Lightning

for those with an innovation pro-sport lid

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003 | 02:32 PM
|
for those with an innovation pro-sport lid

the rear dirvers side corner of my cover has apparently worn into my bed. it had rubbed through the paint, and into the fiberglass in the bed. has this happened to anyone else? what should i do about it? i'll try to post a pic later

Old 09-04-2003 | 02:37 PM
i have the pro sport and yes it has worn off some of the pain on the bed. you cant see it when its close but it looks like **** when its open. i hope it doesnt start wearing through the fiberglass.

Old 09-04-2003 | 03:54 PM
Do you guys think the bed cover could be fixed so that it wouldn't rub? Where did you guys buy yours from and how much were they cause i'm really interested? Thanks!

Old 09-04-2003 | 04:48 PM
|
there should be a way to fix it, but i figured i'd ask before i tried to engineer something. i bought mine from TRex Truck Accessories in El Paso, TX, and they frieghted it to me in Houston. just call innovation and ask where the closest dealer to you is and call them up. their number is on their website:
http://innovationfiberglass.com/

Old 09-04-2003 | 05:03 PM
Mine fits perfectly no paint rubbing at all. Although everyone else I know that has one (about 5 others) have the paint rubbing problem. Maybe it could be realigned properly? I dunno.

Old 09-04-2003 | 05:21 PM
I had one, and it rubbed throug the paint on both sides...

The common fix that I have seen is to glue a thin strip of rubber (Like 1/8" thick) on the underneath side of the cover so that it rests on the rubber when you close it and will hold the cover up ever so slightly, but just enough for it not to rub on the bed...

-Dale

Old 09-04-2003 | 07:22 PM
brain bypass

Did your innovation lid come with this mounting hardware?

Old 09-05-2003 | 07:29 AM
Unhappy

I have an Innovation Pro Sport lid. It has rubbed the paint off both corners of the rear fenders and the tailgate. I plan on removing it this winter and doing some major rework.

After owning a Snug Lid & a Pro Sport, I recommend the Snug Lid HANDS DOWN.

Just my .02.

Jake...

Old 09-05-2003 | 02:21 PM
|
litnfast,
yeah mine has the same hardware.

i was thinking of adjusting it, and glueing some rubber onthe corners. but it has been raining like a biatch. i'll try it this weekend. i am just pissed that it has started to wear through the fiberglass on the bed. dammit!

Old 09-05-2003 | 02:32 PM
should have got an ARE. They have adjustable bump stops on the frame which prevent paint rub when adjusted properly.

Old 09-05-2003 | 05:55 PM
Originally posted by brain bypass
litnfast,
yeah mine has the same hardware.

i was thinking of adjusting it, and glueing some rubber onthe corners. but it has been raining like a biatch. i'll try it this weekend. i am just pissed that it has started to wear through the fiberglass on the bed. dammit!
I would be pissed to if my lid was rubbing the paint off. I have heard of this happening to others before. I must have got lucky as my pro-sport has fit perfect from day one. Good luck with yours I hope its an easy fix

Quick Reply: for those with an innovation pro-sport lid