Lightning

Ideas for a Front Bumper Push Bar ANYONE?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 12:27 AM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-24-2003, 12:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by easterisland
Usually the only time people cut me off is when I'm going over the speed limit anyway(all of the time everyday.) If they cut me off and I am speeding it is going to be my fault anyway...I haven't had a wreck in about the last 60K miles maybe I'm due for one. Or at least a ticket that I can't get out of.

I dunno about your state, but in Georgia, you are supposed to yield to all oncoming traffic when pulling into traffic. And you are also not supposed to hold up traffic. So if they pull out and you cream them, you should be OK.

Plus, no one can prove you were speeding anyways

Old 08-24-2003, 12:28 AM
WHAT!!! this is a street truck! go ahead and get a lift kit while your'e at it, maybe some pro-comp all terrain tires too. whatever floats your boat though. Like svt 150 said they will cause more damage. I has one on my 99 zr2 blazer. I was rear-ended and hit the car in front of me. I only would have messed up the valence and bumper, but with the baja style front bar I smashed the grille, headlights, and the top of the bar dented the crap out of my hood.

Old 08-24-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Speedin Bob

That guy rocks! Is that you Bob>??? -Mat-

Old 08-24-2003, 12:40 AM
Re: Ideas for a Front Bumper Push Bar ANYONE?

Originally posted by jmnodine
I"m going for style---not functionability
I have an idea -- DONT!!

The Lightning bumper is weak and unattractive. As a matter of fact, the whole truck is ugly. No chrome anywhere. No woodgrain vinyl. Hell, it doesn't even have pinstripes.

The Lightning is also unsafe and will not survive any accident of any kind. As an attorney, I advise you to sell your Lightning IMMEDIATELY. And I mean IMMEDIATELY.

Before you put some skanky-*ss hunk of chrome on the front. Or a gun rack. Or Yosemite Sam mud flaps. Or a jumping bass sticker. Or a rebel flag. Or dubs n' spinnaz. Or anything from JC Whitney.

Last edited by Tim Skelton; 08-24-2003 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:16 AM
There should be some kind of taste clause included in the contract to buy a lightning.

If you're going to put neon, spinners, monster tachs, carbon fiber stickers, lightning bolt stickers, etc... on the exterior, you should be castrated and whipped.

It's a shame there are some many L owners in Florida and the ones who spend the most sometimes have the least taste.

Old 08-24-2003, 01:30 AM
Do any of you think you might have been suckered? C'mon, this guy is a poser through and through and you guys just kept feeding him. He has 7 posts and just joined and this is his first question about modding.

Old 08-24-2003, 01:41 AM
Okay, before this thread attracts all the cartoon characters from F150 online, I was thinking maybe I"d like to add some front end crash protection the next time one of your old grandma's pulls out in front of me....

I consider myself a good driver, having been a former military policeman
I've got an idea. When somebody pulls out in front of you, take your foot off the accelerator and apply the brakes. I've been driving tractor trailers for 13 years now. I have had people pull out in front of me daily. I haven't hit anyone yet. Learn to expect people to do stupid ***** and you'll see it coming long before it happens. As an ex-MP, with the superhuman driving skills taught by the military, you should have no trouble with such a simple maneuver as slowing the hell down when it's necessary. Just a suggestion.

Old 08-24-2003, 02:20 AM

Last edited by Weezell; 08-24-2003 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-24-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by SVT F15O
That guy rocks! Is that you Bob>??? -Mat-
no, Speeding Bob is a sweatsuit kind of guy...

Old 08-24-2003, 05:32 PM
Arrrrghhh ... MY EYES !!!!

Mr. Skelton, are you available for a retainer case?

<grin>

Old 08-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Tim, don't be too hard on an old man:

[My L

Dan

Old 08-24-2003, 08:39 PM
No one said anything about mounting a push bar to a bumper. Someone started a topic about mounting it to the frame. And I think someone wanted one that didn't stick up too far past the bumper because their hood might get crumpled.

a poser? please fill me in sometime.

It does get kinda old when you have to slam on brakes for some grandma that pulls out in front of you, or like today, when a university teacher slammed into my L..... I"m glad this topic got some attention...unfortunately, very little has been creative. Like this:

"There should be some kind of taste clause included in the contract to buy a lightning. If you're going to put neon, spinners, monster tachs, carbon fiber stickers, lightning bolt stickers, etc... on the exterior, you should be castrated and whipped."

So please, stick to the topic. It isnt' that hard is it......
Oh btw, I did survive my little accident today,
~Mr. Lawyer.

Old 08-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Well I think as ford's truck performance flagship that lightnings should be tastefully modified.

Old 08-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Well, Mr. Nodine, make up your mind. Is it style you want? Or is it functionality?

Well, let's make it easy. Nothing that's not mounted on shock absorbers is going to have a meaningful impact in an impact. Functionality -- not.

The consensus is that any sort of chrome doodad on the front will be an affront to the good designers at Ford. Style -- not.

Would a cowcatcher snag on the speed bumps going into the trailer park?

Is that "creative" enough for you?

Quick Reply: Ideas for a Front Bumper Push Bar ANYONE?