Lightning

Diablo Sport Predator update??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003 | 05:02 PM
|
Diablo Sport Predator update??

Does anybody know anything about this yet??

Old 10-21-2003 | 05:04 PM
Two more weeks.

Old 10-21-2003 | 05:09 PM
I want one real bad!

-Mike

Old 10-21-2003 | 05:12 PM
The Cobra one works awesome.

Old 10-21-2003 | 05:20 PM
I've got a question I originally saw posted on another forum today...Is it possible for Ford SVT techs and all their special tools and diagnostic systems to somehow test to find out if the vehicle's computer has been tampered with (ie reflash)? I have heard the other questions posted here regarding the fact that some warranties have been voided due to the physical evidence of a chip, but is it possible to somehow look into the history of a computer? Maybe this is too far out, but I'd rather know now rather than after I drop $420.00.

Old 10-21-2003 | 05:20 PM
this is not the predator but i heard that the superchips micro tuner has a program now in it for 2/4/6 pulleys. Is this true? If its is then can a Actual tuner(person) put a modified program in one?

Old 10-21-2003 | 05:23 PM
Originally posted by swiseuf
I've got a question I originally saw posted on another forum today...Is it possible for Ford SVT techs and all their special tools and diagnostic systems to somehow test to find out if the vehicle's computer has been tampered with (ie reflash)? I have heard the other questions posted here regarding the fact that some warranties have been voided due to the physical evidence of a chip, but is it possible to somehow look into the history of a computer? Maybe this is too far out, but I'd rather know now rather than after I drop $420.00.
Do not mod.

Old 10-21-2003 | 05:31 PM
Originally posted by jeff2001silver
Do not mod.

I know youre rolling the dice the second you start spinning wrenches, but I am trying to travel the route of being able to completely reverse mods without leaving any evidence...

Last edited by swiseuf; 10-21-2003 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-21-2003 | 05:32 PM
According to James at Runnin With The Devil the dyno tuning is done they are just fine tuning them and the should be ready in less than a month. This thing is going to be awesome.

Matt

Old 10-21-2003 | 05:36 PM
The post just above this one is about 6 months old, just reposted.

Just kidding.

Old 10-21-2003 | 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Stormyday
The post just above this one is about 6 months old, just reposted.

Just kidding.

Old 10-21-2003 | 05:56 PM
but how dangerous is it gonna be to tune your vehicle yourself?
or do they make it idiot poof?
i woulndt wanna blow my own engine up!!

Old 10-21-2003 | 10:18 PM
Originally posted by jeff2001silver
The Cobra one works awesome.
I'll repeat my comments from who knows how long ago:

The cobras just came out and they get this thing, we've been around for years and nothing yet. It sucks being the red-headed-step-child.

danny - what happens is you request a tune like a chip (ie tell what mods you have and you get a general chip to those mods) and that tune comes on the Predator. From there you can change settings such as shift points, shift firmness, fuel, etc. Buy they only let you change a little, nothing serious enough to blow an engine. Though I'm sure some people will.

If the above info is incorrect please correct me

Old 10-22-2003 | 01:00 AM
Originally posted by captainoblivious
. . . danny - what happens is you request a tune like a chip (ie tell what mods you have and you get a general chip to those mods) and that tune comes on the Predator. From there you can change settings such as shift points, shift firmness, fuel, etc. Buy they only let you change a little, nothing serious enough to blow an engine. Though I'm sure some people will.

If the above info is incorrect please correct me
It's not "wrong," but a little misleading. Your assumption is that the "stock" Predator tune is safe enough that +/- 10% or so adjustments do not take one past the ragged edge.

Given the number of people who have blown their engines with non-adjustable chips, I think that the Predator will be inherently less safe.

When (or should I say if) the Predator arrives, I will finally be able to test my add boost/lower shift points and rev limiter theory. This theory is that "safe" increases can be found by lowering the shift points commensurate with the increase in blower speed. I.e., overdrive the blower by 10%, decrease the shift points by 10%. Same blower speed at redline. In reality, it would probably be something like increase blower speed 20%, decrease shift points 10% (adding a 6 lb pulley, for instance, would require ridiculously low shift points). The idea would be to maximize area under the curve. It may not work (the lower shift points may take the engine out of the torque curve), but it's worth a try.

Old 10-22-2003 | 01:45 AM
Tim

I have also thought about lowering the shift point and increasing the blower speed while keeping the same overall blower rpm. I have done the numbers and they match up but paper and the real world is two different things.

Quick Reply: Diablo Sport Predator update??