Lightning

Lightning FEST Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003 | 01:32 AM
Thumbs up pics & vids from lightningfest

i have a few pics & vids up for now.. the vids are from my digital camera (read- kinda crappy) i'll have the vids from my digital camcorder up ASAP!

pics:
http://www.superlightning.com/LFest03/

vids: (right click on the video & select "save target as", then watch it)
http://www.superlightning.com/LFest03vids/

here's my favorite pic!

Old 10-02-2003 | 01:30 PM
I need one of those for my confederate flag.

Old 10-04-2003 | 12:27 PM
anyone got any pics of Ron's (jagged edge) black truck?

Old 10-04-2003 | 12:48 PM
i got one of the rear end setup..

Old 10-04-2003 | 06:38 PM
thats not Rons thats REMs...i wanna see pics of the black truck with the rollbar that melted the motor? how come there are no pics of it? photographer moderator?

Old 10-05-2003 | 11:09 AM
|
Originally posted by AutoPCSystems
thats not Rons thats REMs...i wanna see pics of the black truck with the rollbar that melted the motor? how come there are no pics of it? photographer moderator?
I took about 600 pictures. DoOnt recall any close ups of Rons, but you are welcome to look. See link earlier in this thread.

I did have a drink with him at the Hotel bar doesn that count ?? LOL

- Nice Guy too bad about lifting the head...

Doug

Old 10-06-2003 | 03:08 AM
Old 10-07-2003 | 06:11 PM
Great job Doug

You did good. Too bad for the third time at an event where hundreds of photos are taken there is not one photo of my truck. Why??? As silly as it may seem I am insulted, but you must have your reasons. Did I ever do anything to you?
Anyway I am posting a picture of my new ride. There are only 381 of these made so it will be easy for you to avoid getting a photo of one.

Thanks
Ron

Old 10-07-2003 | 08:04 PM
|
Re: Great job Doug

Originally posted by jagged edge
You did good. Too bad for the third time at an event where hundreds of photos are taken there is not one photo of my truck. Why??? As silly as it may seem I am insulted, but you must have your reasons. Did I ever do anything to you?
Anyway I am posting a picture of my new ride. There are only 381 of these made so it will be easy for you to avoid getting a photo of one.
Thanks
Ron
yeah Ron its a conspiracy ...

If you look the majority of the pictures are taken at track side.
If you make it thru 3 rounds of qualifying and 1 round of eliminations I am almost guaranteed to have a pic of your truck.

Unfortunately you went out early with head issues ...
Doug

PS- I just went and did a quick count - Just at the FFW events this year and last year and Lfest I have almost 30,000 digital pictures. It took me forever to go thru all those and delete the ones of your truck before I posted them.

Last edited by Silver_2000; 10-08-2003 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-08-2003 | 05:49 AM

yeah, you're right.. thats pretty silly.

Old 10-08-2003 | 09:34 AM
|
Some folks have asked for a picture/poster of the group picture with Pops truck in it ...

Well heres the deal I posted the group picture I took on Ofoto.

You are welcome to order your self a print of the picture. But PLEASE if you like the picture PLEASE consider sending NLOC a couple bucks $10 or $15 or more to help cover their shortfall.
Paypal Nan@nloc.net

An 8x10 from DRP costs $35 and the DRP poster cost $75 I think

The Ofoto prices are here.

4 x 6" $0.49
5 x 7" $0.99
8 x 10" $3.99
16 x 20" $17.99
20 x 30" $22.99
Wallets $1.79

So you can see that this is a GREAT deal -

I ordered a couple samples -The Ofoto prints are GREAT - On Great paper. - If anyone one Dallas wants a 16x20 Ill be happy to get rid of one for the My cost incl Shipping and Tax

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?U...9804605&page=1

One thing to remember is that My picture was taken with a 2mp camera so 20x30 Poster size it doesn't blow up as well as the DRP 6mp picture - But Hanging on the wall you cant tell if you are 2 feet away.

Doug

Old 10-08-2003 | 10:31 AM
Re: Re: Great job Doug

Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
yeah Ron its a conspiracy ...

