Lightning

How much for Brembos brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003 | 10:50 PM
Thanks Jerry

Don't think anyone took it to mean a problem with the brakes but I do appreciate that.

I'd do what ohters have suggested here and track this sucker down.

Rears; the fit of a vented rotor would be fine but the need for a different caliper comes into play also given the width issue. The 'plan' for me is .81 vented with a modest four piston caliper. Still there is that fit thing....It might have to still be 13" in diameter to do anything at all! A caliper only upgrade is more of a bling-thing than function. That's ok, just not over rated for performance.

Old 03-10-2004 | 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Tim Skelton
Okay. Now it's time for me to throw some more stuff against the wall.

I have always thought that my truck has incredibly bad pedal feel. The pedal has been spongy from day 1 (I much prefer the immediacy and firmness of Porsche brakes).

When at a stop with the engine running, it takes little pressure to bottom out the master cylinder. Granted, if you applied this much pressure while running, the ABS would kick in. But it still seems to me that the pedal should require much more effort. All of the free play bugs me also. I would like to be able to just touch the brakes to begin slowing. I rented a Focus one day. The first time I put on the brakes, I almost went through the windshield. Just the way I like it.

Ok I'm reading about brakes so BTTT.

I couldn't have described this any better. This is exactly how I feel. I get a basic focus loaner when I drop the L off for service and the brake feel in that car rocks.

The L stock brakes feel mushy and soft. I sometimes feel they don't react quick enough, takes alot of pedal travel to get them to really bite it seems. When I tap the brakes I want it the car to slow down! I can't even get the ABS to come on anymore.. My brakes are shot.

I ordered a TCE Kit tonight, No more fade for me Thank You.

Even the Pedal feel in my 87 Turbo Buick with 10 inch front discs and *GASP* Drums in the back will literally throw you through the windshield with a quick tap of the brakes. I don't understand how a truck with these big *** brakes can't even come close to that.

Last edited by TTA89; 03-10-2004 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-10-2004 | 09:33 PM
Mike, et al ...

Back when I had stock brakes, I took the truck in
4 or 5 times to see WTF was the matter with the
pedal going to the floor on occassion.

I surely thought that they hadn't bled the dayum
brakes after putting new rotors on all four corners.

The head mechanic and I bled them again. So I was
pretty sure it was not the air.

Still soft..... Ford says it is normal ... But your all right
when you say the Focus has better drivabilty in the
brake dept.

A $33,000 truck shouldn't stop like a porsche, but it
should stop better than it does !!!

I also think the back brakes are pretty good stock. They
just don't do that much work to justify the expense of
custom fitment IMHO.

Cliff

Quick Reply: How much for Brembos brakes?