Lightning

Calling all Garage Queen owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love driving my L to and from work! Thats the only part of the day i look forward too. Love the looks i get, and love all the ricers wanting to run me at red lights.

Gotta love that hard pulling power!

Chas

Old 08-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Weekends only for my black beauty, '03 L. 1995 F-150 short bed for the daily driver.

Although, it is awefully tough walking past her every morning in the garage.

Old 08-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Garage Queen Indeed...

Gang:

Silver 2000 model, owned since May 2000 (purchased new). Right now, an odometer check shows 8400 miles.

Never NEAR snow or salt, been caught in the rain 4 times that I can recall, all accompanied by much gnashing of teeth.

Windshield washer never engaged - factory fill still in there, half evaporated.

Detailed inside and out basically after every drive. Tire pressure adjusted and lugs torqued essentially every ride also.

I'm guessing that half of the miles are back and forth out of the tiled, sanitized garage to get the mighty Traeger BBQ-LHS grill out (its home is in front of the truck).

So far - 8 oil/filter changes (Mobil One after 3000 miles), 2 fuel filters, 8 greasings of steering stops and steering idler, 8 air filters, 3 tire rotations, 5 (partial) transmission fluid changes, 2 brake bleeds, 1 plug change. Everything adjustable adjusted.

I suppose I have a garage queen. For hauling azz, the 'Bolt gets the duty (8500 miles worth, which is a lot of WOT). For crap commuting, idling in stopped traffic, snow duty, and other low-grade applications, the 1992 Grand Prix (171,000 miles) gets the call. Of course, it looks pretty much new also.

The wife drives the Benz when the 'Prix is unavailable - 25000 miles in 3 1/4 years on that one.

Garage queens rule! Pretty cool to have a TRULY showroom-fresh vehicle, perpetually.

Maybe I need to get on some Ritalin.

Old 08-07-2003, 07:38 PM
My '99 has 23k on it.

It's in the garage, I need a cover for it, for when it sits for long periods it gets dusty.

I already had a car before I bought the truck. I still like it ('95 GSR integra, over 8200 rpm on shifts is still so addictive)

It only ends up in the rain if I take it to work (park 30 feet from my bay) and it rains. I wash it when I get home.

I towel it off if the rain stops. I don't want water spots on the paint. The inside is cleaned monthly, even if it isn't used.

With very worn F1s it's really a handfull when it's wet. But fun if nobody's around.

I won't take it to stores, etc. One trip to the bank, and it was nearly broken into.

I do (but don't) want to mod it (engine-wise), because I know where that'll lead me. More power=more money.

Quick Reply: Calling all Garage Queen owners!!!