Lightning

L seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question L seat covers

Thinking about getting seat covers has anyone got them on their L? and if so can you show me some pics? Where is the best place to get some? are they easy to put on yourself? how much do a cheap set usally run?

Scott

Old 09-27-2003, 04:14 PM
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ht=seat+covers

These are the best-but they aint cheap.

Old 09-27-2003, 04:58 PM
L seat covers,

I went to a seat place the other day and looked at some denim jean covers,same pattern as stock seats.Price=$160.00.
Ill try to find the site and get back to u.

Old 09-27-2003, 04:59 PM
HERES THE SITE.

WWW.AUTOSEATS.COM

Old 09-27-2003, 05:09 PM
Right here, the best you can get, in my opinion:
www.wetokole.com

Old 09-27-2003, 05:27 PM
The way I went was Wet Okole. I have had them in my L for a few months now and thay look as good, fit as tight as they did from day of install. Got about 6,500 miles on the Okole covers.
I get comment pretty much daily on the Okole's.

Read below my original posts on my Okole install:

Well, I just ordered the OKOLE neoprene seat covers direct from OKOLE. http://www.wetokole.com. They are custom made to fit my '03 L which has the 60/40 seat with armrest. I got light gray with black sides. Got the Lightning logo in black. Total shipped was about $300+- to include shipping. By the way, for those in the military, Okole will give you a 10% discount but they do have you fax them a copy of your current military ID. As for the seat coverss I have heard they fit great and hold up/wear well. My sons and I do alot of ATV riding in the Summer so I decided seat covers were a good idea. $300+- is not a bad investment / insurance. I found " the sales guy "Sergio" to be pleasant and helpful. He does not work on commission so he offers no pressure to buy and takes his time figuring out waht is best for you. As for the L, he can fit new and older versions, just be sure to be very clear your year and seat configuration as well as colors you want.. I will post here in a couple of weeks about how I like or dislike the covers. My guess is I will like. Oh, they said the install of the seat covers can be done without removal of the seats. Bill in NY

Well, my Wet OKole Seat Covers arrived today 10 days after ordering them. Product was nicely packed and there were instruction sheets regarding install, maintenance, etc.. It took an hour to install them. No seat removal or special tools necessary. Only mishap I had was a nice cut on my finger (no sutures necessary) while installing the first cover. Damn metal slides under seat are very sharp. (A tip I found after the cut is to wear a pair of surgical gloves -latex gloves- during the install as your hands slip over the neoprene easily when tucking them in, etc.) Anyway, an hour and yes I broke a sweat getting them on. Trying to squeeze big hands under seats to fasten the tie down straps was the hardest part. The Okoles fit like a glove, a perfectly fitting glove. Look great, feel terrific and so much protection for the stock seats. The Okoles look like they were/are factory seat coverings. When you get an aftermarket product like this you don't feel so bad dropping the bucks. I can't say I found a single problem, something I did not like about the covers. Now, time will tell how much I like the covers on the long haul so to speak. Oh, I got the black outer with the gray inner panels and the "Lightning" graphic. The complete 60/40 seat is covered as well as the stock center console. YES, you can still open and clost the console as the console cover is a two piece deal and the console cover release is accessible and again consoles can open and close as it did uncovered. As for smell........ yup, they smell like neoprene and it is not at all a bad smell though different then the factory new smell. Have had a few people see and sit on them and ALL comments were very positive.

Last edited by billarf; 09-27-2003 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:27 PM
Just want to say thank you for the help, those seat covers look AMAZING! I will deffently be getting a set.

Thanks again!!

Old 09-27-2003, 06:35 PM
They are very cool covers. Mine are black with red in the middle. Do yourself a favor and get "Lightning" written in the covers. I didn't and thats the only regret I've had w/ em.

One big thing, if you get a bright type of color. Try not to park in direct sunlight. It will fade them.

It took me 3 weeks to get mine. That was over a year ago though.

Quick Reply: L seat covers