Lightning

need decision help

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need decision help

well some other issues have forced my engine venture to sometime within a month. if all goes well, and we all know it never does but if it did ill have a motor within 4 weeks. i know this issue has been like fckuing a dead dog, but i WILL be getting either the 140 or the KB. ive got one people telling me to even go with the 112 because thats what sal used on his fastest run. some people say the KB is as sweet as the 140 and 800 less some people can argue all day long. some people are telling to up the juice to 150 and stay with the heaton. basically i just want a no bull**** no off the topic thread on RECENT findings on the two because all the reasearch means nothing if its months old. and the people who want to point out the search button **** off because theres nothing recent on dyno numbers of the 140 or any real side by side comparisons. ill have one or the other ordered inside of two weeks.
hopefully all the tuners will chime in here.

Old 08-09-2003, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eaton I don't have either one so unfortunatly I cant give personal experience. But I will say lots of my L Bro's have KB's and are happy as a pig in schitt with them. Think about it, when have you read about someone NOT being satisfied with a KB ?
--> "NEVER" <--

So "for right this second" due to the fact that there isn't enough Works out there to compare apples to apples, I'd have to say KB has clearly proved itself time after time.

I once read that with the Works you CAN NOT change one of the plugs without removing the S/C (IS THIS TRUE ) ????
Thats something I would look into before I would even consider one Maybe Sal can clear that one up for us ? I truly don't know but there have been post saying that ?

Of course the other side of the coin is Sal has the Fastest Gen 2 in the world and can do this

NOW THATS IMPRESSIVE

I believe based on what I've read, the Works will give more HP and ET providing your motor can utilize all the HP. I hear a lot of great things about the Works and belive it to be a little bigger, badder, and better than the KB. But keep in mind most motors can not handle the full capability these aftermarket S/C's offer,
so a little more HP may not be worth the extra 1k if you can't use it.

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 08-09-2003 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: need decision help