Lightning

Nitto's or F'1's??

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003 | 01:46 PM
|
Question Nitto's or F'1's??

I am doing a road course over the weekend and was wondering if I should use my Nitto 555r drag radials or the F'1s for the rear? I will be running the F'1s in the front.

Last time I went there I saw several different L's running on the Nitto's and F'1s.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of using the different tires for this type of racing?

Thanks.....

Old 08-14-2003 | 02:31 PM
Lot's of Camaro guys run the Nitto's on road courses.

I have run on the F1's for my limited engagements.

But I have "R" compound tires coming for my next endeavor.

Try them both ...

Old 08-14-2003 | 02:42 PM
I would go with F1's all the way around. The Nitto 555R sidewalls are not stiff enough for road coarse racing. It's designed for drag racing. However, the Nitto 555RII is designed for road course and autocross racing. They currently do not offer an 18" tire, although, I heard a rumor that they are coming out soon here -- but that thread dates back to March of 2002.

Old 08-14-2003 | 10:54 PM
I used the 555r drag tires on the back of the cobra for SCCA solo 1 /2. you need to let the vehicle settle into the tires a little, but they work alright. I found they would chunk up though. I use the RII roadrace compound now and am vey happy with the stiffer sidewall. try a few laps with each, watch your times and play w/ the air pressure.

Quick Reply: Nitto's or F'1's??