Lightning

Got my a$$ handed to me...but it was a worthy cause

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
swiseuf -

I just saw that you live in Ocala. I grew up close to there (Inverness) and I go to ocala every now and then when i visit the area. Was the cobra the blue with white stripes? If so, I bet i know who it was and i have sat in that very car. It does have a 427 and it's one of the meanest cars i've ever seen. The owner also has a Viper GTS blue with stripes to match (he runs juice on the Viper). Out of curosity, I've seen a black lightning in ocala with a checker flag design on it, is that you?

Old 09-30-2003, 06:27 AM
I would have loved to be killed by a AC. I heard that some of the kit cars are running 9's. You stuff the 514 Ford Crate motor in it (do some extra mods) and have the 9" rear and it's a beast!!!

That car still has the jaw drop look!!!!

Old 09-30-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Double Venom
Gentlemen,

May I extend an open invitation to drop in and join us. Even better, cruise in to central Ohio the latter part of June. We host the largest Cobra gathering, in the world. Take a ride in the Cobra of your choice, and I do mean a ride!

Hell No I aint taken the bate,
You Cobra guys just want us L's to come down so you
can race a worthy opponent, then your gonna whoop our
a$$'s right there in front of everyone, take movies of it even.
Next thing you know the pictures are all over the internet, and kids will be laughing at us at red lights.
HELL NO I WON'T GO

I'm just kidding of course Double Venom,
Thats mighty nice of you to post here and then invite us to
your wonderful event. Some of the differant Car/Truck Community's don't get along very well, but here it's differant,
when it comes to Z-06's, Cobra's and Viper's, we all share a common ground, We got us some of the fastest schitt on the Planet

Since my style has always been CLEAN + MEAN, I am very much drawn to the Speed and Beauty of a Cobra. May I add,
Yours sounds like one I can only dream of someday owning

Old 09-30-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Viper8
swiseuf -

I just saw that you live in Ocala. I grew up close to there (Inverness) and I go to ocala every now and then when i visit the area. Was the cobra the blue with white stripes? If so, I bet i know who it was and i have sat in that very car. It does have a 427 and it's one of the meanest cars i've ever seen. The owner also has a Viper GTS blue with stripes to match (he runs juice on the Viper). Out of curosity, I've seen a black lightning in ocala with a checker flag design on it, is that you?
No, my lightning is Dark Shadow Grey and the Cobra was Navy Blue with white stripes, but I have seen the paint job (possibly) you are speaking of. If you ever do get down to Inverness any time soon, there is an awesome car show in the Villages square the third saturday of every month. It draws some beautiful rides from all over central Florida FYI-its worth checking out.

Old 10-01-2003, 07:36 AM
If anyone wants to follow the "Double Venom Spring Fling" you can simply check out www.DVSF.com You can make donations to CF, check the upcoming schedules, and all the events that will be going on. I hate it when they call it a "car show"! It aint no car show, but we do like to show off for three days!

This picture...if it works here, is our first Viper powered Cobra, resulting in our unique name

For all that do plan on joining us, we aren't out to embarrass anyone! It's a "Family" thing and we call it a picnic. Bring the wife, kids, girlfriends, heck bring all three if you have the heart and soul! I don't even allow washing or waxing for the weekend! We ride and we drive and we party all over central Ohio for the weekend. Last year we had cars and people come in from every state in the union except Hawaii. We've even had guys AND their wives from England, New Zealand and Australia join us.

If you guys should decide to form your own group to come, I assure you I will find appropriate parking for everyone!

DV...Smoke-em if you can

Old 10-01-2003, 11:02 AM
How's this for a nice daily driver?

Last edited by MaxTorque02; 10-01-2003 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:49 AM
What kinda jerk would park in a handi cap spot!!!!

Old 10-01-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by whip
What handi cap zone?

Awwwh. The magic of photo editing. I wish I could do that in real life.

Old 10-01-2003, 07:07 PM
It's the only place I park

You don't think I've kept my Blk L dingless and dentless for almost 2 yrs in NY from squeezy inbetween two explorers
with rug rats flying the doors open
DO YOU ???

Old 10-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Hello, I'm another cobra owner. I first want to say thank you for letting us post on your site ! Your welcome to Club Cobra also. I have a story to share. A little info about my cobra. I built it in 2002. I bought an orignal 1966 428 FE engine from Carroll Shelby. He built it for a customer & he ended up wrecking it three months later & bought back the drive train. I built it for the street as an almost daily driver. (the ONLY way to go) ! Dynoed at 501 hp & 550 torque. Tremec TKO tranny, Ford 9", Currie pumpkin, custom four link with a panhard bar. I'm an old drag racer & had to see what it would do at the track. Perfect weather day. Ran 10.398 at 127 mph. 60 ft. time was 3.88 with slicks. (other wise NO traction)! The story....the first car show I entered was the Jerry Lewis telethon for Muscular Distrophy. A great young teen boy with this MS was the Ambassador. He picked my car as best of show. He said that the cobra is his all time favorite car. I asked if he wanted a ride, he replied YES....PLEASE ! I picked he up off his wheel chair, placed him in the seat & buckled the (he said cool....racing belts) ! I asked if he wanted to go fast or slow, he replied...FAST. As I dumped the clutch, smoking the tires for apx. 60 ft., I watched him to see how he was doing, he the grasped my leg & said ALRIGHT ! I backed off the throttle & we then went for a mild cruise. We returned back to the show & we were live on TV comming up the entrance. My wife, sister & his mother were crying with excitment & everyone clapping. When we stoped he said, thank you for making my dream ride come true. I admit..I shed a tear. His mother gave me a hug & whispered, thank you, we don't think Brian has much time left. We kept in contact by email. Sadly, Brian surcumed to his illness two months ago. We attended his funeral. His mother gave me a picture that the TV station had taken with Brian & I in the Cobra. It's now framed & in the center of my photo wall in my den. I now never need another trophy, I got mine.... he's in my heart forever. I'm not telling you this for me, it's about a great young man with a handicap that fell in love with cars.....Cobras !

(I have the photo of the two of us if I can set up a album here otherwise I can send to one of you to post.)
Thanks,
Kev.

Old 10-03-2003, 12:58 AM

I'm thinking the "jerk" may be that dude with the orange/red? shirt sitting in the wheel chair just behind the car.

Rocks

Old 10-03-2003, 01:05 AM
FUNFER2

I don't post all that often, and I don't even have a lightning or a cobra, but I just had to say that was a wonderful story. You obviously have a big heart. The world needs more like you.

Ox

Old 10-03-2003, 01:36 AM
Thank you OX but, I'm not the hero here.....Brian is. He was a curagious young man to indore life with a handicap but, he never let that stop him from enjoying a very happy & productive life. I wish I were half the man he was. He has been a guest on such shows as, Ophra, David Letterman, Jay Leno ect... and of course, the Jerry Lewis telethon program and going across the USA promoting life as a person with MD.
Kev

Old 10-03-2003, 01:42 AM
I now have the photos in my album. I think ? hehe!

Old 10-03-2003, 01:53 AM
I totally agree, he is a HERO!! But also know a big heart when I see one. Thanks for sharing your story. I will check out the pics

Ox

Quick Reply: Got my a$$ handed to me...but it was a worthy cause