Lightning

Got the truck back running this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003 | 01:41 PM
|
Got the truck back running this weekend!

It started out not so hot. Starting last week, I got the wrong rotors and I tried putting them on and didnt realize they were wrong, till after I repacked the bearings and put the wheel back on. The lugs wouldn't go on! I ordered the new rotors and they came in the other day. In the mean time my idler pulley came in and I started installing that. But I cracked a bolt off in my idler frame... So I had to pull that off the motor and bring it to a machine shop and have it backed out. ($20 only...)
I got that back fixed Friday, so I went to town at it for a 2nd time. I got my idlers on no problem and I even put on my intake spacer. That wasnt that hard at all. I was able to bend the pipe with the bottom still in place. The hardest part was tightening the last bolt on the driver side on the plenum. Even without the spacer it was tough, now with it being even higher up, it was really tough. But I got the bolts back on, and the intake back on. I was able to use the belt I was using, so I got the belt back on, and was done with under the hood. While I had the truck in the garage and the tools out. I put on my new rotors. That was so easy after all it was my 3rd time doing them! (first swap the rotors were wrong, so I had to put the original ones back on. that's twice then the new rotors, that's 3!) So I got to be pretty good at it, I knew what tools to use and I knew exactly how to do it. While I had the rotor off, I sprayed the calipers red. They look real nice. I put the rotors on and did the same to the back. All 4 rotors red look real nice. I will have to get pics of it and post sometime. It's great to get all that done and to be back on the road!
Thanks for all your help.
Shane

Old 09-28-2003 | 01:53 PM
Glad to hear all is well, and she's up + running Shane

Quick Reply: Got the truck back running this weekend!