Lightning

Quick questions about what to do

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Quick questions about what to do

Alright guys, need some help with what to do. I have a '99 with 37000 on the odo. I just purchased a JDM CAI with a 90mm MAF and already have a Magnaflow catback. I am getting a FTVB this afternoon, and I want to know what else to do. This is a daily driven truck, so I want to make sure that I don't do something stupid that will cost me $$$ in the long run. I was thinking 6lb lower, chip, and plugs, but was wondering what comments/suggestions you all have.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 08-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Re: Quick questions about what to do

Originally posted by kragle23
Alright guys, need some help with what to do. I have a '99 with 37000 on the odo. I just purchased a JDM CAI with a 90mm MAF and already have a Magnaflow catback. I am getting a FTVB this afternoon, and I want to know what else to do. This is a daily driven truck, so I want to make sure that I don't do something stupid that will cost me $$$ in the long run. I was thinking 6lb lower, chip, and plugs, but was wondering what comments/suggestions you all have.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
6lb pulley should be fine as long as you get a chip that is tuned for it.

I might suggest to wait till Sept 19th thru 21st for Fun Ford Weekend in Ennis. The JDM crew will be here then and doing installs and helping the Lightning, HD and Cobra crowd out. Call and have them bring whatever you need and save on shipping.

Where is Graford Texas?

Old 08-10-2003, 01:34 PM
jarmstro,

Graford is about 60 miles due west of Ft. Worth, just northwest of Mineral Wells. Ever heard of Possum Kingdom Lake? That's where I'm at!

The thing about the meet is it is not until September, and you know how things go with this truck...Money's burning a hole in my pocket, and I want things now(I know, I know so impatient!!! )

Any other ideas???

Old 08-10-2003, 01:40 PM
possum kingdom is a nice place

Old 08-10-2003, 02:05 PM
Yeah, a 6# lower, chip, plugs, e-fan and cobra waterpump....

Old 08-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by kragle23
jarmstro,

Graford is about 60 miles due west of Ft. Worth, just northwest of Mineral Wells. Ever heard of Possum Kingdom Lake? That's where I'm at!

The thing about the meet is it is not until September, and you know how things go with this truck...Money's burning a hole in my pocket, and I want things now(I know, I know so impatient!!! )

Any other ideas???
Yep know where you are.... nice area.

I know about the burning hole cause I don't have any more pockets

The advantage of waiting is you can get everything installed and tuned at the track.

Sue & I will be in Ennis hope to see you there you can't miss us we will be in the Lightning along with at least 30 to 40 more 'Ls. Ennis has a big turn out cause it's the finals for the points.

Quick Reply: Quick questions about what to do