If you look the majority of the pictures are taken at track side.
If you make it thru 3 rounds of qualifying and 1 round of eliminations I am almost guaranteed to have a pic of your truck.

Unfortunately you went out early with head issues ...
Doug

PS- I just went and did a quick count - Just at the FFW events this year and last year and Lfest I have almost 30,000 digital pictures. It took me forever to go thru all those and delete the ones of your truck before I posted them.
I figured it would be a big joke to you.
There wasn't a need for your sarcastic smart a$$ remarks. Sorry about that, it was not intentional, was all that needed to be said.
If you ever wonder why so many people hate and wish you harm, you've hit the nail on the head with this post.
Get well soon.
JE

Old 10-08-2003 | 10:44 AM
Ron must've had some pretty extreme detonation to melt all 8 plugs and push the head gaskets out. Congrats anyway on the new Cobra purchase, its wicked. You're a standup guy for paying out of your own pocket to replace the engine for the new owner of the truck...you're the man Ron!
Am I having fun yet... No!
The final straw was Saturday at Lightningfest sitting at the tree, competing against the tuner of my chip for a prize of thousand dollars. I am not suggesting any impropriety took place, but one can't help but think of a real conflict of interest.
As it turned out my engine had a major head melt down due to a off the chart
A/F caused by a chip that worked fine many times before. I did add 2 pounds of boost but to compensate, I ran 118 octane race gas. In the first 330 feet of the track it burned off all 8 plugs and melted both heads causing both head gaskets to let go. I changed the plugs three days before and the old plugs showed a normal burn and if anything maybe a tiny bit rich. Earlier testing showed a A/F of 12.5 on the dyno and 11.5 on my wide band which is more accurate than a dyno tail pipe sniffer. I tried to get the chip recalibrated before the race like the tuners were doing to their chips but they were too busy getting ready to race us and take the prize money and or bragging rights.
The worst part is that after my engine melt down 1400 miles from home not one of them offered any assistance or advise of any kind. They literally turned their back on me. After grabing my tuner by the arm so he could not walk away from me, he turned and said it was the engine builder's fault, James at Race Related, Inc. I didn't think it was anybodys fault at that time and I know now for sure it isn't... it is just something that happened. I' ll never be as sure as that tuner blaming who ever wasn't there... the truck is not talking.
So I decided since I can't count on these tuners for more than list of people I can blame, I sold the Lightning in Topeaka and came home with a brand new SVT 10th Anniversary Edition Cobra, and I will not make the same mistake by counting on these guys again. They have there own agenda and believe me your not included.
I love the car, it's fun to drive and I plan to keep it that way.
Thanks
JE

BTW anything that James of Race Related may have not gotten right he made right no questions asked and never a blame placed on others nor did he ever turn his back on me when there was a problem

Old 10-08-2003 | 10:47 AM
|
Re: Re: Re: Great job Doug

I figured it would be a big joke to you.
There wasn't a need for your sarcastic smart a$$ remarks. Sorry about that, it was not intentional, was all that needed to be said.
If you ever wonder why so many people hate and wish you harm, you've hit the nail on the head with this post.
Get well soon.
JE
I'm sorry to hear about your truck. But keep in mind I didnt have naything to do with its issues..

You really expect me to aplogise for NOT taking your picture ?
In my mind an apology might be in order if you had asked me ( or paid me ) to take one and I didnt.

So you can take a shot at me and the hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars I spend taking pictures of trucks ... And I cant reply with some tongue in cheek sarcasm ?

So what we have here looks like a misunderstanding on both sides. If people hate me for defending myself then **** em.

Edit- After thinking about it - I dont understand where people get the gall to EXPECT a picture. If you go to an NFL game do you send an email complaining to ESPN because they didnt put you on the jumbotron ? I just dont get it ...

Last edited by Silver_2000; 10-08-2003 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-08-2003 | 10:54 AM

Thanks
Ron
i think its because you are from F L A, or something

i who's "tune" was in your truck when it went bad...

'cough' JDM 'cough cough'

i heard that all tuners present were a great help to you when your motor went south [sarcasm]

Quick Reply: Lightning FEST Pictures