Lightning

I found a winter car for me...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003 | 11:26 AM
|
I found a winter car for me...

I know it's a real wheel drive Mustang but I think it will get me around a little better than the truck would. It's a buddy of mine's. He just got it out of the shop for the new paint job. I think it looks really good. Now I'm not sure if he wants to sell it anymore. I don't blame him for wanting to keep it. I just wanted to post some pics of it with the new paint job.
I think it would be fun having a 5 speed to drive around. If I have another car to drive then I'd be able to do more work to my truck like I'd like to do in the future.
Here's some pics of it...

Old 10-09-2003 | 11:29 AM
Nice.. I miss my mustang

Old 10-09-2003 | 11:47 AM
Thumbs up

this is how we do the summer/winter thang in Nawlins, or something

Old 10-09-2003 | 12:44 PM
Re: I found a winter car for me...

Originally posted by ShaneMcKenna203
I know it's a real wheel drive Mustang but I think it will get me around a little better than the truck would. It's a buddy of mine's. He just got it out of the shop for the new paint job. I think it looks really good. Now I'm not sure if he wants to sell it anymore. I don't blame him for wanting to keep it. I just wanted to post some pics of it with the new paint job.
I think it would be fun having a 5 speed to drive around. If I have another car to drive then I'd be able to do more work to my truck like I'd like to do in the future.
Here's some pics of it...

Nice looking Stang, but would you really want it for a winter driver? Seems a shame to drive that in the snow and ice.

Old 10-09-2003 | 01:02 PM
|
Re: Re: I found a winter car for me...

Originally posted by MaxTorque02
Nice looking Stang, but would you really want it for a winter driver? Seems a shame to drive that in the snow and ice.
I know it isnt the best of cars to be driving in the winter. But it doesn't get that bad around here. I know I am in Illinois and it is known for bad winters. But it only snows a few good times each winter. Then it clears up, and the roads are fine. I just don't want to drive my truck.
I was going to get a Jeep Wrangler and drive that around but i found out it broke a rod bearing. My dad says that is a big red flag and I shouldn't get it cause it was either built wrong, or driven hard. How serious is it to blow a rod bearing on a 91 jeep with just over 100,000 miles? They are fixing it now and it should be ready in a few weeks. How reliable do you think the Jeep will be?

Thanks for the input, Shane

Old 10-09-2003 | 03:37 PM
WOW is that a red interior... that is something I would change right away... get a black interior from 91-93 5.0 car.
If it's an automatic, it will never move in the snow. 5 spd Mustangs are wonderful in the snow though. I have been looking for one to use as a winter/everyday car for a while now. No need to change tires/wheels either... F1's all the way.

Old 10-09-2003 | 03:42 PM
|
it's a 5 speed. and the interior I never really liked red either
thanks for the input on a 5 speed stang in the snow.
Shane

Old 10-09-2003 | 07:04 PM
I had a 90 5.0 coupe that would not move at all in snow. I had it idling in gear with me pushing on the trunk trying to get it in the garage in 3" of snow. Mine was pretty light, option delete no power anything including a/c. I might have done better with a couple hundred pounds in the trunk.

Old 10-09-2003 | 07:44 PM
|
I had the same problem 1 day in the snow with my truck. It took me 2 hours to get up my driveway into the garage. (I was trying to move my truck by the time my buddy came over to plow the driveway...) I couldn't get in for the life of me! I would get half way in and the back end would start to slide towards the wall!
It was horrible! I ended up backing out of the driveway and coming back in reverse and drove right in...
thanks, Shane

Old 10-10-2003 | 11:15 AM
|
Anyone else agree with my dad that the Jeep breaking rod bearings is a red flag... I'd like to get the 4x4 jeep but when I heard it broke rod bearings, my dad got real worried about the car and said stay away from it. Is he right?
thanks, Shane

Old 10-10-2003 | 01:47 PM
in this situation, the price is always negotiable. Just pick a price you could live with if it did have issues down the road. A 12 year old Jeep with over 100,000 shouldnt be worth more than 1500-2000 bucks to begin with...

Old 10-10-2003 | 02:08 PM
|
he wanted $3,000 for it.

Old 10-10-2003 | 04:01 PM
Originally posted by ShaneMcKenna203
he wanted $3,000 for it.
that is too much. Jeeps break a lot. Personally; I have had too much luck with the jap (accord,camry) cars in the winter/daily driver. I have a 91 honda with 115k ; runs like a champ. Bought it from the original owner two years ago 97k for 3500 ... The engine runs perfect. Needs axles soon.

What kind of guarantee/ warranty on the labor done to the jeep? If some goofball who doesn't torq spec anything, throws it together and that will come back to haunt you...
just my 2 cents...
good luck!
john

Old 10-10-2003 | 04:22 PM
|
Originally posted by PWR_WHLS

What kind of guarantee/ warranty on the labor done to the jeep? If some goofball who doesn't torq spec anything, throws it together and that will come back to haunt you...
just my 2 cents...
good luck!
john
His dad is doing the work to the bearings. I trust him, he knows a lot about cars. I just don't know if I trust the car.
thanks for the info, Shane

Quick Reply: I found a winter car for me...