Lightning

Why are people so JELOUS!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003 | 11:24 AM
Originally posted by blowntruck
Nobody focked with my Lightning when I was 16 and in HS. They knew better.
Yeah, it wasn't til you got into college that that girl hit-and-run'd you in the parking lot

Old 09-04-2003 | 11:27 AM
Ya aint that a bitch?

Old 09-04-2003 | 11:42 AM
I am so glad to be out of High School.

Dude that sucks. Like it was said, just lay low, find out who it was, and let the cops handle it.

He may whoop your *** which won't be good.

If you whoop his ***, maybe he'll retaliate and come back after you or your truck with his friends. Again not good.

Jerry and Doug - I've been out of HS for around 8 or 9 years now and between 3 schools of people I knew only new 1 person got a brand new car. Times are changing quicker as the years go by.

Old 09-04-2003 | 11:51 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
It may not have been someone at your school.
It was probably one the those old jealous Lightning owners.

or maybe your Dad. Do you ever even let him drive the truck?

Old 09-04-2003 | 12:11 PM
It may not have been someone at your school.
It was probably one the those old jealous Lightning owners.
Finally, someone actually spelled "jealous" correctly.

Old 09-04-2003 | 12:17 PM
Sorry all you "old folks" but I am 20, and got my L when I was 19. I am paying for it MYSELF, paying for the insurance MYSELF, paying for the gas MYSELF, and paying for mods MYSELF. I got to school, and have a full time job that I bust my a$$ at so I can have my truck, and anything else that I need. No one has gave me anything

I know that a certain moderator seems to have a problem with the younger generation, and seems to always bring it up

Old 09-04-2003 | 12:27 PM
I think it is great when any 18 year old or older pays for his/her truck themselves and gas, insurance and mods as well as paying the rent on their own place and their own bills on their own place. If your not living on your own then your not paying for your truck by yourself, your parents are helping you…

On another note it sucks that people have to screw with others things. No need for it especially someone's vehicle. Man you can touch my X-wife all you want but don't even think about touching my truck or I'll make you look at my X-wife for 24 hrs...

Old 09-04-2003 | 12:32 PM
Originally posted by C BROWN
Sorry all you "old folks" but I am 20, and got my L when I was 19. I am paying for it MYSELF, paying for the insurance MYSELF, paying for the gas MYSELF, and paying for mods MYSELF. I got to school, and have a full time job that I bust my a$$ at so I can have my truck, and anything else that I need. No one has gave me anything

I know that a certain moderator seems to have a problem with the younger generation, and seems to always bring it up
I just shared a story from my youth.
Jerry and I were both posting our experiences with the cars we had at your age, I know Im jealous of any kid that can afford a lightning.

My issue is that most of the moderation I have to do is due to the actions of kids, or people acting like kids. Doesnt matter if your 17 or 47 if you act like you are 13 it becomes a problem.

Dont act like a child and there is no problem...

If you do a search I posted a year or 2 ago what it costs to own and maintain a Lightning. The summary of it was if you are paying for it yourself and you are living on your own it requires an income of about 45k a year.... I wish I had that kind of income when I was a kid.

Doug

Old 09-04-2003 | 12:42 PM
I don't think that's the issue.
I think it's more like, being in High School is when you're still a kid.
It's a time in life that you should still be able to enjoy the benefits of being young, and not the burdens of being older.
Some of the guys have expressed their opininions about when they were there in the 70's driving P.O.S's because that's all they could afford (and I was one of those guys too), and now that we're older, strapped with mortgages, bills, car payments, child support etc, what we would give to be able to go back to being 18 again without all these responsibilities and financial obligations.
If I were 18 again, I wouldn't dream of taking on the burden of supporting a Lightning. I'd enjoy being a kid while it lasts!
There is plenty of time later for all the rest and believe me it comes soon enough.
As for those who have been lucky enough to have had their parents just give them and L, well, it's very difficult for me to respect that. I've had to work for and pay for everything I've ever had in life including the broken down '68 Ford Cortina I had the buy from my Parents for $400 bucks when I was in high school (I wish I had owned a car as nice as a 67 Camaro)

Last edited by seattlesnake; 09-04-2003 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-04-2003 | 12:46 PM
people screw with your stuff in some way or another no matter when. These kinds of people are like bacteria. There job is to tear down the world. Of course, they are bacteria so they don't know WHY they tear our stuff up. They are just bacteria so they feel compelled to spread rott.

They don't stop to consider why you got that truck (hard work, discipline). They don't have either. SCUM is formed by bacteria doing its job.

STUPID as bacteria is all they are.

Old 09-04-2003 | 01:31 PM
You should have seen the Camero. I paid $850.00 for it in 1973 and sold it with a flat camshaft for $650.00 two years later. I even installed **** carpet in it. My parents had it left over from new carpet installed in our house. I wish I still had that car since I could afford to make it perfect now, but back in the 10th grade it was a POS!

Jerry

Old 09-04-2003 | 01:48 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
I read through all of the responses.

It was Jerry.

Old 09-04-2003 | 01:59 PM
I confess!

Old 09-04-2003 | 02:49 PM
As for those who have been lucky enough to have had their parents just give them and L, well, it's very difficult for me to respect that.
that sad that you judge people that way.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's goods....(take that as a religous statement or just a suggestion for a happy life)

i have a hard time respecting people that can afford to either help out or loan there child money to buy a descent car ($4000 to $6000 used) but choice to spend the money on more stuff for themself. probalby the same people who get all pi$$ed off at their 3 year old for not sharing a toy that you got for them.

Old 09-04-2003 | 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
Jerry

Its hard for me to comprehend. In high school driving a 30k truck with $1200 tires, that gets 12 mpg..
I was in high school right about the same tiime as you... I drove a beater 6 cyl rust bucket firebird my Senior year. The alternator was out. I couldnt afford one and so I charged the battery every night in the driveway. As long as I used NO accessories I could drive it 20 or 30 miles easy and start it 2 or 3 times off one charge. I thought I was hot **** ...
Just a different mindset I guess...
Sure helps me appreciate the Truck I have now.
Doug
Bah ... at least you guys had nice american iron ... I had
to drive around town in a 1948 Volkswagen ... at least it
was a convertible ... and it had magnetic turn signals in
the body, predating our outside mirror signals by decades.

Maybe everyone is JEALOUS cause this fella's in High School
and caint spel yit ...

Quick Reply: Why are people so JELOUS!!!!!!!