|
SVT Vehicle Rebate. Good News if....

you're buying a Focus SVT
Now if only they'd extend it to the Lightning

http://www.svt.ford.com/flash/index.html

Frank

Old 08-04-2003 | 04:56 PM
Banned
My hearing is tomorrow with Ford to buy back my SVT Foci or fix it. Im hoping just to take my $$ and buy something else. Since the introduction of the SRT 4 Neon, SVTF sales are in the ****ter.

Old 08-04-2003 | 05:01 PM
**** - how many problems are you having?

The girlfriend bought a used one with only 7k miles on it (somewhat hard miles judging by the tires) and the only problems I see so far are the rear rotors seam a little more warn then they should be, and between 2500 and 3000 rpms the car has a little surging or clutch skipping, but once it's gets warmed up thats gone.

I'm tempted to get the svtF and throw a supercharger on it, but that traction control is a killer for dead launches. Would make a nice Auto-X daily driver though.

Old 08-04-2003 | 05:14 PM
Banned
Lets see, ill just list like the top annoying problems with mine.

First and foremost, grinding from the halfshafts at 2200 RPM. Ford Rep stated he didnt hear any noises, yet it was documented by the Service Manager and Service Writer the day the rep came out that their is a noise and the claim has been denied.

Second and most anoying. My car idles from 400 rpm to 2700 rpm, then drops back down and does this when it feels like it. Ford Rep claims this is normal until it reaches normal operating temps. Funny, i guess a 200 mile road trip doesnt account for reaching normal operating temps

Third problem. I have a leak coming from the rear washer. No one can find them problem. Rep claims its from the tailpipe, yet the leak is on the opposite side.

Fourth problem. Windshield wipers do not work in the rain. Yes, they work fine, but as soon as they get wet, they stop working. Pulled into a dealer and they refused to fix the item because i didnt have an appointment, yet it was down pouring. 2 Days later took it in to get it fixed and they stated " cannot reproduce problem". Ford rep claims he is unable to dupe as well. I told them to give me a hose and ill reproduce the problem. Rep claims customer cannot interact with rep while testing

The car is great on an open track. Bitchen sonic blue. Extremely well maintained. 6100 miles on car.

One another annoying quirk is after i wash the little bastard, the wheels get covered in rust drip. This is after the car has been dried thorughly. Take it for a spin and i have to break the wheels off to clean the crap off of the inside.

Mines a 2002 and i have the moonroof, which doesnt come with the traction control. I was going to put a turbo on it, but ive changed my mind. I want to dump it for either a SRT4 or just take the $$ and apply it to the new Cobra im getting. That will allow me to own the cobra outright.

Old 08-04-2003 | 05:43 PM
Your focus has a sweet tint job though...

Old 08-04-2003 | 05:46 PM
**** I say you just get a Harley truck...

Old 08-04-2003 | 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Flying ****
Lets see, ill just list like the top annoying problems with mine...
blah ... blah ... blah ...
And here where learn that **** has some stupid Ford techs and not that bright reps him.
...Mines a 2002 and i have the moonroof, which doesnt come with the traction control...
You sure? The g/f's is a 2002 Sonic Blue with a moonroof and she's got the killer traction control.

Also her windshield wipers don't work well in the rain. I thought the blades were just bad? Guess I'll find out when I change them.

Old 08-05-2003 | 12:37 AM
Banned
Yea, no traction control on mine... i actually prefer it that honestly.

I really like the car alot. I just want the damn thing fixed. I have a 24 page file from Ford that shows of all 12 dealers the cars been at to get repaired. Ive had 10 pcm reflashes, 3 pcm's replaced and not one has fixed the idle issue.

If i get my $$ back, i wont buy another one, thats for sure. If youre interested, i have the European HID lights that i never put on mine for sale. Same ones the 2003's have.

Old 08-05-2003 | 12:53 AM
If the car giving you this much trouble you may as well try and get rid of it and save yourself some future aggravation...

Old 08-05-2003 | 01:11 AM
Banned
That is my intention... I will get back everything i put into if Ford buys it back, including my $750 worth of tint work

Old 08-05-2003 | 02:10 AM
including my $750 worth of tint work

Is Tint that high in Cali or is it some sort of custom stuff ? I know in MN it can cost as much as $300 to tint a Lightning where as in Tx its about $100. That is for the same quality tint too.

Old 08-05-2003 | 02:54 AM
he's got some real nice blue flames.

Old 08-05-2003 | 03:46 AM
Banned
I got a custom flame job done on the windows. They look like real flames, none of that fake stuff you see out there. 5 layers with silver and blue, backed behind metallic black. The whole car is tinted with metallic tint, including the windshield.

Old 08-05-2003 | 03:51 AM
Pics Please ??

Old 08-05-2003 | 06:50 AM
Banned

These were taken prior to the finished tint job, which took about 3 trips. I should take some of the final tint job but im pissed off everytime i look at the car, so it sits in the garage.

Quick Reply: SVT Vehicle Rebate. Good News if....