Lightning

hand control questions (any opinions)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hand control questions (any opinions)

alright guys, here is a good question for you taht might nelp with the L loyalty too. I have a new 03 L that i jsut traded my 01 in for. the only mod i did period on the first one was exhaust, my 250lb chair lift in the bad and my gas controls. i am a paraplegic by the way. Well won every race i did at an 1/8th mile track and that included a 98 i belive was the year stang with rebuilt extremmely cammed 302 with 125 shot of nos. killed him 3 times both only by about 15 feet or so, but he races every weekend and is a very good at take of and his shifts are very smooth. also killed every ram air i cam against, cahse it is a bow tie town and one i remember again was a good driver but he had chip, intake, exhaust and 4.10 rear end. killed him by 2 car lengths. now do you think it is possible that my hand controls make that much of a difference in R/T that they couldn't catch up the time. of course top end they woulk kill me but only do 1/8 adn 1/4s. One i wanted to back my fello L borthers out there, but i have heard all these guys says L won't kill any SS or ramairs when i am living prove it can be done with a pretty stock L. jsut wondered if hand controls woud make that much difference. any opinions welcome. oh and as soon as my 03 is full broke in, i will be ahppy to prove it again.

Old 08-07-2003, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your hand controls could possible help your reaction time, but it won't change your 1/4mile time or mph. I think you can react quicker with your hands than your feet, that's one reason for a transbrake. Either way, it's good to hear you're tearing them up at the track.

Quick Reply: hand control questions (any opinions)