Lightning

not a flame but why........

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 08:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not a flame but why........

is it that 90% of the Dodge trucks (esp. Hemi) have a loud after market exhaust and owners that want to street race and drive like fools?

I know I sound like I'm picking on one group but let me say, I work on and ENJOY all makes and models. I have owned probably every brand over the last 20yrs and enjoyed them!

But recently I have had and seen these fools pull up,, rev the engine and take off or cut off someone in order to get ahead of my L. Maybe its just in my area,,, but its a regular thing now and I had to vent....

Old 08-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Easy, small *****'s + high hopes = dodge truck owners.

Old 08-07-2003, 09:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its not only the Dodge boys that do this.
I have had S-10's, Dakotas, Toyotas, Jeeps, Ricers, and etc. and etc. attempt to show me how much power their respective vehicles had on numerous occasions.
Ever see an S-10 put the petal to the floor and dump the clutch just so he could show you he too can lay a good 1-3 foot of rubber.
The Lightning is just an intimidating vehicle, and causes those of normal mentality to do some really strange things.
Marc

Old 08-07-2003, 09:44 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up

Look at the bright side.
Everytime this happens you get an honorable mention as a 'Kill' on the respective vehicles' Message Board.

Old 08-07-2003, 09:49 AM
I don't know about you guy's. But the Dodges come w/a nice sounding exhaust from the factory.
The rest of the truck sucks, but it sounds good.

Old 08-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Sup Jon,

Long time no see. The last time I came by the shop a few weeks ago on a Tuesday night there was no one there at all. I got my pulley and chip if your interested in setting something up for the install.

I will give you a call to see whats going on. I got a couple of questions.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:01 AM
It's something about their mentality...I had a red R/T pull alongside me when I had a loaded U-haul trailer hitched to the rear. He was revving the engine, and trying to get me to race. What a dork! Later on the same trip, I had a Hemi pace me for five minutes, then drop back so he could do a fly-by.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:13 AM
Banned
Originally posted by LOCOSVT
It's something about their mentality...I had a red R/T pull alongside me when I had a loaded U-haul trailer hitched to the rear. He was revving the engine, and trying to get me to race. What a dork! Later on the same trip, I had a Hemi pace me for five minutes, then drop back so he could do a fly-by.
I raced a civic the other day while i was pulling my brothers, and yea of course i whooped him.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:53 AM
I was in front of a new ram crew cab today on the way to work. I took a 30 mph freeway on ramp at about 60-70 mph the dodge tried to do the same and had to slow way down. I think he almost wrecked.
He passed me later down the road. He was doing about 90 mph. I did a 140+ mph ricer flyby on him. Of course I was just testing the new head gasket's strength...

Old 08-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Actually, around here everyone's pretty cool about my truck. Even most of the local teenagers (I'm only 19 myself) wanna know what I've done to it and how much HP it's pushin. IE: Last night going to my girls house I stopped at a light next to two kids in a lowered S-10 on 20's with a sound system thumping. The passenger looks over and points at my truck, then rolls his window down and asks if I've done anything to it, I say" Chip, filter, pulley, exhaust... blah blah" he says "How much you pushin?" I said "Around 400 at the wheels" He says "Damn!!" Then we roll off, and the passenger wants me to hit it, I'll be damned if I didn't squeek the tires in the bottom of second and took off. As they went by they both gave me a thumbs up. More than anything I get adittude from corvette owners (not Z06 owners) but c5 owners. Last time I raced a C5 vert and took him by about 1 1/2 cars with his girlfriend in the car, he accused me at the next light of using NOS. I just laughed at him.

Old 08-07-2003, 12:52 PM
I get a LOT of those Hemi Rams reving at me in traffic. I think that stupid commercial on TV has gone to their heads. I think most of the ricers just want a show, they cant possibly be so dumb as to think they could win. Granted, there are some really fast imports out there, but not in my area I guess. A lot of mustangs V6s and 5.0 want to race me as well. I see Vettes all the time but have never been challenged... I want to smack one of those Impala SS'es , I see them all the time also.

Old 08-07-2003, 12:58 PM
not saying anything about your experiences, everyones an idiot around here, but as for the dodges, many of the new ones i thought had aftermarket exhausts but are in fact stock. I thoght they all got a nice quiet gibson just to make the tone sound nice but apparently dodges just sound like that, and its really a nice tone for me, a little quiet but still impressive for a stock vehicle. Compliments to dodge on that one.

As for the engine tho .. .
Oh and the tranny, and the oil pressure problems in the durangos, and. . . .

Old 08-07-2003, 01:28 PM
The last time I was under a Hemi it only had one cat and the big 2.25" or 2.5" exhaust pipe from the manifold Y'd into a big 3" or more exhaust pipr to the rear.

Old 08-07-2003, 03:57 PM
My first pickup truck was a 97 dodge ram Sport in which I traded in for my L.. Very clean truck and never gave me a day of problems..I put a 2 chamber flowmaster muffler on it and it was the best sound i've ever heard from a pickup.. For what it was, the 5.9 I had in it was pretty powerful...Now every since i got my L I do notice a lot of fools in dodges trying to edge me on to a race.... I don't even waste my time

Old 08-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speaking of Corvettes.... their new add slogan

The C5 Corvette....the preferred choice for the mid-life crisis.

Quick Reply: not a flame but why........