Lightning

What's Everyone Think???

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003 | 11:17 PM
I really like the look of a painted border on a carbon fiber hood. I say go for it, but the CF hood will likely weigh more than the stocker due to the needed bracing made from fiberglass.

Old 10-10-2003 | 11:29 PM
Originally posted by soap
As long as the owner likes who fuggin cares what everyone else thinks.
If that was the case, he wouldn't have asked for opinions, and I would not have felt the need to give my personal opinion on the subject.

And, personally, I rarely see a vehicle modified for the person's own benefit. Many people, let's say of the younger persuasion, see a vehicle with certain modifications, see that it gains a lot of attention, and therefore wants to perform the same on his/her own vehicle to garner the same amount of attention. People modify their vehicles to fit in with their cliques, or to join circles of friends, or for respect from others.

Stick around, I'm sure I can come up with dumber things to say

Old 10-10-2003 | 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Brian Baskin
If that was the case, he wouldn't have asked for opinions, and I would not have felt the need to give my personal opinion on the subject.

And, personally, I rarely see a vehicle modified for the person's own benefit. Many people, let's say of the younger persuasion, see a vehicle with certain modifications, see that it gains a lot of attention, and therefore wants to perform the same on his/her own vehicle to garner the same amount of attention. People modify their vehicles to fit in with their cliques, or to join circles of friends, or for respect from others.

I didn't mean anything personal by what I said, although it sure didn't come out like that.

I just meant that anything I do to my vehicle I do because I want to and because I think it looks good........

Guess I just figured most others are the same, but it seems like most others do things just to fit in

I could care less what others think of my vehicles..........as long as I like them

--Joe

Last edited by soap; 10-10-2003 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-10-2003 | 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Brian Baskin

Read some of my posts, I think I've got you beat

Old 10-11-2003 | 12:12 AM
I like the look of carbon fiber and don't really care who made it "fashionably" good or bad. I think it would look best though if your truck was black or silver...