Lightning

Rear end problems or truck tracks

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003 | 03:52 PM
FuB
|
Rear end problems or truck tracks

Recently It sounds like I'm having rear end problems...thuds when turning into a driveway and from stop and go. But after looking at my truck tracks it seems the passanger side one is scratching against my exhaust pipe.....could this be my problem?

Old 09-27-2003 | 05:05 PM
If you know that the TT is touching(even slightly) the pipe, that's the problem. If you have the room, move the TT back more.

Dan

Old 09-27-2003 | 05:47 PM
Re: Rear end problems or truck tracks

Originally posted by FuB
Recently It sounds like I'm having rear end problems...thuds when turning into a driveway and from stop and go. But after looking at my truck tracks it seems the passanger side one is scratching against my exhaust pipe.....could this be my problem?
You evidently have the Truck Tracs positioned wrong. Re-adjust the Truck Tracs on BOTH sides. Start with the passenger side. Move the TT enough so the snubber is centered on the leaf spring, hits up near the spring eye on the leaf spring but does not hit the eye. Then, look over the clearance between the TT and the exhaust and move just enough so you have clearance/do not hit. Then tighten and re-check AFTER passenger side is done go to other side and place the TT in the same position as the passenger side. AFTER you get both sides done place a bit of chalk or white grease on top of each snubber and do a test run. (Listen for that scraping noise you had before adjust) Look for white mark on snubbers to determine if they are hitting in the right place. By the way, best snubber gap between top of snubber and leaf spring is 1 1/4 - 1 1/2" unless at the track where you might want less of a gap.

Quick Reply: Rear end problems or truck tracks