Depends on the mods (how well it breathes) and the weather.

It's not so much the abuse on the Eaton, it's when you start producing a lot of heat, it is counterproductive.

Quick Reply: Ltubes=less boost