Lightning

Thanks to Justin@JDM

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003 | 11:54 AM
hey you guys can't question eatoncharged... he knows everything... HEHEHEHE

Old 08-29-2003 | 12:14 PM
I got $20 on eaton being the next one booted from the forum.

Anyone else want in on the action??

Odds he lasts:
-Under 1 week 3:2
-Over 1 week 4:1
-Over 2 weeks 10:1
-3+ weeks 15:1

To stay om topic..........Jim and crew have always taken care of me.

--Joe

Old 08-29-2003 | 12:14 PM
I never had a problem with JDM's service.

Old 08-29-2003 | 12:16 PM
The Mechanic at the Dealer that works on my truck is excellent and cares for my Truck as if it was his own.

On more than one occasion he has called JDM for help and Jim has been there to answer his questions.

Jim

Old 08-29-2003 | 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Justin@JDM
Have you ever ordered anything from us, I bet not. If so I want you to publicy describe the experience you've had with JDM.

Thanks,

Justin@JDM
Well, I have ordered many many thousands of dollars from you guys. Customer service is not a rule.
You want my experience? Okay. I ordered a flip chip on the 16th of April 2003. I never called to hassle you guys and you were aware many times that I didn't receive the chip through your local distributer. On the 60th day after the order I called my credit card company to cancel the $450 charge(which included 2nd day air ups delivery). You guys said that the chips were on national backorder. Yet this wasn't mentioned when you took the order for the chip that was supposed to be in my possesion 2 days later? Come to find out there was never a 60 day national backorder on superchips...
Don't even get me started on the 166 I paid for in early 2002 and never got...I was refunded the money for that in the fall of 2002...
at JDM customer service.
At an event or if you are close to the store it seems customer service may be good, but that is not the case with mail order with you guys.

Old 08-29-2003 | 12:23 PM
Originally posted by soap
I got $20 on eaton being the next one booted from the forum.

Anyone else want in on the action??

Odds he lasts:
-Under 1 week 3:2
-Over 1 week 4:1
-Over 2 weeks 10:1
-3+ weeks 15:1

To stay om topic..........Jim and crew have always taken care of me.

--Joe
I want in!!

Old 08-29-2003 | 12:27 PM
Originally posted by blown318
eatoncharged... he knows everything...
A 20 year old know-it-all, must be a Cyntax worshiper.

Old 08-29-2003 | 01:08 PM
Thumbs up JDM

I would like to say that I have never had anything short of topnotch customer service from JDM. All order for parts were handled in a most professional fashion and anytime I called with a question, I received an answer immediately. Thanks to all at JDM.

Old 08-29-2003 | 01:43 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally posted by easterisland
Well, I have ordered many many thousands of dollars from you guys. Customer service is not a rule.
You want my experience? Okay. I ordered a flip chip on the 16th of April 2003. I never called to hassle you guys and you were aware many times that I didn't receive the chip through your local distributer. On the 60th day after the order I called my credit card company to cancel the $450 charge(which included 2nd day air ups delivery). You guys said that the chips were on national backorder. Yet this wasn't mentioned when you took the order for the chip that was supposed to be in my possesion 2 days later? Come to find out there was never a 60 day national backorder on superchips...
Don't even get me started on the 166 I paid for in early 2002 and never got...I was refunded the money for that in the fall of 2002...
at JDM customer service.
At an event or if you are close to the store it seems customer service may be good, but that is not the case with mail order with you guys.
Leonard,

At the time you placed your order for a flip chip the sales guys did not know we were out of them and I did not know they were going to be on national backorder while they changed the design of the flip chip. On new chip orders it is usually a 2 day turn around time except during racing season sometimes that can go from two days to two weeks. You were immediately refunded your money and you cancelled the order. Now, lets get down to you getting a built short block from me that you broke and you know why you broke it so I built another short block and gave it to you below my cost, "way below" to help you out because you were a customer. When you were in Atlanta with your JL chip and your KB running 12.60's you asked me to help you out and I gave you chip which you ended up running 11.80's on. I didn't charge you for the reburn or the time I spent on your truck including datalogging it.

