Lightning

Just got my Lotek 3 gauge pod...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Just got my Lotek 3 gauge pod...

...wtf??? I think they shipped the wrong pod. I did a test fit and first of all, I only have one screw. The upper screw is there with the cap however, there is no bottom screw nor hole where the screw would be located. The bottom piece that slides under the door seal is like 3" too long and the top does not fit at all. WTF!!! Anyone have the same problem? How could they forget a screw???

ARRRGGGGGGGG!!!

Jim

Old 09-02-2003, 06:00 PM
That is it!!! No I'm really ticked! Just went out to the garage to test fit it again thinking I'm crazy and that I was just not looking at it correctly. Well, the entire pod is about 1/2 to 1 inch too short. The bottom piece is too long and it looks nothing like the stock pillar. I'm sending this thing back asap!!!

Jim

Old 09-02-2003, 06:09 PM
I dont think your the first to have a problem with the lotek pod... I have a lotek myself and it fits fine for me. I've got a dual gauge pod... I dont know if I got a different one, or if I dont see the problem... But here's mine. You can't really see the top or the bottom if it's off by an inch or not. I will check it later today...

Shane

Old 09-02-2003, 06:31 PM

another pic of it... doesn't do much, but its lotek

Old 09-02-2003, 06:41 PM
My experience...

The pod really looked like it didn't fit till I twisted and turned it into position and then poof, it looked stock.

Dumb quesiton, but you are taking the stock pillar off, correct?

Coldie

Old 09-02-2003, 07:07 PM
Re: My experience...

Originally posted by Coldie
you are taking the stock pillar off, correct?
yep

Old 09-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the pics however, you are right, I can't tell if your's looks like mine at the top or bottom. I can tell you that your gauge pods don't go all the way into the rubber seal around the door opening like mine. It's hard to explain but the raised part of the pod where the guages go, on mine it goes all the way to the end of the pod where it fits into the seal. I think mine is all wrong! BTW, yes I am taking the stock pod off to test fit the lotek. I may have to end up going with a autometer and just covering the pillar. Thanks guys, I emailed them and hope that they send me out another, I can't believe I'm missing a screw and screw cap to boot.

Jim

Old 09-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Try number 3:

Still fits like crap, I tried bending, twisting and everything.

Reinstalled factory A pillar.

Conclusion, this thing just does not fit, it's too short!!! I just don't see what is so trival about making the pod mold exaclty the same as the stocker except for the pods. After all, you take the stocker off and use it as a guide to generate the mold. Myself being a computer programer/cad user. I just don't see the probablity of coming up with a mold that does not fit, if you model it off the stock pillar. This design looks nothing like the stock unit.

Hope I get this replaced with a quality piece.

Wish me luck,

Jim

Old 09-02-2003, 09:09 PM
To their credit...

That stupid piece has changed like three times, so they sometimes get the wrong one...

Yes, being a computer engineer I see no reason for an A-pillar plastic to change, but it does.

Coldie

Old 09-02-2003, 09:57 PM
Your probably right, I'll wait and see if they send one that fits. Just seems weird that the ends have to be different from the stock pillar.

Jim

Old 09-03-2003, 02:38 PM
I sent them an email asking for a replacement or a refund and have not got a response. Also, I tried calling them, they are located in NC, and I have not been able to get an answer (no answering machine). I hope I didn't get screwed.

Jim

Old 09-03-2003, 07:30 PM
Just got one from them about 3 weeks ago and mine fit perfect. Think it fit better than some other people that have the same one. Sounds like you got the wrong one or something.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:37 PM
yeah, mine fits fine on the top, but on the bottom, there is like an 1/8th of an inch of a gap... from where I sit you can just see the vaccuum lines and the power wire for the gauges if you really look closely... otherwise it looks fine from any other position I think. Thanks, Shane

Quick Reply: Just got my Lotek 3 gauge pod...