Lightning

Ideas for a Front Bumper Push Bar ANYONE?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ideas for a Front Bumper Push Bar ANYONE?

Do any of you L owners have a Front Bumper Push Bar?? I have been trying to find one in chrome........one that isn't conventional like westin..... Think a police push bar would fit?
(I"m going for style---not functionability

Old 08-23-2003, 10:39 PM
Old 08-23-2003, 10:56 PM
You can't possibly be serious, can you?

If you are, look into one like the one shown in my gallery (Click link below) , it's what I push police around with

Old 08-23-2003, 10:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
(inappropriate image removed)
Fine, new pic then...

Last edited by zbornac; 08-24-2003 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in all seriousness though, why you want one of those?

-Kimball

Last edited by zbornac; 08-23-2003 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:29 PM
You may want to get some of the tail light guards while you are at it. Smitty built makes some nice ones from Stainless steel in case you go on safari or something...

Old 08-23-2003, 11:39 PM
Okay, before this thread attracts all the cartoon characters from F150 online, I was thinking maybe I"d like to add some front end crash protection the next time one of your old grandma's pulls out in front of me.... I don't like insurance companies. as for the taillight guards....

Old 08-23-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by jmnodine
Okay, before this thread attracts all the cartoon characters from F150 online, I was thinking maybe I"d like to add some front end crash protection the next time one of your old grandma's pulls out in front of me.... I don't like insurance companies. as for the taillight guards....
If that is your reasoning, let me say one thing. Back when I had my ZR2 Blazer it was in the body shop and I was talking to the guy about "crash" bars and "push" bars. He said they usually do more damage in an accident then they prevent. Just some food for thought. -Mat-

Old 08-23-2003, 11:54 PM
I consider myself a good driver, having been a former military policeman, but lately, I-75 going through Kentucky has been full of people who like to cut off this L. There has to be a push bar designed to stay in one spot when hitting another car.....I thought it was ridiculous too, til I saw the bottom front valance might uncover a good anchor point or two to the frame....

Old 08-24-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by jmnodine
I consider myself a good driver, having been a former military policeman, but lately, I-75 going through Kentucky has been full of people who like to cut off this L. There has to be a push bar designed to stay in one spot when hitting another car.....I thought it was ridiculous too, til I saw the bottom front valance might uncover a good anchor point or two to the frame....
If you could poss ever get a push bar that will not bend no matter what and bolt it to your frame, then your frame will bend in a major accident. No offense but I saw a Lightning with a chrome safari bar on it one day on the highway and it was ugly, please don't do it. We have insurance for a reason. If someone hits you they fix the truck. -Mat-

Old 08-24-2003, 12:04 AM
When people cut me off, instead of crashing into them I pass them on the shoulder.

Old 08-24-2003, 12:05 AM
yea I don't like any of the ones that have come out as far as grille guards and safari bars.....I was thinking of creating one myself...and getting it chromed..

Old 08-24-2003, 12:09 AM
smart move by a smart man easter......haven't you heard of staying in your own lane, cause if you wreck outside of your lane, I believe you're the one going to be at-fault. then again, that's why you pay insurance

Old 08-24-2003, 12:15 AM
"If you could poss ever get a push bar that will not bend no matter what and bolt it to your frame, then your frame will bend in a major accident. No offense but I saw a Lightning with a chrome safari bar on it one day on the highway and it was ugly, please don't do it. We have insurance for a reason. If someone hits you they fix the truck. -Mat- "

IF i was in a major accident, I"m sure the frame would've been bent whether or not I had this imaginary push bar on the front of my truck. Besides, aren't Ford frames notorious for not being able to be bent back into shape due to the hardness of their frame?

I was thinking about minor accidents.......did I say accidents? yea, a minor accident....

Old 08-24-2003, 12:16 AM
Usually the only time people cut me off is when I'm going over the speed limit anyway(all of the time everyday.) If they cut me off and I am speeding it is going to be my fault anyway...I haven't had a wreck in about the last 60K miles maybe I'm due for one. Or at least a ticket that I can't get out of.

Quick Reply: Ideas for a Front Bumper Push Bar ANYONE?