Lightning

I was gonna buy a Lightning, but .........

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I was gonna buy a Lightning, but .........

I saw a guy I use to work with the gas station today and he came over and said,

"I was gonna buy a Lightning, but they seemed overpriced for to for what you get!"

Ok so that is his opinion, but then he walks over and gets into his 80's something S-10 with a custom red and body rust paint job.

Does any one else get the "I was gonna buy one, but...." comments?? I have had 3 or 4 people give me reasons why they did not buy an L, yet they are usally driving a hooptie. These comments drive me crazy and I just wanted to vent.

Thanks for listening and let me know if anyone else has heard these kind of comments.

Old 08-08-2003, 01:06 AM
Re: I was gonna buy a Lightning, but .........

Originally posted by Crewie
I saw a guy I use to work with the gas station today and he came over and said,

"I was gonna buy a Lightning, but they seemed overpriced for to for what you get!"

Ok so that is his opinion, but then he walks over and gets into his 80's something S-10 with a custom red and body rust paint job.

Does any one else get the "I was gonna buy one, but...." comments?? I have had 3 or 4 people give me reasons why they did not buy an L, yet they are usally driving a hooptie. These comments drive me crazy and I just wanted to vent.

Thanks for listening and let me know if anyone else has heard these kind of comments.
I wouldn't worry about it. It's hard to tell why people do what they do, but everybody is entitled to their opinion, whether it be right or wrong. What's overpriced to one may be a bargain to another. My advice is to forget about it.

Old 08-08-2003, 02:14 AM
Actually, I've had a lot of people admit they can't afford one. When I point out that there are a bunch of trucks that are more expensive, they can't believe it. I guess it's because the dealers used to really try to gouge you for one.

Of course there was this guy yesterday that said he was gonna pass on the L and get a fast truck...a hemi.

Old 08-08-2003, 02:43 AM
ignorance is abundant....

Old 08-08-2003, 03:36 AM
id just say that i would drag his new hemi's *** up and down the road

Old 08-08-2003, 03:36 AM
Re: I was gonna buy a Lightning, but .........

Originally posted by Crewie
I honestly think that the Lightning is one of the best bang for ure buck u can get. U get a lot of vehicle for not so much money. Sure u dont get much luxury but u get so much HP, Torque, and practicality that its a great deal for around 30 grand.

Old 08-08-2003, 05:46 AM
Banned
he was jealous............

Old 08-08-2003, 08:02 AM
-My minvan cost more than my L.

-Many new trucks are in the same price range as the L, depends on what you want.

-Correct me if I'm wrong but the Ford SVT Lightning has the highest or one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings out there.

-It's easier to complain than to explain :-)

-0light1

Old 08-08-2003, 09:33 AM
I was gonna buy a Lightning, but .........

Hey guy,

Let me tell you something, I may be biased but...

I have always been a Ford man since a lot of my family worked in Ford dealers even though I dont anymore I believe in thier products although all MFG's have thier crap models. I've had Mach 1's (still have 1) and various other ford performance cars along with my 85 GT in the garage. I bought my Lightning because I needed something a little bigger/newer and my GT is 18 years old w/ 179K on it I needed a breath of fresh air. My bro hooked me up with my '03 and he has a '95 model. Every day I drive it I'm on cloud nine even after 4 months the new hasnt worn off one bit and as my brother stated, it wont wear off, "I still feel the same with my '95".

So my message to you is go for it!

Ron

Old 08-08-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by LOCOSVT
Actually, I've had a lot of people admit they can't afford one. When I point out that there are a bunch of trucks that are more expensive, they can't believe it. I guess it's because the dealers used to really try to gouge you for one.

Of course there was this guy yesterday that said he was gonna pass on the L and get a fast truck...a hemi.

have you seen those bumper stickers from dodge that say "yeah, it's got a hemi" or something to that effect?

here's one that has been rearranged a little

http://www.superlightning.com/Lachap...achapter30.jpg

Old 08-08-2003, 11:14 AM
SVT54....Me toooooo

I have had mine now for almost a year and I still find reasons to drive it. I honestly look forward to going most places as long as I can drive my L there. It's a rush and there not at every stoplight.

-0light1

Old 08-08-2003, 03:21 PM
It's funny because I have friends that have sport tracks, explorers and durangos and when I first got the L they all wondered how I could afford it and wished they could have one. Now they're all trying to soup up their trucks. But they all paid as much or more fo their cars. I got mine in 2000 for just under 29k new without any kind of special ford plan. It seems you can't get out of the dealership without spending at least 25-30k for a decent car. I think a lot of people just have a warped sense of value sometimes. Added to the fact that the L looks so smooth, everyone thinks it's really more expensive than it really is.

Jack

Old 08-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Pondering an L purchase........

Three points, the L is a limited production vehicle, for the price the performance is outstanding especially in its class, and last but not least, it is affordable to mod and surpass most sport car performance stats..........

Sorry I gave three reasons, to buy an L, can't think of any to not buy one!

Old 08-08-2003, 11:41 PM
'01's wife here.

For those who said the new hasn't worn off and they still get a grin every time they drive it............... well I can certainly concur with that.

52,000 miles strong in the '01, and she is still as much fun to drive today as she ever was.

Just pity the poor fool who isn't smart enough to buy an L.............. he/she doesn't know what they are missing.

Old 08-09-2003, 03:21 PM
Smile

i was gonna buy an airplane, but

Quick Reply: I was gonna buy a Lightning, but .........