Now the 166's. Yup I opened my mouth. Bottom line, it came down to money which I could not afford to bring that supercharger to life at that time. Now that I am done with my big investment on our new aluminum blocks and our new supercharger that we have been testing which will be available to the public in the next six weeks and that's behind us we can afford to bring our supercharger to life.

PS- Seems like your just happy to see us at events when you have problems and we take care of them. Maybe what we should do from now on is just go to dinner and have a beer together instead of dealing with that Lightning stuff.

Jim@JDM

Old 08-29-2003 | 01:50 PM
Banned
Originally posted by unclemole
A 20 year old know-it-all, must be a Cyntax worshiper.
ya actually 19 i guess some of you show your age just by the way you talk.

Old 08-29-2003 | 01:59 PM
My experience with JDM has been pretty good. The only gripe I had is when I ordered the Stage 1 kit from them they forgot to burn the chip and sent me a blank one. But that got taken care of. At Atlanta FFW this year they were more than helpful installing my new spark plugs and #4 lower pulley. I would gladly do business with them again.

Old 08-29-2003 | 02:00 PM
Banned
Umm, im confused

I know Ford is coming out with an alumn 5.4 block for the Ford GT. So umm, why would you spend all of this money to make an alumn block, which btw, we dont need?

Wouldnt your investment be more cost effective for you to invest in say, a DOHC to Eaton manifold? Thus way, people can do a 32V conversion? I think that would be more profitable and have a much better market, Jim.

Lastly.. The 166 was a early prototype rear entry Eaton M112. It was scraped on the Lightning prototype truck because it wouldnt fit.

So, im guessing youre going to rebadge a Magnum Powers Ported Eaton Blower as a JDM blower now

Old 08-29-2003 | 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Jim@JDM
Leonard,

At the time you placed your order for a flip chip the sales guys did not know we were out of them and I did not know they were going to be on national backorder while they changed the design of the flip chip. On new chip orders it is usually a 2 day turn around time except during racing season sometimes that can go from two days to two weeks. You were immediately refunded your money and you cancelled the order. Now, lets get down to you getting a built short block from me that you broke and you know why you broke it so I built another short block and gave it to you below my cost, "way below" to help you out because you were a customer. When you were in Atlanta with your JL chip and your KB running 12.60's you asked me to help you out and I gave you chip which you ended up running 11.80's on. I didn't charge you for the reburn or the time I spent on your truck including datalogging it.

Now the 166's. Yup I opened my mouth. Bottom line, it came down to money which I could not afford to bring that supercharger to life at that time. Now that I am done with my big investment on our new aluminum blocks and our new supercharger that we have been testing which will be available to the public in the next six weeks and that's behind us we can afford to bring our supercharger to life.

PS- Seems like your just happy to see us at events when you have problems and we take care of them. Maybe what we should do from now on is just go to dinner and have a beer together instead of dealing with that Lightning stuff.

Jim@JDM
Blah, Blah, Blah...2 months chips backorder...Blah, Blah, Blah.

On the engine, well, I have my doubts on the reason why the rings broke on that motor. Most likely they were gapped wrong.

I had JL send me a chip for the KB. I dyno'd 567.4 rwhp and 640 ftlbs torque with it. With a 10.0:1 air fuel ratio.
You called and invited me down to Commerce to see if you could tune my truck better. I never ran my truck with your tune down in GA. Up here in KY the best I could get with your tune and race gas was a 11.64@119 with 26psi...
I am currently running the same JL mailorder chip I had to start with and I can hot lap 7.5's in the heat at the local track. So much for your tuning genius.

PS-I would never have drove the 6 hours down to Commerce unless you hadn't called me and invited me. When I ran down in Atlanta it was full weight and no slicks. I had no major problems with JL's mailorder chip. I still need to send it back so he can reburn and take out some fuel at WOT.

Old 08-29-2003 | 02:13 PM
Banned
Originally posted by eatoncharged
ya actually 19 i guess some of you show your age just by the way you talk.
there you go again, look what you just said. we already knew your age, why did ya tell us?

Old 08-29-2003 | 02:21 PM
Can't we all just get along. things are getting a little nasty in here.

Quick Reply: Thanks to Justin@JDM